• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DL app vs. MouseAddict?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
I have Mouseaddict on my iphone for Disneyland/ DCA wait times, etc. It seems like an awesome app and easy to see different wait times and toggle b/w the 2 apps. Is the new Disneyland App any different?

I just played around with both apps, and honestly it seems like MouseAddict is a LOT easier to see the wait times!!

I just played around with both apps, and honestly it seems like MouseAddict is a LOT easier to see the wait times!!
The main thing to keep in mind here is that Disneyland is giving you their official wait times, while MouseAddict is updated by the users, so anyone can input times, and some of the times might have been submitted hours ago and have yet to be updated.

On the new app did you go to the alphabetical ride listing or are you trying to look at ride wait times from the map? I thought the alphabetical listing by each park was really easy to look up the wait times. I look forward to having this info readily available for our upcoming trip!

While I was in the park during July 16-20, I compared the times on Mouseaddict, MouseWait, and Ask Otto on most of the rides while I was in the queues. Both Mouseaddict and Mousewait would occasionally be way off on wait times and Ask Otto was within 5 minutes of the actual time I spent in the queues. Supposedly, the Disneyland App is fed by the same time data as Ask Otto. So, it should be about as accurate as you can get. I've only started to play with the Disneyland App today on my iPhone. But it looks like it can be as user friendly as Mouseaddict with the use of the filters.

On my iPhone, I can enlarge the map which makes it very easy to read. I will be trying it in the park on Saturday.

It's called "Disneyland". There's another thread that has the link posted. That was the only way I was able to find it.

The new app also tells you where the characters are, and it is possible to link your tickets/AP to the app as well. It seems very useful to me. I am going to DCA this afternoon so I will see how reliable the wait times are on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter