NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon, we were posting at the same time. I am glad you had a wonderful trip and stay at the Dolphin. I have such fond memories of DH and I visiting Nottingham in 1994. What a beautiful place. I love the Robin Hood legend so I was particularly thrilled to visit and to go to Sherwood Forest, too. :D

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
Simon, we were posting at the same time. I am glad you had a wonderful trip and stay at the Dolphin. I have such fond memories of DH and I visiting Nottingham in 1994. What a beautiful place. I love the Robin Hood legend so I was particularly thrilled to visit and to go to Sherwood Forest, too. :D

Mouseteacher, thanks for your nice comments.

Nottingham doesn't see as beautiful now - it is depressing thinking what we were doing a few days ago.

I was able to book a wonderful deal for the week before Christmas that includes the Dolphin (Works out to about $120/night for the hotel).

How far ahead of time can I call with my SPG number? This is our first time staying at the Dolphin. We have usually stayed at Moderates.

Will I still get my SPG points even though I booked through a package?

Is there one area of the hotel that is better than another? I think someone had said that the room remodeling was all finished, so I don't think I need to request a "finished" room.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Originally posted by dreamflight99

Epcotgal8~~Hello!! :wave: So sorry to hear about your arm, and hope you are fully recouperated. No...not every SPG member receives such a treat! When Sheraton was owned by the Sheraton Corp (not Starwood), they used to insure similar treats were placed in the room for Gold/Plat. members, but this ceased under Starwood's rule. Yet, a few return guests reported such magical surprises were still happening! I received a similar gift, and knew EXACTLY whom was responsible. After some investigation...I finally discovered the culprit! (LOL).

Therefore, I know EXACTLY who was responsible for the "SWEET DREAMS" surprise in your room. It is undoubtedly "JAMES" the front desk supervisor ANGEL of the Dolphin! He has been there approx 13 years, and is simply the BEST~! So, if you wish to express your gratitude for this wonderful expression/surprise, be sure to contact him. He is notorious for such acts, and is actually one of the only persons at the Dolphin capable of making such a surprise possible. Everyone loves and admires him, from management to maintenance. He's a very SPECIAL man. ;)

DF99 :wave2:

THANK YOU DF99! It was a truly wonderful surprise. And you should have seen the size of the chocolate covered strawberries! Scrumptious!

Originally posted by Epcotgal8
THANK YOU DF99! It was a truly wonderful surprise. And you should have seen the size of the chocolate covered strawberries! Scrumptious!

You're welcome!! I KNOW firsthand...how delicious they truly are!! MMmmm~ I enjoy them each visit, as they are truly one of my FAVORITE SUMMERTIME treats!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOUSETEACHER!!!!
birthday30.gif
birthd_002sm2.gif
blucandle.gif
feest07.gif
10cake.gif
wrbday23.gif

Hope you had a wonderful day...and enjoyed the celebration dinner with your DH!! ::yes:: I am sending you my own PD for a special WISH!!

SimonB~What a lovely post! ;) So happy to read you enjoyed your visit to WDW & the spectacular Dolphin! The comments with regards to friendly americans, truly warmed my heart! I am visiting England (London & other areas) at the end of this month. My DD and I are "scouting" prospective schools for her (Universities), and Nottingham was on her list! Please, feel free to PM me with any info you may be able to offer with regards to this school. Thank you!! :D

**LOL...Sorry about the animated Halloween clippies! I can see them on my page, (Well most of them, as I just scanned down and noticed SOME are the angelfire logo!). I won't be using them again!!!

:wave: A BIG WAVE to everyone else on this wonderful MONDAY...the FIRST DAY of NOVEMBER! PLEASE...REMEMBER to "VOTE" Tomorrow!!! :teeth:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

**LOL...Sorry about the animated Halloween clippies! I can see them on my page, (Well most of them, as I just scanned down and noticed SOME are the angelfire logo!). I won't be using them again!!!

What is the angel fire logo? I can see ALL the Halloween clippies! And I loved them!

Happy Belated Birthday, Mouseteacher!:cake:

I was about to ask the same question, ozzie. I pilfered one of DF's clippie to add to my Halloween post. Is angelfire a bad thing? :(

I just wanted to say that I love these resorts!!! I have stayed at both numerous times and everytime has been magical. This last visit was my honeymoon and DH and I stayed at the Swan. The concierge sent up complimentary bride/groom ears and they pampered us the entire stay. Ahh, the life.... and now back to reality!! :crazy:

dreamflight99, Nottingham University is an excellent University and is well respected in the UK. I personally love Nottingham, it is a vibrant and thriving city. If you want I can pm you with a list of areas for your daughter to avoid lodging in as like all places it has its good and bad.

I am missing WDW and the Dolphin. Our 9 year old son was in tears on Saturday night - he is missing it that much!!!

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
I was about to ask the same question, ozzie. I pilfered one of DF's clippie to add to my Halloween post. Is angelfire a bad thing? :(
I thought that PUMPKIN looked familiar!! :teeth: No, angelfire is not a bad thing...just host site for animated clippies, which apparently not all of the DISers are able to see!! :crazy:

**Hope you enjoyed the Birthday Clippies...and had a wonderful and restful MONDAY (After a wild Halloween weekend, and the kids pumped full of sugar!! I'll bet some even ate a few pieces this am!):rolleyes: :p

SimonBI would LOVE to have your list/recommendations if it's not too much trouble. Thank you for offering. We will be sure to add Nottingham to our list (Cambridge, Oxford, Westminster, LU and a few others...which I can never recall!). Thanks again, for the info and reinforcing words. I am trying to "tighten" the plans and get the details in line. I still have a few more things to reserve, and then we'll be all SET! ::yes:: I'm OPEN to any suggestions you may have! Thank you.

PratersloveDW~Boy...sounds as if you received the ROYAL TREATMENT on your most recent stay! Congrats on your recent nuptials!
How exciting. :cloud9: I'll bet you are already "planning" another return to WDW and these wonderful resorts! And...it's time for me to return to REALITY as well...:(

This board offers such a nice escape from the trappings of the daily GRIND, and this thread is purely FOOD for the SOUL!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

evening folks - have not read any recent days posts. I am sitting overlooking the center atrium at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine TX. This place is really a shack!!! Outstanding decor and architechture. Absolutely gorgeous. Meetings here until Friday. We are going out with other attendees to try to scrounge up some supper fare this evening. I think it will cost us less to take the town car to the local restaurants and eat than to dine onsite here!!! (With the exception of the sandwich shop and I had supper there last nite). However, we made a quick trip to the ice cream shop so we are good for a few hours!!!

Happy Election Day Everyone!

Hope you all get out to vote! (we are even holding an election at school and the kids are really excited!!

disneyeveryyear ~ I can't wait to hear about your Christmas trip!

Is anyone going to our favorite S/D anytime soon! I need a fix!:teeth:

Big wave to everyone! Get out and <font size=+4 color=red>VOTE!</font>

We're all set up for our mock election, and the real election seems to have high voter turnout here at the school where I work. I've seen less than 20 people vote here at an election, so this is a great sign that people are taking their right to vote seriously.::yes::

Have a good day sorority sisters and honorary brothers!
Debbie

If I were a RED SOX fan, I'd be ordering this jacket on QVC~! #A-75446 @ $165 W/leather, etc! Very clean and sharp looking, perfect for Christmas. If you missed this show (With players present!), you missed a LOT!! Go to www.qvc.com and type RED SOX in the search. I'm sure it will pull up a LOT of stuff. Here's the jacket....
a57446.002
a57446.001

Item Number A57446
Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Leather & WoolJacket
QVC Price $165.00
Shipping and Handling $7.72
Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H. Click here for details.
Advance orders ship 12/7/04.
Celebrate the Boston Red Sox's 2004 World Series victory with this leather and wool jacket by GIII. The 2004 World Series logo is embroidered on the left chest. The back features a round, embroidered Boston Red Sox logo applique.
Black. M, L, XL, XXL.
M length 28", chest 52". XL length 29", chest 58".
Body 70% wool/30% nylon. Sleeves 100% leather. Lining/fill 100% polyester. Knit 100% acrylic. Dry clean professionally by leather/wool method.

I know how many of you are FANS!!! They even have Christmas stockings! LOL...
c23901.001

Have a GREAT EVE!! TTFN...

DF99 :wave2:

Thanks for the link...I was headed to bed but I may do some Christmas shopping!!! :teeth:

Hey DF, what do you mean "if"? Word has it that you are converting just because of the fashion choices.

Originally posted by Loubon
Hey DF, what do you mean "if"?

Lou - are you related to the former president who asked poeple to define another two letter word?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :hyper:

For those who pray, please keep us (and DH's firm) in your prayers.

First, and foremost, one of the attorneys at his office lost his (only) three month old son on Monday afternoon presumably to SIDS while at daycare. :( :sad: :sad1:

I absolutely cannot imagine facing this week, enduring what they are going through...Joe (the Daddy) said he had to pick out Aidan's casket yesterday. <sigh> It just tears me up inside and I cannot comprehend the injustice and total devastation this family is facing.

Secondly, on a more personal note, due to the major upset for the democrats on the whole yesterday (not just the presidential election, but local politics as well), DH's firm is in major jeopardy. The asbestos litigation bills have been brought to the table repeatedly and struck down. However, with Republicans in control, it will not likely happen again. The schedule is slated for 8 months from now, and the firm will only last 3 months beyond that on what they have saved. Three hundred people will potentially be out of a job, my husband included. Needless to say, we are scared - having just purchased our first home this July - having four small children to provide for. There are so many people who rely on the firm for support. Please pray that when the legislation comes about again, those in power look favorably upon the devastating injuries caused by major corporations. And, please pray that the other areas of litigation remain consistent enough to keep the firm afloat.

Thank you.

I came here this morning because we have always been close even though some of us have never met :)
I am feeling terribly sad this morning... My father has been in ICU since Saturday, what we thought was his appendix ended up to be a bursted colon...and if that in itself was not bad enough...yesterday they diangosed him with advanced colon cancer.... My dad is only 64... and although its not young.. the older I get its seems so... Please pray for our family... My Mom has MS and she depends on him so much... I don't know how we are going to handle everything... I know God does not give us more than we can handle....so pelase pray he will show us the way... God Bless,Robin "Mom Poppins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter