• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Visa Offer - Kids Eat/Play Free

It is usually specific as to the days/nights you can book.
The 4night/5 day quote is always for promotional purposes. The promos, such as this one are usually applicable to vacation packages with a 3 night minimum and a 14 day maximum.

Question :confused3

My DS is 10 and is charged an adult ticket for the park and adult price for the DDP. WOuld he be considered an adult for this promo?

If I wanted to take me (adult) and 10 yr old DS. Could my 8 yr old DD and 5 yr old DS go free since me and 10 yr old DS are paying the adult prices?
The "child" discount applies to children 3 - 9 years of age. Anyone 10 and over is considered an adult in regard to this promo and Disney guidelines.

The "child" discount applies to children 3 - 9 years of age. Anyone 10 and over is considered an adult in regard to this promo and Disney guidelines.

That's what I am questioning. Would my 10 year old be considered a paying adult so the 2nd of my under 10 child would be free? Isn't it one free child per adult?

Me as paying adult = free 8 yr old DD
10 yr old DS as a paying adult = free 5 yr old DS

Not asking if 10 yr old DS would be free but if he could be the qualifying paying adult?

Does that make sense?

Not generally WDW 's best offer.
Kids already stay in the room for free. So it's the value of the dining plan and their park ticket. A week long base ticket for a kid that's 3-9 is only about $215 total. Food is only $12 per day for that age group. ($84 per week) (total per kid is $298. Most % off deals will beat $300, and even $600.)

However, for kids inthe 10 - 17 range, tickets are over $250, and dining is more like $42 per day. ($294 a week) (or $544 total.)

I'm hoping they extend this into the fall. Would love to save some cash for week after Thanksgiving.

That's what I am questioning. Would my 10 year old be considered a paying adult so the 2nd of my under 10 child would be free? Isn't it one free child per adult?

Not asking if 10 yr old DS would be free but if he could be the qualifying paying adult?

Does that make sense?
No, it is not one free child per adult. Even if you were a family of 7 with five kids ages 3 - 9, they would all be "free" under this promo offer.

Does that make sense?

No, you can have more than one child per adult. I am going with my 2 dds and they are both free.

This offer also applies to the Disney Visa Debit card. I gave up my credit cards but am able to qualify for all the Disney Visa card perks with the debit card.

...Disney Rewards® Visa® Cardmembers, " Kids Stay, Play, and Eat Free offer" Not sure if it's a good idea or not? Some of you smart people can figure it out.
Our deal we booked our current reservation under is still a better deal than this promotion. If you didn't book under the earlier promotion this may be a good deal, if you also intend not to carry over any credit card balance.

i'm hoping this means they will offer it to the general public. i've gotten this offer in the past. i would have to seriously consider it if i got it now because we want to see the Main Street Electrical Parade.

This offer also applies to the Disney Visa Debit card. I gave up my credit cards but am able to qualify for all the Disney Visa card perks with the debit card.

Sorry to hijack, but I have never heard of a Disney Visa Debit Card. How did you get that?

I had a 9 night stay booked at All Star Movies with Dining for 2 adults and 2 five year olds with tickets plus water park. I was paying just over $3000. I called the number to see if the Visa offer was better. The guy on the phone didn't think so, but said he would run the numbers for me. After 45 minutes on and off hold, he returned with an awesome answer. Yes, it would be cheaper ......even with the upgrade to the regular dining and adding water parks. I saved $240 for the exact same package! It is so worth it just to call and see! You never know!

if I am understanding this correctly, I can potentially save $200 going with the visa offer as long as I can control my OOP spending. BUT, the QS DP is only 2 meals and 2 snacks per day so we would still need to plan for one extra meal per day OOP. Also, the other issue with the QS DP for kids is the fact they HAVE to order from the kids menu, which is not very desirable at all as my current 8yo commented on how much he hated being stuck with the same things everyday back in 2008.

I figured we could pretty much eat for $500 est. for the week on our current package. That is a bare minimum estimate though.

With the Visa card deal I figure we can eat for around $180 OOP with the QS DP.

So this leaves me with this assumption.
My current offer is $1621 + $500 food - $300 giftcard = $1821 roughly
The Visa deal would be $1428 + $180 food = $1608 roughly.

Unless I am completely missing or forgetting something, it appears that the Disney Visa Rewards offer gives me about $200 of extra wiggle room.

Does this sound accurate?

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but the way I ran all of the numbers before I called, was to just pretend like my trip consisted of only adults online. Then, just added in my seven day base tickets and quick service dining. The price that I got was the same price that they gave me when I called using the code. (The only number it didn't count in was insurance, which we don't buy, but many of you might).

I rebooked at POP for 1892.00. It was the best price that I had gotten at a value. It worked out better than the room only which was 696 (room) + 901 (tickets) + 500 (food) = 2097. And I believe that the gift card offer was not as good for us either. We needed more than 300.00 for food for a week.

We had booked a room only at WL. The vacation would have cost us about 3070.00. So, we saved close to 1200.00 by switching. I was so excited to stay there, but this was just the magic number. We still may switch to Music though, but at least we have the price booked for now!

Sorry to hijack, but I have never heard of a Disney Visa Debit Card. How did you get that?

You just apply on the Disney Rewards site.

Thanks. I went there last night and you have to open a Chase checking account and the Debit Card is attached to that. I can't attach it to my current account.

Seems like a great perk for those of us who spend too much at Disney! I just have to decide if I want to move my money to a bank that doesn't have a branch close by.

You just apply on the Disney Rewards site.

Thanks. I went there last night and you have to open a Chase checking account and the Debit Card is attached to that. I can't attach it to my current account.

Seems like a great perk for those of us who spend too much at Disney! I just have to decide if I want to move my money to a bank that doesn't have a branch close by.

Yep, you do have to have an account. If you do, you can also go into a branch and sign up for it.

$25 annual fee and you only earn $1 for every $200 you spend, but when we joined they had a deal where you got a $25 bump in your reward dollars after a certain point, so this year it evened out, and that $1 is more than we were getting with our Chase debit card before LOL. (should note that we signed up for it just after the Chase changeover was done at our bank...they actually have *free* rewards debit cards at a higher rate...you just don't get disney rewards dollars for it) And you get a choice of a few really cute designs on the debit cards.

For those wishing they used CCs...don't the Visa deals usually go to the public a few weeks after going "live" to Chase CC holders? That's how it has worked with free dining in the past...

Well this was disappointing. Applied for and got the Disney account but I can't use it for the 2 weeks it takes me to get the card. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me that I can use it online to book a vacation but I can't use it to book over the phone.

Guess I will just have to hope that the deal will still be available at Pop when the card finally comes. Who knows how long that will be.

It can be for a longer stay. I just applied it to a 10 night stay and saved over $300.00 on a trip I had previously booked with the 25% code.

Do you know if the entire package must be paid for using your Disney Visa, or could you make the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa and pay the reamaining balance using another credit card or form of payment? TIA :)

Well this was disappointing. Applied for and got the Disney account but I can't use it for the 2 weeks it takes me to get the card. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me that I can use it online to book a vacation but I can't use it to book over the phone.

Guess I will just have to hope that the deal will still be available at Pop when the card finally comes. Who knows how long that will be.

I just applied for the card online also and called the 1-800-300-8575 to see if they could give me my account number to book now. He said they can't give your number over the phone, but that you might be able to call WDW booking and have them contact Disney Visa for the confirmation and charge. I don't know how that would work, but I thought I'd let you know what they told me. I still have to price it out to see what the best deal is for our family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter