NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Gosh, Robin - that's so awful! :(

My SIL has MS (secondary progressive) and is allergic to the ABC drugs, so is advancing rapidly. I understand all too well.

They, and you, will be in our prayers. We'll light a candle for them at Mass on Sunday.

If I didn't know any better... I'd think you were off somewhere right now, "feeding the horse of a different color" and polishing the
yellow brick rode" after eating some magic POPPIES! :rotfl:

(Either that...or you and my mother have been chatting, and DREAMING!!) LOL!! I told you a loooong time ago. I BLEED YANKEE BLUE. Nufsaid! :cool:

Gail~Glad to be of help! I give the SOX their DUE, and concede...they played some amazing ball. ::yes:: I may buy the stocking for my mom (a little novelty fun), and an official jersey as well. They truly have some nice items. I just wish they were of a different design...(There's always NEXT time!). :teeth: ENJOY!!!

RobMax~You are a RIOT!!! :p :hyper: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Thanks for the Guffaw!!

Well...no hanging CHADS this time. :rolleyes: Looks like things are going to be a bit more concise and clear. Hope everyone made it to the polls. Irregardless of your political party affiliation...we are all ONE under the DIS!! ::yes:: :grouphug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Robin~ You have my prayers. My mom died at 57 from advanced colon cancer. I know from where you are coming. It isn't easy no matter the age of our parent. :hug:

05Christmas Surprise~ you have my prayers, too. My DH was a victim of reduction in force 6 months ago. He was just recalled the week he had his heart attack and subsequent by-pass surgery. So, I am a kindred spirit. Pixie dust coming your way, too.

Robin is so right about our close knit community even though many of us have never met. We are truly "friends" and I am honored to know each of you. We support each other in happy times and in troubled times.

Thank you :grouphug:

On another note, we got our AP vouchers in the mail yesterday. Funky looking green things with the price noted on the back :( (They're a gift, so I'm bummed about that).
But, it's all fair and good - and maybe they won't notice ;)

Love you all!

P.S. Hey - that is my 100th post!

Sending big hugs to Robin and her family. I will be praying for your father. Stay strong!

Muffy

Big hugs to Robin and her loving family. So much to go through! Please know we are there with you in spirit!

Debbie

I was writing as these were being posted. I'm so sorry.

Robin... My heart is with you. I do not have enough words to offer, to comfort you as I wish. :hug: I find myself looking upward and asking "why?", when I know I should not be doing such a thing...I should show more faith. I can not help it. I'm sure many of you have done the same. :o My heart is filled with unanswered questions, but my tongue refuses to utter the words. But here...in the silence of this forum/medium, I will write them. "64 is much too young. A wife still needs him. A family still needs him. Please, God. Show this wonderful friend and her family your gracious healing nature. The miracles which you alone, are able to make happen. Bless them with your presence, and gift them with your almighty power. I ask this of you, please, my Lord. Amen." I will keep you and your DF & family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry, I only wish I could do more. :(

05ChristmasSurprise~So sorry to read your post, and the sad news contained in the words. :( The tragedy of your DH's associate is incomprehensible. I can not even fathom having to deal with something of this magnitude, as most of us simply can't. A friend of ours lost their daughter last Friday. She has MS, and was ill with what they thought was a "FLU." Apparently, she was not feeling well. They brought her to her Ped's office, where she was given two injections (antibiotics, etc.). Within moments, she "crashed" and coded. Her DF was the one administering CPR when the medics arrived. She was DOA at the hospital. She was "8" years young. :( Another FAITH-TESTER, indeed. I just can not find the answers to satisfy/justify these events. As a Catholic, I rely heavily upon my faith in times of need/crisis. It has always proved to be a wonderful source of release, and comfort. Yet, more and more, life's turns have me questioning where I should be accepting. :confused: My heart goes out to these families...and their unimaginable losses.

I will keep you in my prayers, and also light a candle for your family and all the others in my intentions. I pray your DH has a secure future, and things are not as grim/dark as they currently seem. Every new day, is another chance to turn it all around. Hopefully...things will start brightening...and taking a more positive turn in the near future. :hug:

*You can always use some nice "white-out" on the price, (Carefully obscuring it) as it has no bearing on the validity of the pass. I too...frown on this method of print, and even questioned WHY it's reflected on the ticket, if it's ALSO in the system? No one was able to offer a definitive answer. :rolleyes:

Mouseteacher~:hug: I often think of your DM, and the young age at which she passed (we have discussed such in the past). We are blessed to have one another on this thread, and the support and treasured friendship we have all nurtured. ::yes:: You are a constant source of inspiration, and hope. You always have a kind word, and an optimistic outlook.

Everyone on here has always taken the time to offer insight and HOPE to one another, irregardless of the circumstance. We are much more than mere contributors to an online forum. We are a true "band of sisters" (and brothers), drawn together by circumstance and mere chance, and held together by conviction and love. :grouphug:

While I have the chance, and hopefully have God's ear....I wish to pray for a united America. One in which we all work together, for the sake of one another's future. To provide a better world for our children, and the planet. Peace.

Robin - i am so sorry to hear of the difficult time you and your family are going through. God must have given you great strength because he tends to burden those who are the support system for others the most. We will keep him in our prayers - I truly know they are answered in one way or another. God bless you all.

Lisa- what a terrible tragedy your friend went through last week. The death of a child is overwhelming as we often feel that oarents should go before their children - 8 yrs young is just the beginning of a beautiful life...

Mouseteacher - I am thrilled that your husband is doing so much better.

I am so blessed to have my 93 yr young mother with us - she is the most special person, a true celebration of life! Being the oldest, and her name-sake, God has truly given me the inspiration to mold my life after - her spirit, charm, kind heart and love of life has truly been passed on to me and my sisters and brother, and on to all our children. I cannot imagine my life without her. And so, just days before her 93 rd birthday, I am thankful to share her spirit with others. :hug:
May you all experience some of the great joy and love that I have been so fortunate to have!!! Caroline

Thanks for all of your kind words of support and prayers. My father will meet his Oncologist for the first time tomorrow. My father has been told he has colon cancer, but he and my mom have no idea how severe it is. From what we have been told he is a stage IV, it does not get any worse than that.... The doctors decided it was hard enough on him physically to tell him about the cancer yesterday(being he was still in ICU)..and will tell him how bad it is tomorrow....I am dreading learning all the statistics and survival rate about his cancer ... My Mom has MS and has been confined to a wheelchair for the past 4 years. Somehow...someway we will get through this... Thanks again for being there for me to lean on...

I wished I could be on topic... but I cannot even think straight tonight.. When I think I have cried every tear I have left...then some more will come...:sad1:

My prayers to those whom have lost their sweet little angels..so devastating.

I am looking at my countdown counter and it suddenly seems a million days away. I always look at the counter hoping to see the time passing away...but today I look at it and wished somehow I could stop the clock and keep things just the way the are today...Give your loved ones an extra hug today... :hug:

Sending prayers to Robin and 05Christmassurprise and Lisa during this difficult time for their families and friends. :grouphug:

Everyone on here has always taken the time to offer insight and HOPE to one another, irregardless of the circumstance. We are much more than mere contributors to an online forum. We are a true "band of sisters" (and brothers), drawn together by circumstance and mere chance, and held together by conviction and love.

As always, Lisa summed things up perfectly.

I am so blessed to have my 93 yr young mother with us - she is the most special person, a true celebration of life! Being the oldest, and her name-sake, God has truly given me the inspiration to mold my life after - her spirit, charm, kind heart and love of life has truly been passed on to me and my sisters and brother, and on to all our children. I cannot imagine my life without her.

I can certainly chime in with Caroline. My mom is now 82 and going strong. She was widowed young but didn't us that as an excuse. She instead went back to school, got a job and led a life to be admired. She's now passing on her wonderful qualities to my kids and I too am so greatful to have her.

Robin and Christmas05, may prayers are out to you both. When I am in NYC next week I will light a candle for each of you at St Patrick's... Somehow my prayers seem to take on more meaning while I am there. I wish there was soemthing I could do for you ladies. Please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

MOM POPPINS... I sent you a p.m.

As I told Mom Poppings, I am sending out internet hugs to those of you going thru such tough times. I am a believer in the power transferred in hugs.

Dreamflight you are so eloquent. Tears were flowing down my cheeks while reading your last post. Thank you for your prayers to others and your beautiful words.

I am hopelessly addicted to this thread. I am blown away by the nurturing that flows between friends, some of which have never met each other in person. AREN'T WE ALL IN AWE... ISN'T THIS AMAZING?

joyincr

You are all in my prayers this morning, as I begin the day." Each moment before us is a mystery, each one past...a "gift." TREASURE each and every moment with your loved ones. Count the blessings of the "half-full" glass. Look for the silver lining, and the glorious rainbow over the edge of darkness. Hold~out for HOPE, and MIRACLES...as they happen each and every day. :grouphug: Find comfort...in the smallest of things. Collect your thoughts and emotions, and try to calm your soul. In the midst of a whirlwind, you need to keep your "self" & clarity about you. Take a bath, light a candle...and gather your spirit. The focus and energy will lift all the others around you, and provide amazing resolution and strength to those most in need. Take care of yourself...so you may better care for others. ;) You are all in my thoughts.

Robin~I'm so sorry for all this pain, and the tears which continue to fall. You have faced such adversity and trauma in the past, and overcome the odds. Baby Kirk, is a testament to your strength and perseverence. I have faith in your ability to handle anything which comes your way. God will give you the guidance necessary, and the light to lead your family out of this darkness. I pray for this, and hold you in my intentions. I too...wish I could stop/slow time. It passes more and more rapidly with each day, and at times leaves me feeling overwhelmed, exhausted and powerless. Yet, most of these are mere physical afflictions. My tireless spirit refuses to relinquish one drop of HOPE. Therefore, I too...remain hopelessly optimistic (oxymoron...if ever there was!) for the future. I hope I offer a small bit of comfort for you in these posts. You are deserving of so much more. Take care, and know you are always in my thoughts.

lovingthemouse~Oh, Caroline...thank you for sharing, and for your sentiments with regards to our friend's recent loss. What a lovely and precious LOVE you have in your mom. I can only hope mine lives as long, and continues to enjoy life as she does. She too...has an inimitable spirit. She lives each moment as if it were her last. She reaps joy from the most simple of moments, and knows how to laugh. She has taught me SO many lessons...all of which I, inturn, have passed onto my DD. We live in a wonderful time. We are all blessed with riches beyond mere fortune. Just having one another here...on this forum, is PRICELESS. Give your DM a Birthday hug for me, and wish her MANY, MANY more to come! ::yes::

Gail~Thank you so very much, for the kind words. :o I'm so glad you agree..as you are one of the main "anchors" of our humble thread. :D Thank you, again.

sarahsmom73~St. Patrick's is a glorious church! I too...believe God's ear is nearer in such a place of worship. :cloud9: I would LOVE to visit the Vatican while in Europe. DD intends to visit some Cathedrals while in France (mainly Notre Dame). I too...shall light a candle for all in need.

All these events have me personally assessing the things I find distressing in my own life. In contrast, mine are effectively put in proper context, as they pale in comparison. My heart is with you all.

Originally posted by dreamflight99
You are all in my prayers this morning, as I begin the day." Each moment before us is a mystery, each one past...a "gift." TREASURE each and every moment with your loved ones. Count the blessings of the "half-full" glass. Look for the silver lining, and the glorious rainbow over the edge of darkness. Hold~out for HOPE, and MIRACLES...as they happen each and every day. :grouphug:

Yes, indeed, we must see life as precious and not take it for granted. Yesterday, we received word at school that a highly respected and long-time member of the parish had passed away. His wake was last night. On the way to school this morning, I heard on the radio that a woman was hit by a car and killed while attending a wake in our school's community. Sure enough, we found out that the person who was killed was the wife of another well-respected and long-time parishioner. This is a close-knit school and parish community. We are all in shock over her death. It is events such as these that make you realize that life is fragile. We must live each day to the fullest and live it well. It is important to try to keep life's annoyances in perspective. I try each day to do this and pray daily for courage and strength and thank God for all the blessings in my life --- particularly for my DH and the gift of life we received through his by-pass surgery. I prayed for his doctors and nurses who cared so well for him.

:sunny: Mouseteacher

Many hugs and prayers to all.....such heart wrenching situations, please remain strong everyone.:grouphug:

Pam

I am also thinking of all of you. Best wishes

:grouphug:

Joanne
:earsgirl:

We returned from the S/D 2 days ago and I want to extend a big thank you to everyone here. :wave2:

It was because of the posts on this thread/board that I learned to join spg and get a amex card to accumulate points. We used the points to upgrade to CL which was a terrific experience :D

It was also because of your posts that helped us decide to stay at the swan (vs another disney hotel). The S/D complex was so nice and I loved the boat transportation system!

Our stay was not without problems and I posted a long separate S/D trip report. I'd post a link but I don't know how for sure. Let me see if this works:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=676191

I would definitely stay at the swan again! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter