• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all, Any word(s) on whether the buses are running every 30 min? Any chance there'll be some signage with GPS info (ie; Next bus to DHS in 4 min.)?

Hey y'all, Any word(s) on whether the buses are running every 30 min? Any chance there'll be some signage with GPS info (ie; Next bus to DHS in 4 min.)?
The reviews from yesterday explain it all.
Yes, they are every 30 min. On a schedule.
What schedule varies by park.
some are :20 and :50
some are :10 and :40
some are :00 and :30
etc
No word on making it public but you can ask what time the bus for your destination runs and plan to be there on that time

When I read that you would see cast members on break, maybe smoking, is that referring to only the people working the gift shops and attractions or ANY cast member. I have a 6 year old girl and we can't see Cinderella on her phone smoking.

I don't believe that character performers are permitted to smoke while in their costumes anyway... It'd be a nightmare to get the smell out of the fabric. I saw a friend of Elsa vaping backstage while in costume semi-regularly last summer and I heard she got in trouble over it.

But as it was already said, the only CMs you'll see backstage are people like me - boring regular operations cast. :)

We hop a lot but normally it includes a visit back to the resort. I don't know if it will be worth it for us but if we do more direct park-to-park, roughly $50 (does $24 include tax?) for two people over 7 days doesn't sound too bad.

Now that I think about it the check in point at ak had the ability to sell because we waited an extra minute for a coyote that was buying. At epcot gr is right next to it so no need, dhs i don't think they could've done the transaction there

No, they only scan at the first park when you enter, they do scan to make sure you have the park hopping pass

Thank you so much for not fixing this. I saw others posting and was .... what? ... so I scrolled back. Best chuckle today. There was the instant visualization of a coyote on his hind feet standing there buying a ticket. Wile E Coyote skipped out on Six Flags to hang at Disney. Okay maybe it's all my cold medicine and it's not really funny....

wile.e.coyote.02.jpg

I made these maps yesterday and have just added them to my "WDW Maps" sticky post.

Express Transportation Boarding Areas

Inside-the-park terminal for "Park Hopping" buses which operate directly between the other theme parks' inside-the-park terminals.

MK Tomorrowland-

MK-TomLd-N_120916_zpsofsowbse.jpg

Epcot Future World-

Epcot-FW_120916_zpsoomnnefd.jpg

Epcot: Future World & World Showcase-

Epcot-FWWS_121016_zpsj27a48sr.jpg

DHS Wide-

DHS-ALL_120916_zpsbnzhfuzg.jpg

DHS CU Upper-

DHS-Upper_120916_zpssrhrmcq7.jpg

DAK Rope-WS-

DAK-Rope-RoL-WS_120916_zps5kybfz7r.jpg

DAK Central-

DAK-RoutesToEE_120916_zpsnswctrmx.jpg

DAK Central&Tusker-

DAK-CentralampTusker_120916_zps42o3iuga.jpg

Last edited:

I made these maps yesterday and have just added them to my "WDW Maps" sticky post.

Express Transportation Boarding Areas

Inside-the-park terminal for "Park Hopping" buses which operate directly between the other theme parks' inside-the-park terminals.

MK Tomorrowland-

MK-TomLd-N_120916_zpsofsowbse.jpg

Epcot Future World-

Epcot-FW_120916_zpsoomnnefd.jpg

DHS Wide-

DHS-ALL_120916_zpsbnzhfuzg.jpg

DHS CU Upper-

DHS-Upper_120916_zpssrhrmcq7.jpg

DAK Rope-WS-

DAK-Rope-RoL-WS_120916_zps5kybfz7r.jpg

DAK Central-

DAK-RoutesToEE_120916_zpsnswctrmx.jpg

DAK Central&Tusker-

DAK-CentralampTusker_120916_zps42o3iuga.jpg
Thank you, Robo!:thumbsup2

Forgot to consider, do you think they'll give out park maps or would we have to go all the way to the front of the park for those?

Not sure but they are available at pretty much every register on property

Yup.
The maps (and Times Guides) are available all over all of the parks
(even at many of the outdoor sales counters and kiosks.)
No need to go to front gates to get them.

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Wonder what happens if one bus fills up -- will another appear or will those left have to wait another 30 minutes?

Interesting idea. Wonder what happens if one bus fills up -- will another appear or will those left have to wait another 30 minutes?

All of the buses in the WDW fleet are electronically dispatched centrally, and all it takes is a radio message alert to send another bus to anywhere needed.

That said, at this point it does't look like they will be filling any particular bus, anyway.
This service will no doubt be going through some growing pains as it matures (or gets cancelled.)
Time will tell.

I asked this question at each stop. Every manager said that depending on demand buses will be in standby

Yulilin3, are you able to say what times the AK-EP bus was supposed to come? ie: 00, 10, 20, ? Thanks

I wish this service was available for our trip 10 days ago. This would so be worth the money to my family.

Hopping between ak and epcot right now, got spoiled by the express service, had to wait 15 minutes for a bus #firstworldproblems ;)

If this catches on and stays around, I think they'll find a way to allow AP holders to pay for the service for the year or simply add it on to the perks for them. That in itself might help keep it around. If they did choose the "pay to play" route, what might AP holders be willing to pay?

Just used the park hopper express transportation to hop from Epcot to MK. The cast members were friendly and courteous. We arrived at 1:15pm and we were sitting on the bus at 1:35pm. We arrived at MK 1:55pm. There was only 1 other party of 2 on the bus (their first time as well, I asked). Only 1 party of 2 got off the bus from MK to Epcot. There were 4 parties totally 9 waiting for the DHS bus which came 10 minutes before ours. It was the first time using the service for all of them (I asked). It only started 2 days ago but I was hoping to find someone who had used it before so I could ply them with questions! We would definitely use the service again but hopping to MK today was a big mistake it was packed. We had some snacks and left (it was wall to wall people), crazy - CL 9 I guess. I never thought to check crowd levels just thought we'd hop on a whim because Epcot was so crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter