• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC Property?

Brendansmom

Earning My Ears
Is it for certain that the next DVC property is at the BC? If so, does anyone know when sales for that will open? I don't know if I'm interested in purchasing at WLV, BWV or BC is more my style. Has anyone had any chance to compare them both?:jester:

Renee

Mom to Mouse Lover Brendan
Mom to FUTURE Mouse Lover Blake, comming soon-September 2001!

The Beach Club Villas are the next DVC resort (under construction now). Estimated completion time and when sales will start is Fall 2002.

At the May 15 member update at OKW, the CM told us the Beach Club Villas werescheduled to begin sellingin the fall of 2002. She said Florida law requires a certificate of occupancy before sales can begin. The Beach Club Villas are supposed to have between 120 & 160 accomodations (no Grand Villas).

The official word is fall 2002, but I heard that pre-sales may begin as early as this fall.... and that the buildings will be ready for occupancy before fall 2002.

I guess you have your choice of rumors to believe.

The Beach Club has the best pool and is closest to Epcot, but will certainly be more expensive than a resale and will probably be more expensive than WLV. It could be substantially more when you factor in the loss of use while you are waiting.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide.

We were just at Y&B yesterday. BCV are under construction. I wouldn't buy there mainly because of the views and noise. A select number of rooms will have a view of Epcot, the rest will see the BCV or BC parking lot, the Beach Club, the Beach Club main entrance and bus stop, or the road. Road noise will be bad. Very poor choice of location by Disney.

Quasi

OKW '93

If that's true, it makes me glad that we went ahead and bought at VWL. The upcoming point increase was certainly a factor, but the other thing we liked about VWL was that it was so quiet at night. My DH is a light sleeper, and it sounds like he'd never make it at BCV.

I just spoke with DVC reps at BWV last week and they said that although they won't be completed until Fall 2002, that "pre-sales" will be starting in April 2002. Now we have heard how many versions of what's to come? Plenty!! So it makes you wonder what's true and what's just speculation!!;)

This probably won't mean much but if they start doing presales in April 02 and BCV aren't ready until fall of 02 won't there be from April until it opens be 4 groups of WDW DVC owners competing for just 3 properties? That doesn't seem right.

I just spoke with my guide and she said they are really pushing to be able to do pre-sales before years end. She also said they are pouring money into the construciton to speed up the open date.

I am also curious as to what will happen if you buy pre-sale points, where would you be able to stay before the BCV opened?

I'm not positive how they'll handle it but common sense would be that those who pre-buy BCV would not be able to use points until the actual closings take place. You could not use BCV points anywhere until the BCV is actually open.

I doubt very much if Disney will get an ok, to pre-sell BC before it gets an occupancy permit.
Florida is loaded w/ timeshares. If you ok Disney to pre-sell that opens the door to every developer in the state.
:confused:

I keep telling this board that FL law does not prohibit preselling timeshares, only the actually closing on them. The Marriott at Singer Island and Panama City and Doral were all selling (preselling) before the actual foundations were poured.

The decisions about presells has been a Disney one, not a legal requirement.

Thanks for all your posts on the new DVC property. We're not making any commitment before June 3 regardless, so mabye when we got out next May, we'll get a good look at the property before making a decision. Thanks again.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter