New(er) offsite resort neighborhoods? I'm out of the loop.

AllesonWonderland

DIS Veteran
It's been waaaay too long since our last Disney trip! But, we're finally heading back and so I'm putting my research hat back on. We've stayed multiple times at Windsor Hills, once at Windsor Palms and once at Emerald Isle. I'll start there and at vrbo, but I'm sure new neighborhoods have cropped up in the past 3-6 years. Suggestions of where to look? (Or where to stay away from if former disboard faves have gone downhill?) My family loves having their own rooms, a splash pool, and a game room. Being close to WDW is always a plus, hence the multiple stays at Windsor Hills--'back in the day' that was the closest. Thanks in advance for any advice. So happy to be back on the forums!

Last edited:
Windsor Hills is still our favorite. Not sure when you're going but their pool renovation should be done soon. They're adding a splash park, water slides and new hot tub. The renderings looks really nice.

We stayed at Paradise Palms Resort. It's nice for a large group and every house has it OWN pool!

Thanks all! I did see that Windsor Hills was doing some renovations. The renderings do look nice! Wish my kids were still small. LOL Honestly, I think the first trip was the only time we went to the clubhouse and big pool. All our other trips we've just chilled at the pool at the house. WH is one of my favorites though. (My boy would probably appreciate the giant chess set now that he actually knows how to play.) The home we stayed at in WP was lovely as well. The house in Emerald Island had an amazing game room, but the rest of the house wasn't anything to write home about.

So far, I've earmarked a house in Windsor Palms, Indian Creek, and Reunion. The Reunion one seems like a 'grown up' house. Which is fine, because my kids are getting closer to that age. But they still might like the nostalgia of prior trips by having a little more theming. Also, as stated, we aren't the best at taking advantage of resort amenities. So, while the bazillion pools at Reunion look cool--I don't know if we would actually use them that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter