New DVC Benefits: Your Ideas

DVCJman

Hilton Head DVC Owner
In reading the thoughts of many others here recently, I have started wondering what new DVC benefits could be "brainstormed." Also could these ideas be presented in some format by the many of us who read these boards in earnest each day. A voice of many is greater than the voice of one.

We are a strong group of Disney visitors who have put up money to continue to visit WDW. Can we make a list of ideas, can those ideas be presented, and can we make a difference? I am curious.

What ideas as new benefits can you think of and please post here.

I know this idea has been tossed around before but as a member who enjoyed the park passes until 2000 and still realize that those won't come back again, I think DVC members should be offered SIGNIFICANT discounts on an annual pass or some variation of it similar to what Florida residents receive. After all, we do own property, even if it's just a fraction within the state of Florida and the big promotion is "welcome HOME"!

i'd vote for a decent discount on aps as well. the only reason to have the mkc/dc card was for the ap discounts.

Here are a few dreams not based in any reality:

1) Free twilight golf at one of the WDW courses (rotating) each day.

2) Free admission to the parks beginning the earlier of two hours prior to closing or 7:00 pm.

3) A two day advantage on the general public for making priority seatings.

4) DVC members only parties (for a fee is OK, as long as it's reasonable) for Christmas, New Year's Eve, etc.

5) Inter-resort transportation via on demand vans.

6) Free airport transportation

7) One share of Disney stock on the anniversary date of your membership each year.

8) Deep discounts on groceries at WDW.

I'm sure I will think of more ideas. :D

The benefit I would most like to see is the discount on AP's, similiar to FL resident. I usually use my AP for 20 to 25 days, so getting another type of admission doesn't make sense. A flat percentage off all types of passes would make sense, then all members could benefit from it, regardless of their vacation styles. Unfortunately, DVC doesn't seem interested in this, they came up with the stupid 4 of 5 year hopper instead.

The original poster asked if we could make a difference by voicing our opinions. With resorts selling out faster than they can build them, I don't think so. In their minds, why should they? I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.

As posted in another thread... Front Of The Line Passes or some variation of this eg. Instant Fastpass.

I would love to see some kind of discount on park passes, all of the different types so that folks would have the option of choosing what works best for them. This year DH and I are going for a shorter time so we can do cruise for next year, so AP's are not good for us. I'll get park hopper pluses for us so the unused days don't expire. Would like to see the discount better than DC offers.

But lets add a couple more,

1. Complimentary Epcot after 4 tickets or DVC member Park dinner entry to any park so we can utilize the restaurants without having to buy passes.

2. Complimentary Buses to area supermarkets

It's fun to dream, but keep in mind that any benefit which is not a negotiated discount or perk will have to be paid for from member dues (remember the "free lunch" saying). Things like extra transportation, groceries, stock, etc. are all quite doable- but would necessitate a charge from somewhere - unless you can also suggest a company willing to provide these services for free.

Things like a new PS schedule, 2 hour park passes, etc. could possibly be negotiated if Disney perceives a benefit for the company.

Keep 'em coming!

I vote for Doctor P as President and normr as Vice President!

Can we add free transportation from resort to resort?

Keep the ideas coming............

I love those suggestions, Doctor P.

I know that it is a big problem with having to use Hopper Passes, etc, just to eat at one of the EPCOT restaurants.

DH and I had Annual Passes, but when we went with our children and grandchildren, they had 5 day Hopper Passes. ( We were there for 10 days) Several nights we all would have like to eat at the Japanese or French restaurants, etc, but we did not want to "waste" the Hopper passes.

I also would like to see some sort of DVC discount passes.

June

I would like to see any of the following:

1. DVC Fastpass. We don't wait in line for passes or the standby line we could walk up and walk right on the ride like the General Motors Employees do at Test Track. We would not need to get a fastpass all we would do is show our dvc ID or card at the fastpass line.

2. Annual Passes - DW and I are going to FL twice per year and at some point will probably by more points and start going three times a year possibly. It would be nice to get a better deal than $10 off which we get with Disney Club. We actually used to get better discounts with MKC Card. At some point if the passes don't start getting discounted we will start spending time at one of the other 3 or 4 parks in Orlando while staying at DVC Resort.

3. I like the idea of a 1 or 2 day jump on the public for PS.

4. DVC discount at World of Disney and other shops at DD. We used to enjoy a pretty deep discount with AMEX but now since we stay on points they will not honor that discount.

I'm sure that I can come up with more things but this is all for now.

Later,

I posted this idea on its own thread, but it belongs here too.

For DVCers that would like a more cost effective pass, what about a new DVC Hopper Pass that lets you stay in the parks by the hour, instead of the whole day. It could work similar to a typical phonecard, you "clock in and clock out" of the parks. This would fit the typical DVCers vacations style much better, and it would encourage people to use the parks frequently just in shorter time periods. Hours would not expire.

Disney wouldn't even have to "discount" it, the idea of which seems to offend some people. It would just be prorated to fit hour by hour usage, and it could also contain the typical flex features like the current hopper.

With this option, DVC members would only be given the perk of a different manner of usage, not a cost break.

I'm in on the discounted AP idea. We do contribute to paying taxes on a property in Florida, don't we? We took our last trip to the world for a while this past June just because of the expense of passes. We're spending 2 weeks at Vero next summer and 4 days at that other park/resort in Florida. Don't get me wrong I love DVC and don't regret the purchase for a second but they could offer a better deal on passes and until they do we just won't do the parks very often.

Laurajean1014 wrote:

"I vote for Doctor P as President and normr as Vice President!

Can we add free transportation from resort to resort?

Keep the ideas coming............"

NOOOOOOO! I know this was in jest (I hope) but proposing programs that spend other people's money(Disney's) to satisfy some group (in this case DVCers) is exactly what is wrong with most of these suggestions and with our political system in general...Everybody wants the free lunch Doc mentions...

As DebbieB wrote there is little REASON (as in a decision based on rationality --not pipe dreams as floated here) for Disney to do most of the things suggested. Fedora's idea at least has the possibility of increasing the bottom line (in park spending) without necesarily decreasing admission media sales revenue. It's worth a closer look for WDW. Any other idea will have to at least pass that same test.

Important to all of us is that we let Disney know our wishes. BUT if we just bombard them with so many ridiculous requests, then the reasonable and sound ones which will be a win/win for all parties get drowned out in the blathering whine of requests like so many listed here.

Be realistic and put yourself in Disney's place. And no comments about making people happier or more satisfied or more loyal, because that is ultimately best reflected in people opening up their wallets and giving a company more $$$$. So that remains the final test for any suggestion--> will it mean more $$$$ for Disney. Tell Disney why they are not getting more of your money now and they may respond. Tell them that "you want this and you want that "and I suspect it falls on stone deaf mouse ears...

Paul

Paul,
I think encouraging those of us who go to WDW several times a year by offering cheaper park passes WILL get Disney more money. When we visit the parks, we spend more, both on food and other things. Anything that gets us into the parks will make more money for Disney in the long run. The same goes for making it easier for us to transport from one resort to another. When we go to the other resorts, it is to visit a resteraunt.

PKS, you can relax, I think most of knew this was an exercise not based in reality, and that Disney wouldn't do any of this, I'm not trying to spend other DVC members money, I already live in Florida and get the Florida resident discounts but I do think Disney ought to give every single member the Florida resident discount at the very least.

And in my opinion it is very short sighted on Disney's part not doing more to get people into the parks, I know with our family, we are not going into the parks like we have in years past, so they are not getting our money, we have been doing more things outside WDW, picking up discount book, getting the Kissimmee/St. Cloud discount book that is advertised on TV and doing things in it, so Disney is not getting any ticket money or restaurant money from our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter