New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I wonder if they're already planning a second area in/around LP? To differentiate more from Lighthouse Pointe?
IDK. I thought LP was already taking up all the area they were allowed to develop per the agreement.

Gotta change LP to LCALP.

Why?? Lighthouse Point was fine.
We’ve visited Eleuthera and Lighthouse point was a major destination. A lot of people were upset that DCL came in. DCL doesn’t use all of Lighthouse point so they probably named it to represent the part of the area that they are using.

I was under the impression the third triton class ship would come directly after the Treasure. Is it anticipated that would be started AFTER the Adventure is completed? So at some point, maybe 2027?

I was under the impression the third triton class ship would come directly after the Treasure. Is it anticipated that would be started AFTER the Adventure is completed? So at some point, maybe 2027?
The Adventure is being built at a different shipyard than the Treasure and third Triton class ship.

“2025”ish, probably early 2026 accounting for possible construction delays
that makes sense, because if we're following the timeline of previous ships, a 2025 release should mean we are getting, at a minimum a name and primary character by the end of the year

that makes sense, because if we're following the timeline of previous ships, a 2025 release should mean we are getting, at a minimum a name and primary character by the end of the year
I suspect had they not bought the partly-finished Global Behemoth we might have gotten that yesterday. Instead the Behemoth got a name.

Then again, they might want to wait until the Treasure is floated out and work on Triton 3 can begin.

And here I am thinking that the behemoth will end the first of what will be 4 or 5 megaships like that

Lookout Cay? Such a generic name. Every town in the world with a hill has a Lookout Point. Castaway Cay is such a great name. It describes your experience on the island, making you feel like you’re stranded (with a couple thousand close friends) for a few hours. All the theming evokes the name. I hope LCALP is better than its name.

What are the superstition/folklore rules for renaming a ship? How can you meet those folklore issues and still change the name?

This ship does or can’t have the coins we have in every other ship?
What’s the work around on that? Do we just have someone else’s coins now? Have we been able to get ours in there?

What are the superstition/folklore rules for renaming a ship? How can you meet those folklore issues and still change the name?

What’s the work around on that? Do we just have someone else’s coins now? Have we been able to get ours in there?
The Adventure was never christened, so I'm not sure any of the re-naming superstitions come into play.

Eh, just have someone go running through the ship screaming MacBeth. It'll be fine.

We’ve visited Eleuthera and Lighthouse point was a major destination. A lot of people were upset that DCL came in. DCL doesn’t use all of Lighthouse point so they probably named it to represent the part of the area that they are using.
Thank you for clarifying this. I thought Lighthouse Point was the name for the DCL part of Eleuthera. I didn't realize that was an existing name that DCL maybe co-opted. Now it makes so much more sense why DCL added the "Lookout Cay" part to the name to distinguish it.

The Adventure was never christened, so I'm not sure any of the re-naming superstitions come into play.
True. I served as an officer in USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63). What isn't known is that Kitty Hawk was being built next to USS Constellation (CV 64) at the shipyards. When a warship is laid down, a brass plaque is welded to her hull down deep in the engineering spaces naming the Ship, her yard and so on. The under construction Kitty Hawk had a massive fire that slowed her delivery, so the under construction Constellation became the Kitty Hawk. I owned the machinery space where the plaque for Kitty Hawk read "USS CONSTELLATION CVA 64". Little bit of trivia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter