New Disney Theme Park reservation system

I don’t understand how this works you buy a ticket blind and then get into a reservation lottery of some kind that tells you if you got your preferred park or offers you secondary options? Is this how others are interpreting their plans?

Yep. That’s what it sounds like. This will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for my friends who were supposed to go with us in October but hadn’t bought their tickets yet, thank goodness. I would never recommend they spend a lot of money to go on a trip like this. The whole system is overly complicated and not worth the money. Also, what in the world is Disney going to do about ppl who already purchased park hopper tickets and can’t park hop?!? We bought AP’s and can’t park hop either. What about us? It’s such nonsense honestly.

I don’t understand how this works you buy a ticket blind and then get into a reservation lottery of some kind that tells you if you got your preferred park or offers you secondary options? Is this how others are interpreting their plans?

They are no longer selling tickets...so, they won’t sell new ones...other than APs...until those with tickets have been taken care of,

I think that what might end up happening is that the tickets will be tied to the reservation system at first, So, you go on and you set up your days and then buy to match.

People buying from 3rd parties may have a tougher time if that was the system...

Now it’s expected by the end of this week we should get more details on how it will work

And as momimouse27 said, and I'm in the same position, you must have already bought your ticket in order to get in the lottery. For those of us who hadn't bought tickets yet, it looks like we're out of luck.

They are no longer selling tickets...so, they won’t sell new ones...other than APs...until those with tickets have been taken care of,

I think that what might end up happening is that the tickets will be tied to the reservation system at first, So, you go on and you set up your days and then buy to match.

People buying from 3rd parties may have a tougher time if that was the system...

Now it’s expected by the end of this week we should get more details on how it will work
Ok so I have an Oct DVC two night stay on points my daughter and a friend who hold AP’s are on the reservation and we planned prepandemic to go to Epcot for food and wine! That means they can enter this lottery and I am sol because I can’t even buy a ticket? That seems weird! We’ll hopefully the parks aren’t at the capacity set for that day and they allow guests to buy a ticket but then we might not be allowed at the same park? This is going to be a logistical nightmare! And like you said AP without park hopper? She is looking at maybe three to four days during the time her ap is active so I think her and a lot of other ap holders aren’t going to get good use of their passes! I gotta believe this is very temporary like for the summer or Disney is going to kill the magic and turn people off to their product not to mention stock holders are going to be screening if the parks aren’t the revenue stream they used to be

Ok so I have an Oct DVC two night stay on points my daughter and a friend who hold AP’s are on the reservation and we planned prepandemic to go to Epcot for food and wine! That means they can enter this lottery and I am sol because I can’t even buy a ticket? That seems weird! We’ll hopefully the parks aren’t at the capacity set for that day and they allow guests to buy a ticket but then we might not be allowed at the same park? This is going to be a logistical nightmare! And like you said AP without park hopper? She is looking at maybe three to four days during the time her ap is active so I think her and a lot of other ap holders aren’t going to get good use of their passes! I gotta believe this is very temporary like for the summer or Disney is going to kill the magic and turn people off to their product not to mention stock holders are going to be screening if the parks aren’t the revenue stream they used to be

I honestly think ticket sales will be back up by the time your window opens....currently reported via rumors at 30 days to reserve.

But, I do think that is why they put out the notion that being a resort guest does not guarantee you will get into the park because at first, I Think some will get shut out...even if it means not getting each oark,

By fall, capacity will be much greater and honestly, I don’t see it as big of an issue,,,especially with the rumor that F and W may not happen now.

I honestly think ticket sales will be back up by the time your window opens....currently reported via rumors at 30 days to reserve.

But, I do think that is why they put out the notion that being a resort guest does not guarantee you will get into the park because at first, I Think some will get shut out...even if it means not getting each oark,

By fall, capacity will be much greater and honestly, I don’t see it as big of an issue,,,especially with the rumor that F and W may not happen now.
I am rooting for your opinion and have to agree! The limits may be to set up and test the system! Once in place they will slowly open it up to more participants and work out the kinks!

Can you point me in the direction of the F&W rumor? This would hugely influence whether our friends go with us in the fall. :(

Can you point me in the direction of the F&W rumor? This would hugely influence whether our friends go with us in the fall. :(

It is in the big thread on the rumors board...there is also someone who has posted that it is not on the calendar on the HUB for CMs...her daughter is one...so speculation is there is a chance it may not happen, especially that they are not keeping the college program active during the fall and the lack of international CMs will make it difficult.

Sandisw - you seem to have some good info, maybe you can answer this question. Would I be able to convert my 6-day flex tickets to an AP before the park reservations open up? Would I call MS or WDW tix? I asked on the ticket thread, but I didn't get a response.

I jumped the gun and bought 6-day tix through UT rather than an AP - I was so worried I wouldn't be able to get tickets or a park reservation, I forgot to do my cost analysis!

It is in the big thread on the rumors board...there is also someone who has posted that it is not on the calendar on the HUB for CMs...her daughter is one...so speculation is there is a chance it may not happen, especially that they are not keeping the college program active during the fall and the lack of international CMs will make it difficult.
The fact that they haven’t put out a notice that it’s not happening makes me wonder if it is a go? They seem to be trying to get people to cancel their reservations - seems like cancelling F&W would cause a lot of cancellations.

The fact that they haven’t put out a notice that it’s not happening makes me wonder if it is a go? They seem to be trying to get people to cancel their reservations - seems like cancelling F&W would cause a lot of cancellations.

Very true, I don’t think it is decided one way or the other, but that there are clues from internal sources to suggest it could be in jeopardy...or at least, not be it’s typical festival

At this point, I think any of those events may be until more is known

I halfway expect these theme park reservations to require a credit card guarantee. Then if you don't show up, you'll get charged a "no show" fee.

View attachment 499859
For individuals who have already bought a Park Hopper, I’m thinking Disney should charge extra for the privilege of making a reservation in two separate parks on the same day. They could call it Park Hopper Plus? This could be a revenue source.

Have been on vacation :), out of the loop

Appears I should quickly purchase tix thru vendor for my adult DS who is joining us for Sept/Oct trip?

Have been on vacation :), out of the loop

Appears I should quickly purchase tix thru vendor for my adult DS who is joining us for Sept/Oct trip?

Not sure who is still selling them, I know UT shut down and I think so did Park savers.

Not sure who is still selling them, I know UT shut down and I think so did Park savers.
Just discovered that ugh. Sept is a ways off but kicking myself I didn’t buy them before we left end of May.

Worst case, we do have two complimentary tix from RoTR issues. Maybe we could at least assign them to him. Not sure tho

Just discovered that ugh. Sept is a ways off but kicking myself I didn’t buy them before we left end of May.

Worst case, we do have two complimentary tix from RoTR issues. Maybe we could at least assign them to him. Not sure tho

I do think they will open up before you need to book park reservations. Rumors are that it could be only 30 days out to start from check in date.

Got some more details from our TA friend. Disney will release this info soon.

1 park per day (No park hopping but you can leave and come back)

All of 2020 will open all at once

If your MDE app is loaded with tickets/AP AND a onsite hotel you will get priority theme park access vs those offsite with tickets/AP. Means FL AP people might have issues getting a reservation.

No set date for when the reservation system opens

Opening at 20% capacity

Last edited:
Got some more details from our TA friend. Disney will release this info soon.

1 park per day (No park hopping but you can leave and come back)

All of 2020 will open all at once

If your MDE app is loaded with tickets/AP AND a onsite hotel you will get priority theme park access vs those offsite with tickets/AP. Means FL AP people might have issues getting a reservation.

No set date for when the reservation system opens

I hope this is true.

Still worried about my AP that expired this week. Will recently expired, but promised to be extended, Annual Pass plus on site reservation put me in the priority group? Sure hope so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter