NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All!!!

I'm rescuing us form page 2!!!!!

Who leaves next for the S/D! I need a fix!!!:D

We head for my brother's tomorrow afternoon and then on to NYC and the Essex House on Thursday AM... I got an email yesterday morning offering an upgrade to a Park View room for $30 so I emailed and told them I was SPG gold and we were very interested in the upgrade. I got a very nice email back and it they were sold out of Park view rooms, but they had our SPG Gold # on our ressie and that we would be entitled to an upgrade upon check in... Hmmm ... Wonder what it will be?!

How open has the Dolphin been to Gold upgrades to Club Level this year? How about Jr. Suite? It has been a while since I have been there...:bounce:

RobMax~I received a comp jr. suite at the Swan in 2003 but I requested it at the Dolphin 2004 and didn't get it. However, we did get a beautiful balcony room with a great Illuminations/Epcot view. I am spg gold.

Originally posted by sarahsmom73
We head for my brother's tomorrow afternoon and then on to NYC and the Essex House on Thursday AM... I got an email yesterday morning offering an upgrade to a Park View room for $30 so I emailed and told them I was SPG gold and we were very interested in the upgrade. I got a very nice email back and it they were sold out of Park view rooms, but they had our SPG Gold # on our ressie and that we would be entitled to an upgrade upon check in... Hmmm ... Wonder what it will be?!

Hmmm.....how interesting.
DH & I are staying at the Sheraton Boston this weekend and we got an e-mail this morning offering an upgrade to Club level for $30/night. I also sent an e-mail and was also told they were sold out of Club level for our stay! I didn't get any mention of my SPG status or an upgrade. I'm must curious why we each got similar offers...yet neither was available when we accepted them.

WE'RE AT DISNEYLAND!!~We will arrive home on Friday morning! The weather is PERRRFECT, and tonight, it will once again SNOW on MAIN STREET! :hyper: :teeth: :p

The HAUNTED MANSION is incredible...and everything else is PURE "WALT" around here. ;) I can actually FEEL him at times, standing right beside me as I view the castle late at night. In fact, as I stood ALL ALONE at the end of the "hub" in front of his firehouse, I was looking up the street at the castle, and listening to the amazing story as it wafted softly over the crowd. It always gives me chills...as we all await the MIRACLE of the SNOW only DISNEY CAN CREATE!

DH & DD had gone to the bathrooms...and I was awaiting their return, when I felt something/someone "touch" my left shoulder. I turned at the same time I spoke and said, "Isn't this just the most INCREDIBLE thing in the world?" NO ONE...was there. And, I mean NO ONE!! The entire area was vacant...not a "guest" in site. I had chills....and just stood smiling (I nearly cried). It was as if he "touched" me gently to let me know...he too, still enjoys the MAGIC he created.

He too...stands and smiles in admiration of this wonderful world he began. :D I have only FELT his presence here...in this quaint "hub" area, near the Firestation. This experience, was by far the STRONGEST I have ever experienced. I have never felt it in WDW, but know his SPIRIT is present there too.

Yet, his very ESSENCE can be easily distinguished in this little park in Anaheim. For those of you who have never been here...I strongly suggest you VISIT! You too...can experience the MAGIC only WALT could imagine. Once here, you will know firsthand, the FEELING I described above. WALT LIVES ON...in the childlike hearts of us all.

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

P.S. I spoke with my DM yesterday. She's a RABID, FOAMING SOX fan. She told me a joke, and then laughed alone at the punchline! I thought some of you may enjoy it as well. "What do you call 26 guys watching the world series on TV? THE NEW YORK YANKEES!" Bah Humbug!! LOL. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dreamflight99
WE'RE AT DISNEYLAND!!~We will arrive home on Friday morning! The weather is PERRRFECT, and tonight, it will once again SNOW on MAIN STREET! :hyper: :teeth: :p

The HAUNTED MANSION is incredible...and everything else is PURE "WALT" around here. ;) I can actually FEEL him at times, standing right beside me as I view the castle late at night. In fact, as I stood ALL ALONE at the end of the "hub" in front of his firehouse, I was looking up the street at the castle, and listening to the amazing story as it wafted softly over the crowd. It always gives me chills...as we all await the MIRACLE of the SNOW only DISNEY CAN CREATE!

DH & DD had gone to the bathrooms...and I was awaiting their return, when I felt something/someone "touch" my left shoulder. I turned at the same time I spoke and said, "Isn't this just the most INCREDIBLE thing in the world?" NO ONE...was there. And, I mean NO ONE!! The entire area was vacant...not a "guest" in site. I had chills....and just stood smiling (I nearly cried). It was as if he "touched" me gently to let me know...he too, still enjoys the MAGIC he created.

He too...stands and smiles in admiration of this wonderful world he began. :D I have only FELT his presence here...in this quaint "hub" area, near the Firestation. This experience, was by far the STRONGEST I have ever experienced. I have never felt it in WDW, but know his SPIRIT is present there too.

...you gave ME goosebumps, too! :sad1:

P.S. I spoke with my DM yesterday. She's a RABID, FOAMING SOX fan. She told me a joke, and then laughed alone at the punchline! I thought some of you may enjoy it as well. "What do you call 26 guys watching the world series on TV? THE NEW YORK YANKEES!" Bah Humbug!! LOL. :rolleyes: [/B]

....NOT funny!

PS ~ Hey, Caroline, yes, we definitely MUST have a 'super-MINI' DIS meet while at "the World"!!::yes:: :wave2:

And the evening SNOWY magic! I'll try and take a few pics for you all to enjoy! ^_^

So GLAD you did not find the joke funny KIMMAR...either did I!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :(

Hope everyone is having a fun week!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Being the hockey fan that I am... I can laugh at the joke! :) So glad you're having a wonderful time! Your descriptions of Disneyland just sent shivers up my spine - not scary, but happy!

Big wave to everyone!
Debbie

Sorry, DF and hughjackman'n'me, I find DF's DM joke quite hilarious!!! :p We Sox fans must savor this for it could be another 86 years before this happens again...and I know the Yanks will rebound.

My first experience with a Disney theme park was DL. For me, it was truly a dream come true. As a little girl who watched the MM Club and the Wonderful World of Disney in the mid-late 1950s, a trip to DL in California was just that...a dream and a wish. My family could never afford to travel to California in those days. So, as a young adult in the 1976, I traveled with my 2 best friends to California for a three week tour of the state starting out in San Fran and traveling southward. One of our last stays was in Anaheim to bring the dream to life -- a trip to Disneyland! My first step into that park, the sight of Sleeping Beauty castle, Main Street USA and the wonderful sounds wafting around me brought tears to my eyes. I will never forget the feeling. A dream I never thought would come true --- DID! :hyper: Today, it is still too far to travel to DL when WDW is much closer. However, the sentimental and emotional aspect of Disneyland and all it represented to me will stay with me forever. ::MickeyMo :cloud9: :wizard:

Mouseteacher...Your post made me cry.... :( :hug: as I pictured you seeing it for the first time. I too...watched the MM club show, and even had the entire KIT (wearing it as the show would air each afternoon)! So, when we lived in San Diego...we visited regularly! The very first time I saw the park, I was stunned at the larger~than~life colorful attractions, including the most magnificent castle I had EVER seen! ::yes:: From that "second" forward, I was HOOKED! I have never been able to shake that feeling (not that I would WANT to!), and still get chills everytime I pass through the gates. ;)

I also KNEW you would appreciate the joke! I can not even TELL you the other things she wrote in her letter!! ALL enough to make me GAG. But...as you wrote, she needs to RIDE this one for all it's worth (as BOSTON has a history of looong DRY SPELLS). It's all good...after all, even a BLIND Squirrel finds an ACORN!! :rotfl: If her letters are not bad enough, I have to see the articles and cover of the current issue of BOSTON MAGAZINE (monthly subscription also compliments of DM!). :rolleyes: :teeth:

*Change of plans...we are heading home shortly, as DD wants to study for some tests tomorrow...and DH needs to decorate the rest of the yard, etc.! It's also VETERAN'S DAY, and the park is PACKED! So...we are going to RETURN here this SUNDAY, for the entire day (to make up for today)! LOL...as if we have not had ENOUGH! Several attractions are closed, and the CASTLE is being REFURBED as well. :eek: This will give me time to finish decorating the trees, and other stuff (& prevent DD from missing any school!). She had an inservice day yesterday, and a holiday today. She does not want to miss any...as she will be missing quite a few with the London/Paris trip!

I've been VERY GOOD so far, with $PENDING while here! Usually, it's a matter of some type of LOSS of CONTROL...which just comes over me (MAGICALLY!). I brought some PINS to trade with castmembers, etc. (from WDW and CASTAWAY CAY!), and aside from some coffee stuff...cotton candy, and FEW extra pins, and some DEPT. 56 items in the Christmas shop...I've been good! I did buy some C. Radko ornaments, and a boxed set of limited edition FELT ornaments (absolutely adorable), but refrained from my usual "spending" habits!! This gives me all the more $$$ to spend in LONDON/PARIS!! Simple justification and reasoning!! :rotfl: I just kept telling DD..."Louis Vuitton, Guerlain...Stila and D&B...Harrods...etc." and she would look at me and SMILE, gently shaking her head to the side as if I were NUTS! :rolleyes:
TEENAGERS!!! Just wait 'till she gets to London, and reflects a desire for some "trinket" (It will all make perfect sense THEN!!).

#1hockeymom~:wave2: Hope everything is going well with Nat, and the rest of the clan! You are often in my thoughts, and I can still picture you laughing and clowning as we RAN AMUCK at the Grand Floridian this past July! :hug: Enjoy the week...

TTFN...DF99 :wave:

:grouphug: to everyone else! I have you all in my thoughts & prayers...and always ask God to watch over each and every one of you with special care. ::yes:: XOXOXO....

DF~ Which issue of Boston magazine...the one with Manny Ramirez' wife on the cover which is the most recent one? I do enjoy my subscription, also. The article on the woman who served in Iraq was extremely poignant and sad beyond words.

SHOPPING??? Wait til your DD gets a load of Harrod's! I thought it was the WDW for serious shoppers. It would take days to explore this store and DH kept hurrying me. :(

Re: DL - we were there for the bicentennial celebration of our country. The patriotism was palpable during this time - I have read numerous biographies about Walt and knew how he felt about our country and he would have been so proud that his park paid such a great tribute to the USA and its milestone birthday.

Disbug, still missing you! I hope all is well.

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
DF~ Which issue of Boston magazine...the one with Manny Ramirez' wife on the cover which is the most recent one? I do enjoy my subscription, also. The article on the woman who served in Iraq was extremely poignant and sad beyond words.

SHOPPING??? Wait til your DD gets a load of Harrod's! I thought it was the WDW for serious shoppers. It would take days to explore this store and DH kept hurrying me. :(

Re: DL - we were there for the bicentennial celebration of our country. The patriotism was palpable during this time - I have read numerous biographies about Walt and knew how he felt about our country and he would have been so proud that his park paid such a great tribute to the USA and its milestone birthday.

"GET OUT OF TOWN!!!" You have no idea how many times I have read an issue (I receive them regularly...DM GIFTS me with a subscription each year!), and wondered if YOU have read it as well! It's a wonderful magazine, and highlights the BEST of BOSTON!!

*Yes...the current issue has Manny's wife and baby on the cover. The baby looks JUST like Manny!! (Cute as a button). :teeth: I'll have to read the article you mentioned, sounds fascinating. I scanned it last eve, as I drooled over all the pictures!! :smooth: It's a winning publication.

My DH would probably do the same (hurry us in Harrod's). Are ALL men devoid of this all-important SHOPPING/BROWSING gene?!? :rotfl: Well...probably most, aside from the metrosexual/manscaping types. :rolleyes: DD and I will make like AUNT JEMIMA...and TAKE OUR OWN SWEET TIME! :p

You are SO RIGHT about WALT and his feelings of Patriotism. :hug: He LOVED this COUNTRY...and the FREEDOM for which it stands!!

*I visited the community board a while ago, and saw an interesting thread on which I just HAD to post!! Take a look, and submit your own opinions if you wish. It's a subject very dear to me...(as my post probably reflects). It's interesting to read other posts, and the supporting opinions revealed. Hope this works....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=6892618#post6892618

TTFN...Hope everyone is enjoying VETERAN'S DAY, and remembering all who have sacrificed for our country. ;)

DF99 :wave2:

Friday...BUMP!! :bounce:

NEWS FLASH...."GUILTY, MURDER in the FIRST DEGREE." Finally...it's over.

Mouseteacher~I read the article on the young girl in Iraq...(Joey), and found it disturbingly RAW. :( Poor kid, she signed with the intent to make a difference and DO SOMETHING. The things she did, and witnessed while over there..will forever impact her life. It was very disparaging, and disheartening to turn the pages.

*I see the LION KING is back in your town for a limited engagement. We had such a GREAT TIME at this production. The music, and the pagentry was astounding! If you have not seen this...I strongly recommend picking up some tickets.

TTFN...TGIF!! DF99 :wave2:

P.S. WHERE IS EVERYONE???? :confused:

:wave2: I'm here, DF!

I'm glad your opinion on the article was like mine. I have not seen the Lion King but hope to work something out since the engagement has beem extended.

It's SNOWING here! I'm really not a winter/snow person -- give me summer anytime. Seeing snow this early is a little unusual and for me ------ depressing. LOL ;) I only like to see snow at Christmas. :teeth:

Happy Friday evening! ::yes::

:moped: going over to the thread on spanking, DF, to check it out. Btw, DH and I did not believe in spanking - it was something for our family that was never on the table. Other measures of discipline were used for our DSs; e.g. - time out on the stairs where there was nothing to do but watch the wallpaper (and I could "see" him) or the loss/denial of something they liked (TV show, video game, computer time). This worked for our family.

Sorry guys--this is way over posting guidelines for the number of pages on a thread. Also, please remember to keep it on topic.

Sue Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter