• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

I am confuse . I go to Disneyworld for a 15 day vacation each spring. I am no longer able to go into the parks for all 15 days? I stay at disney hotels.
You should still be able to book passes for the length of stay by staying on site, if park passes are available to resort guests. If you were staying off site, then you would be subject to the limits of passes on the AP.

How does photopass cost them nothing? They pay people, equipment, and technology for that service. I'm sure it costs a lot.
Eh, maybe they used to, last couple times I went, you could barely find the photographers, we skipped a lot of pictures because the lines were stupid long for the few that were around. For someone that mentioned magic pictures, I used to like those, but these last couple of times, they barely did them and when they did, it was the same tired ones over and over again. But it really does cost them nothing. You don't think that is already included in the ridiculous extreme prices they are charging? I think they can probably take it out of the parking fees they are charging now, another thing that cost them nothing that they decided to charge for.

I wonder how this impacts purchased but not yet activated Platinum Annual Passes. We still have 2 APs (one for each of us) that have not yet been activated. Will those still be granted the full benefit described when they were purchased? I think the main difference is that Platinum AP includes Photopass downloads vs this new thing that does not.
Intriguing question… personally I would expect Disney to honor the terms of the purchase and either issue a Plat AP or so the new AP with a photopass benefit.

Comparing the DVC Gold AP to the new Sorcerer's pass. Sorcerer's has different blackout dates (none over Easter, but now includes Thanksgiving weekend) but the Gold AP has none over Thanksgiving. Loss of Memory Maker. Higher price tag (Gold was $719, Sorcerer's is $899!) and this is after they raised prices $20 right before the shutdown.
Comparing the DVC Gold AP to the new Sorcerer's pass. Sorcerer's has different blackout dates (none over Easter, but now includes Thanksgiving weekend) but the Gold AP has none over Thanksgiving. Loss of Memory Maker. Higher price tag (Gold was $719, Sorcerer's is $899!) and this is after they raised prices $20 right before the shutdown.
I currently have gold. you forgot to add in the memory maker fee that used to be included.

I don't think they've lost all sanity, I think they realized they've been undercharging for APs for years now. I know it seems worse because some of the benefits are separate now, but I think the overall value of an AP is still there if you vacation multiple times a year or are a local.

So, what you're saying is that there's no additional incremental cost. I'd argue that there is. The shear volume of additional photos and storage to enable so many additional people access to the service certainly adds to the costs. If they only had half as many people taking advantage of the service, I'm sure it would cost them less.

They’re already raising prices for the base pass, though. I currently pay $67 per month, which is $804 per year. A difference of almost $500 for the Incredi-Pass. Adding a $100 cost for photo pass on top of that is just insult to injury.

They’re already raising prices for the base pass, though. I currently pay $67 per month, which is $804 per year. A difference of almost $500 for the Incredi-Pass. Adding a $100 cost for photo pass on top of that is just insult to injury.

Don't forget to add in 15/day per person if you want fastpasses - which of course used to be free.

I think this is clearly their way of trying to get less people to purchase APs.

I’m guessing no grandfather options. Another site is reporting all APs will get 5 reservations starting 9/8.

Does the additional park res thing seem super lame to anyone else? Like if Disney goes back to old capacity levels no parks should be blocked aside from major holidays/events anyway…
Exactly, they trying to add a temporary reservation thing as a perk. Actually seems like they trying to make it permanent and trying to charge people more to get access ot the park. LOL

I'll go back to giving the Disney photographers my camera to take photos. Unless they're going to start charging for that as well. I won't have the magic shots, but so be it.
It’s been said recently that CMs are declining using peoples phones and cameras. I assume this is for covid protocol and/or liability reasons. Or maybe even to force people into buying photo pass at this point, who knows.

So the fact that park reservations are built into the levels and are being touted as selling points of the higher levels, does this mean park reservations are here to stay permanently? I assumed they’d go away after pandemic protocols are stopped, but perhaps they will now use park reservations to control capacity to ensure reasonable wait times under the Genie+ model.

I don't think they've lost all sanity, I think they realized they've been undercharging for APs for years now. I know it seems worse because some of the benefits are separate now, but I think the overall value of an AP is still there if you vacation multiple times a year or are a local.
Knock yourself out, we are finishing our annual pass which expires in March and going to universal for at this point half the price of Disney and its actually relaxing.

I wonder how this impacts purchased but not yet activated Platinum Annual Passes. We still have 2 APs (one for each of us) that have not yet been activated. Will those still be granted the full benefit described when they were purchased? I think the main difference is that Platinum AP includes Photopass downloads vs this new thing that does not.
They will (and pretty much have to unless they offer you a refund) give you the benefits of the ticket when you purchased it for things such as photopass. Obviously, if there are benefits (I can't think of any) that just aren't possible or not offered at all anymore that would be a more complicated matter. I'm in a more complicated situation as I have an unactivated Silver Pass and there isn't really a comparable new tier when it comes to blackout dates. It really falls halfway between the middle two tiers. However, I do see on the Disney website that they still have a Silver Blackout calendar published through August 2022 so I assume they are planning to at least maintain all existing passes for a while even while not selling new ones. Much in the same way if you had an old non-expiring ticket that retains that benefit even though they haven't sold that ticket for many years.

Until 2022, when your AP will give you a $10 discount to utilize Parking+. 🤣 - which will have a different tiered cost based on the day of your visit.
Well they already have preferred parking for 50 dollars a day. But don't worry as a passholder, you can just pay the difference or 25 dollars which is the same as normal parking ROFL. Disney is so greedy its stupid already.

Knock yourself out, we are finishing our annual pass which expires in March and going to universal for at this point half the price of Disney and its actually relaxing.

Me too maybe I will go back to my three park and go back to Volcano Bay

Don't overlook this tidbit...

"Please note as we continue to manage attendance to provide a great experience for everyone, at any time, Annual Passes may be unavailable for purchase."

So they can "sell out" too.

But, they did add in this "generous" benefit (insert sarcastic eye-roll here)...
"We’re also introducing a new look for the Annual Passholder program to honor our past while looking forward to the future. Using a piece of the original Walt Disney World Resort logo as a foundation for bright colors and energetic design, the program’s new look puts Passholders right in the middle of the magic."
THANK GOODNESS! What ever would we do without a great LOGO???

So the fact that park reservations are built into the levels and are being touted as selling points of the higher levels, does this mean park reservations are here to stay permanently? I assumed they’d go away after pandemic protocols are stopped, but perhaps they will now use park reservations to control capacity to ensure reasonable wait times under the Genie+ model.
Execs said early on park reservations were here to stay. IMHO they do that to scare people into buying their tickets early. They used to have FP for that but without it they need a new reason to get people to commit to tickets.

No, they will absolutely not limit park capacity to make Genie+ a better experience. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter