New DVC Annual Pass Discount Being Offered?

DisneyokwSSR

Mouseketeer
We were at Disney World last week and a DVC representative mentioned Disney may be offering another DVC annual pass discount. I know there can be a lot of inaccurate "rumors" out there, and have not been able to find anything online to back this up. I wish I had asked a few more questions. Has anyone heard about a potential new annual pass discount for DVC members? Our passes from last year's discount are running out and I don't want to renew if there may be another discount opportunity on the horizon. Thanks!

Would not be surprised that they are getting word on what the 2019 pass offerings would look like. That would be cool....my family does not have a annual pass at the moment. We are planning our next several years worth of trips. We like to plan the trips 50-51 weeks apart so that way the annual pass makes sense. Would be cool to have a different or better discount.

Following!! We're going in January but want to get the fastpasses 60 days before...so i'm hoping they know what the special will be soon!!

Did they give you any other details about the special??

Also following along to see if a ticket deal is announced. :)

I've arranged to go three times next year, just so I can get an AP. I sure hope there is a deal! Following!

With Star Wars land coming out, I wonder if it will be something along the lines of a discount on the gold pass rather than adding extra dates for the same price. I am guessing they want to free up as many spots as possible for people to get into HS next winter break.

Last edited:
Len Testa believes that we will see another ticket price hike by the middle of the month. I wonder if the (presumed) DVC ticket discount will be timed to coincide with that.

Len Testa believes that we will see another ticket price hike by the middle of the month. I wonder if the (presumed) DVC ticket discount will be timed to coincide with that.

Hmmm...this makes it tough to know what to tell my family members to do for an upcoming January trip. They only need 5-day tickets. The 7-day tickets are of no use to them. :(

With Star Wars land coming out, I wonder if it will be something along the lines of a discount on the gold pass rather than adding extra dates for the same price. I am guessing they want to free up as many spots as possible for people to get into HS next winter break.

Although I do not plan on 10+ days at the parks within the next year, I might renew my Platinum AP solely for the possibility of getting in on an AP preview of Galaxy’s Edge at HS, and not being subject to any blackout dates when the new land opens to the public.

We were at Disney World last week and a DVC representative mentioned Disney may be offering another DVC annual pass discount. I know there can be a lot of inaccurate "rumors" out there, and have not been able to find anything online to back this up. I wish I had asked a few more questions. Has anyone heard about a potential new annual pass discount for DVC members? Our passes from last year's discount are running out and I don't want to renew if there may be another discount opportunity on the horizon. Thanks!

Nope, just renewed mid aug but down graded to gold

Worst case if another special deal rolls out and activation date will work for my next renewal in 8/19,I’ll dig deep and purchase. Hold onto it = $ in bank vs whatever tix increase

Although I do not plan on 10+ days at the parks within the next year, I might renew my Platinum AP solely for the possibility of getting in on an AP preview of Galaxy’s Edge at HS, and not being subject to any blackout dates when the new land opens to the public.
Unless u live local, it might be difficult to get DVC or vacation availability to pan out

Might be missing something here, but Couldn’t u just purchase voucher via MS and link to ur MDE if the stars line up?

Hrrm... this could be intriguing. We'll see if it pans out. I already have my Gold pass from July, but DH, DD, and DS are getting them when we go in November - I have 10 day PH tickets to upgrade for them.

Nope, just renewed mid aug but down graded to gold

Worst case if another special deal rolls out and activation date will work for my next renewal in 8/19,I’ll dig deep and purchase. Hold onto it = $ in bank vs whatever tix increase

Unless u live local, it might be difficult to get DVC or vacation availability to pan out

Might be missing something here, but Couldn’t u just purchase voucher via MS and link to ur MDE if the stars line up?

I am not local, but I am close enough where I could make things happen if a “flash” opportunity popped up.

Can you do a voucher and still get renewal pricing? I did not think that was possible. The difference between renewal and new purchase can be as high as $125, depending on if you’re getting Platinum or Platinum Plus.

Last edited:
If there advance warning of ticket price increases? Are regular APs likely to get an increase? (I thought they just raised them!!)

I've still got to buy tix or an AP for my D's boyfriend for our December trip. The rest of us have APs already and we have 2 trips planned 11 months apart. Leaning toward getting him an AP, too but I just can't decide!!! Argh! (I realize I cannot get him DVC AP pricing - hence the dilemma!)

I am not local, but I am close enough where I could make things happen if a “flash” opportunity popped up.

Can you do a voucher and still get renewal pricing? I did not think that was possible. The difference between renewal and new purchase can be as high as $125, depending on if you’re getting Platinum or Platinum Plus.

You either would need to renew within the stated time period or buy a voucher for ‘new’ APH at current price.

Although you do reset to the current ‘new’ price, IMO the savings depends how far out your next trip is planned after the current APH expires.

Aside from squeezing in at least two trips per ‘year’ on a pass, you need to factor in when the next trip falls after the APH expiration. If it’s more than a few months, then run the numbers

Factor in the number of months you won’t be using the pass for the first time, combined with upcoming price increases (10% probably a safe guess) vs cost of current renewal divided by 12 months.

When we don’t visit multiple times per year, evenly stretched over the year, have come out ahead several times.

Currently, we have APHs to all three major parks in MCO but only because the pricing has worked out for us since we are visiting more often.

If there advance warning of ticket price increases? Are regular APs likely to get an increase? (I thought they just raised them!!)

I've still got to buy tix or an AP for my D's boyfriend for our December trip. The rest of us have APs already and we have 2 trips planned 11 months apart. Leaning toward getting him an AP, too but I just can't decide!!! Argh! (I realize I cannot get him DVC AP pricing - hence the dilemma!)

Keep an eye here & sign up for other newsletters such as mousesavers & Undercover Tourist newsletters. They are good about giving a day or so of advance notice of ticket price increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter