• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

robl45

DIS Veteran
So did I read the info correct that now instead of Photopass included, you get the privilege of paying extra for it? Has Disney lost all sanity? They just keep upping everything and adding extra charges to the point that its just foolish.

So did I read the info correct that now instead of Photopass included, you get the privilege of paying extra for it? Has Disney lost all sanity? They just keep upping everything and adding extra charges to the point that its just foolish.

I'll go back to giving the Disney photographers my camera to take photos. Unless they're going to start charging for that as well. I won't have the magic shots, but so be it.

And the price for no-blackout dates went up almost $500 per year, and they still limit the number of park passes you can have, and can only park hop at a certain time. It’s ridiculous. Especially photo pass which costs them nothing.
You added a zero there- or you’re seeing the future and informing of us of next year’s price increase?

Last edited:
Had to go back through my emails for the receipt but I renewed my Platinum in Jan for $1080. Incredi-Pass renewal rate is 1104 + tax and no PhotoPass lol.

So obviously next time we renew we will have to renew as incredi-pass I assume? No grandfathering in of old passes?

So obviously next time we renew we will have to renew as incredi-pass I assume? No grandfathering in of old passes?
Not sure. Personally I hope so. Alas my renewal window doesn’t open until 9/11 and I’m not hopefully they’ll allow it … from the website

“If you are currently within your renewal window, you may choose to renew into one of the current Annual Pass options through September 7, 2021. On September 8, 2021, if you are within your renewal window, you will be able to select from the new passes at the time you wish to renew.”

Comparing the DVC Gold AP to the new Sorcerer's pass. Sorcerer's has different blackout dates (none over Easter, but now includes Thanksgiving weekend) but the Gold AP has none over Thanksgiving. Loss of Memory Maker. Higher price tag (Gold was $719, Sorcerer's is $899!) and this is after they raised prices $20 right before the shutdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter