New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

So, they are valuing each park's individual annual pass at $325 - damn, even for Disney, compared to other parks around the country...

Comparing the DVC Gold AP to the new Sorcerer's pass. Sorcerer's has different blackout dates (none over Easter, but now includes Thanksgiving weekend) but the Gold AP has none over Thanksgiving. Loss of Memory Maker. Higher price tag (Gold was $719, Sorcerer's is $899!) and this is after they raised prices $20 right before the shutdown.
Link to new AP types block out dates?

Do you think we will still be able to bridge tickets to the new AP. I have a 9 day ticket with Hopper and Water Park ticket in September because during the pandemic my AP expired and was unable to renew.
so hoping my 9 day tkt can be upgradeable to AP now.

I wonder how this impacts purchased but not yet activated Platinum Annual Passes. We still have 2 APs (one for each of us) that have not yet been activated. Will those still be granted the full benefit described when they were purchased? I think the main difference is that Platinum AP includes Photopass downloads vs this new thing that does not.

I am confuse . I go to Disneyworld for a 15 day vacation each spring. I am no longer able to go into the parks for all 15 days? I stay at disney hotels.

Do you think we will still be able to bridge tickets to the new AP. I have a 9 day ticket with Hopper and Water Park ticket in September because during the pandemic my AP expired and was unable to renew.
so hoping my 9 day tkt can be upgradeable to AP now.
If not I don’t even have to bother running the math on this 😆 I’ve got my ticket for a trip right after my AP expires and if I can’t bridge that I’m definitely not renewing my AP.

I’m guessing no grandfather options. Another site is reporting all APs will get 5 reservations starting 9/8.

Does the additional park res thing seem super lame to anyone else? Like if Disney goes back to old capacity levels no parks should be blocked aside from major holidays/events anyway…

Comparing the DVC Gold AP to the new Sorcerer's pass. Sorcerer's has different blackout dates (none over Easter, but now includes Thanksgiving weekend) but the Gold AP has none over Thanksgiving. Loss of Memory Maker. Higher price tag (Gold was $719, Sorcerer's is $899!) and this is after they raised prices $20 right before the shutdown.
And what was the Silver Pass at a moderately reasonable price if you avoided the main peak times has basically been eliminated. They gave you back a lot of the summer but took away pretty much every mid-level holiday weekend such as Labor Day which had never really been huge crowds. And it's a massive price hike over what the Silver Pass was prior.

It costs them nothing to offer it as a perk. They didn’t implement photopass just for passholders. I’m salty about this because it’s a perk I really enjoyed, especially with a new baby.
So, what you're saying is that there's no additional incremental cost. I'd argue that there is. The shear volume of additional photos and storage to enable so many additional people access to the service certainly adds to the costs. If they only had half as many people taking advantage of the service, I'm sure it would cost them less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter