New DVC Members as of yesterday!

SandyCA

Mouseketeer
Hi and Happy Easter to all.

DH and I made the decision to finally purchase a 180 point contract at SSR, very excited!:cool1:
We went to DLR and met Jerre Wegner, our guide, who was very knowledgable and very nice. I had come prepared with questions, after reading these boards for quite some time, and she had covered them all before I even asked! The presentation was very low-key, no hard sell and all in all a pleasant experience (if you can call spending that kind of money pleasant:laughing:)

Our UY is December and we received 2006 points, which we will use for two upcoming trips we had already planned:thumbsup2. We also received two hats, a really nice, but huge, canvas tote bag and the best part - 2 annual pass vouchers to be used for either DL or WDE:banana:. My DS and I will use those when we go in September.

Side question: Does anyone know how hard it would be to make a reservation for Vero Beach for 6/03 to 6/8?

Great Deal!

and Welcome home.

What was your purchase price, if I may ask, and did you pay closing costs? I have a friend thinking of joining as a new member (sent her the info packet last week).

Again, Congrats!

Goldi

Congrats! My DH wants to know ... what factors pushed you towards SSR vs AKV?

pixiedust: :welcome: pixiedust: HOME pixiedust: SandyCApixiedust:

Hope you will enjoy everything the DVC and SSR has to offer!~ Welcome Home Neighbor!!!!

~DW:3dglasses

Great Deal!

and Welcome home.

What was your purchase price, if I may ask, and did you pay closing costs? I have a friend thinking of joining as a new member (sent her the info packet last week).

Again, Congrats!

Goldi

Thanks!:woohoo:

Purchase price comes out to $94 per point. We had to put the 10% down based on the total purchase price at $104 per point and then they add the $10 per point to your down payment. We financed through Disney and just had them add the closing cost of $320.71 to it.:)

Congratulations !!! We also have Dec UY and got '06 points as well. We're going at WDW in May and October planning to use our 2 free PAP to save money.

Congrats to you! We are new, too (within the last two weeks)!

If you don't mind me asking...how did you manage to get the free AP's? We only received the tote bag.

Thanks!

Congrats to you! We are new, too (within the last two weeks)!

If you don't mind me asking...how did you manage to get the free AP's? We only received the tote bag.

Thanks!

I'm not the OP, but I think you only get the free AP's if you purchase at DL not WDW. I don't know if this is a limited time promotional thing or if it is always offered at DL.

SandyCA, Congratulations and Welcome Home!

I'm not the OP, but I think you only get the free AP's if you purchase at DL not WDW. I don't know if this is a limited time promotional thing or if it is always offered at DL.

SandyCA, Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Thanks for the congratulations :flower:

You are right, the free AP's are only if your first purchase is done at DL. I'm not sure if it is a limited-time offer, my paperwork does not say for sure.

Well, that is great for you!!!! Thanks for answering. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Congratulations again and "welcome home!"

Thanks!:woohoo:

Purchase price comes out to $94 per point. We had to put the 10% down based on the total purchase price at $104 per point and then they add the $10 per point to your down payment. We financed through Disney and just had them add the closing cost of $320.71 to it.:)

Surprised to see that. I just purchased at AKV and had no closing cost, and when I bought at BCV had no closing cost. That actually was a selling point used by guide when I mentioned after market to him on first purchase. i hope this isn't like undercoating or dealers prep just to increase the cost (profit).

Surprised to see that. I just purchased at AKV and had no closing cost, and when I bought at BCV had no closing cost. That actually was a selling point used by guide when I mentioned after market to him on first purchase. i hope this isn't like undercoating or dealers prep just to increase the cost (profit).

I believe that there are closing costs the first time you purchase directly from Disney. I think any future purchases added to the same contract have no closing costs.

Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Welcome Home Neighbor from another West Coaster! We enjoyed Vero Beach at the end of our trip last Nov. Happy Planning!

I believe that there are closing costs the first time you purchase directly from Disney. I think any future purchases added to the same contract have no closing costs.

Not when I bought in 2003 or 2007. No closing cost if going through disney.

We bought SSR in '05 direct from Disney and we did not pay any closing costs. This was our first purchase. I am not sure if they have changed it since then or not.

To the OP: Welcome Home and Congratulations. Hoping you have many wonderful vacations.

My family and I returned on Friday from a six day stay at Saratoga. I have to say -- we had a great stay. We used the dining plan this time, it was well worth it. We ate at some great places -- especially the SSR Turf Club. Good luck to you and enjoy.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter