New DVC and runDisney offer

Hmmm that's an interesting way to try and sell the fixed week option. It does guarantee entry for up to five people in the race, but I already own points at multiple other resorts. And with all the changes rD is making lately, no way I would add-on a fixed week for the term of DVC!

One thought... it does say it applies to marathon weekend, Princess, Dark Side and Wine & Dine, so I wonder if that's somewhat of a guarantee of those races being around for a certain amount of time? DVC is a decades-long commitment. Seems like they could be inviting trouble by using some races that will likely be much shorter lived to sell contracts.

ETA: I do notice it has the usual disclaimers at the bottom, saying this perk could go away at any time.

Very interesting and somewhat intriguing, although a week is longer than we typically go for a race. It might be good for F&W though. Anyone know whether they let you pick your week day? (i.e. Tuesday to Tuesday?) I've been thinking about a DVC purchase on the east coast (we own at VGC) with the races being canceled on the west coast for at least the next few years. I'm going through my points fast with all these races. Suspect CC is too rich for my blood but maybe WL. Thanks for posting. I'll look into it a little more...

At least fixed weeks probably aren't. They tried them out at GF in anticipation of lots of foreign buyers, and it worked there, but CC obviously doesn't have the same cache.

Hmmm that's an interesting way to try and sell the fixed week option. It does guarantee entry for up to five people in the race, but I already own points at multiple other resorts. And with all the changes rD is making lately, no way I would add-on a fixed week for the term of DVC!

One thought... it does say it applies to marathon weekend, Princess, Dark Side and Wine & Dine, so I wonder if that's somewhat of a guarantee of those races being around for a certain amount of time? DVC is a decades-long commitment. Seems like they could be inviting trouble by using some races that will likely be much shorter lived to sell contracts.

ETA: I do notice it has the usual disclaimers at the bottom, saying this perk could go away at any time.

Agree, it was enough of a commitment just to buy DVC - to buy this you are saying you anticipate building your vacation around rD for the next 50 years? Strange, even as a die-hard runner and DVC fan, wouldn't even think of taking advantage of this.

Agree, it was enough of a commitment just to buy DVC - to buy this you are saying you anticipate building your vacation around rD for the next 50 years? Strange, even as a die-hard runner and DVC fan, wouldn't even think of taking advantage of this.
I thought about it until I priced it out, LOL. We are DVC owners in California, and it would be nice to have an ownership at a WDW property for races, but I don't want to pay that kind of a premium. If we buy it will probably be resale at Animal Kingdom (which is where we usually stay and I haven't had an issue getting a reservation at 7 months) or at Grand Floridian.

I guess I don't understand the appeal of this? So you basically get priority for that race weekend (fine print says you can use your points at other times if you don't want to use it for the race that year)? Personally I have always been able to get accommodations at a resort I wanted as long as I booked early enough.

I feel like the guaranteed bibs aren't as big of a perk as they would have been a couple of years ago (unless the WDW races start to sell out due to the California races going away). Isn't Princess the only weekend that really sells out quickly anymore?

Agree with most here...we've never had an issue getting our home resort at 11-months for Marathon Weekend so not seeing the point here of locking into a specific week. Isn't the point of a points system that you AREN'T locked into a specific week? At least that's how DVC spins it...

Just buy where you want to be and book at 11 months...problem solved.

I’m not even sure it guarantees bibs.

“Owner also receives advance opportunity to purchase up to 5 race registrations each year”...

An opportunity to buy up to a certain number isn’t a guarantee.

I wonder if it has to be for an entire week...As a teacher I can usually only take off for a day (max) in order to run the race over the weekend and then come home.

Yeah - I have enough dvc points - I’m fine with keeping what I have even with doing all 4 race weekends this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter