New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, I know this wasn't the question earlier but going backstage at AK (both walking and on the bus) is super cool, you get to see all kinds of things like the fake Savannah sunset and Pandora

Using it again today (just hopped on a bus from Epcot to AK) and a CM actually told us that there is no end date right now. Not sure if this is the good news we've been hoping for or just an inconsistency in CM info. Fingers crossed!! (They also said that feedback has been very good and that it's been doing really well -- also not sure if this is just "Disney positivity" since the most people I've seen on a bus was 10, so far)
There was maybe a 3 year old on the last bus I was on

I had a question earlier about using this service with a Disney ecv. In a word - don't. Some CMs assured me there would be ecvs waiting at each park. The only place I saw that was true was at AK. Hopped from AK to MK and got "you can go to the front of the park...". Yup - went to guest services and requested a refund. Would have been wonderful if everyone associated with this service had the same information.

I'm not giving up on this, because the one ride we took was cool. I'll be prepared next time if I need an ecv to rent my own

I had a question earlier about using this service with a Disney ecv. In a word - don't. Some CMs assured me there would be ecvs waiting at each park. The only place I saw that was true was at AK. Hopped from AK to MK and got "you can go to the front of the park...". Yup - went to guest services and requested a refund. Would have been wonderful if everyone associated with this service had the same information.

I'm not giving up on this, because the one ride we took was cool. I'll be prepared next time if I need an ecv to rent my own
My grandma rented her own so we didn't have to worry about that. That sucks that it's not communicated well but I think that goes with it being new and they are still working on things.

Had they just ran out or something? It was stated that they intend to have them at each stop but I guess they could run out and have a gap till they got more back there. Not that it makes it any better but I just wonder if it was that it was more of a one time thing than a policy change

have any one heard if they stopped it yet last time i heard it was only till the 7th hope it still available for my trip on jan 23rd 2017

have any one heard if they stopped it yet last time i heard it was only till the 7th hope it still available for my trip on jan 23rd 2017

This was posted just one page back:

Using it again today (just hopped on a bus from Epcot to AK) and a CM actually told us that there is no end date right now. Not sure if this is the good news we've been hoping for or just an inconsistency in CM info. Fingers crossed!! (They also said that feedback has been very good and that it's been doing really well -- also not sure if this is just "Disney positivity" since the most people I've seen on a bus was 10, so far)

***CORRECTION/UPDATE***
Just got off the bus at AK and CM said that it is DEFINITELY going through the summer, after that, not sure. I'll take it!

***CORRECTION/UPDATE***
Just got off the bus at AK and CM said that it is DEFINITELY going through the summer, after that, not sure. I'll take it!

This makes my day!! Ill be there feb28!

One thing I noticed while using this service (which, again, was pretty much the best thing ever) was that the CMs were constantly having to fight with their tablets. It wasn't that they didn't know how to use them but rather that the tablets themselves were failing, disconnecting, needing to be restarted, etc. If the service continues, I hope TPTB give these folks some improved equipment so that they can do their jobs. Key #4, TPTB! Having CMs trying to hold tablets at a 23.4 degree angle to get a signal before the transportation app locks up is not very efficient!

Also, I purchased the service on Saturday 1/7. On Friday 1/13, it was already not showing on my account & I had to show my emailed receipt for the rest of the day. If you are planning to use it for a full week, make sure to keep your receipt.

One thing I noticed while using this service (which, again, was pretty much the best thing ever) was that the CMs were constantly having to fight with their tablets. It wasn't that they didn't know how to use them but rather that the tablets themselves were failing, disconnecting, needing to be restarted, etc. If the service continues, I hope TPTB give these folks some improved equipment so that they can do their jobs. Key #4, TPTB! Having CMs trying to hold tablets at a 23.4 degree angle to get a signal before the transportation app locks up is not very efficient!

Also, I purchased the service on Saturday 1/7. On Friday 1/13, it was already not showing on my account & I had to show my emailed receipt for the rest of the day. If you are planning to use it for a full week, make sure to keep your receipt.
More than likely it's just the horrid WiFi service on property, especially in the parks. Not as much the equipment themselves. I have perfectly fine equipment but when it gets on Disney's WiFi, it gets wonky, locks up, runs through battery, drops connection, and is just generally crappy. Get it away from Disney and all it's ills are fixed.

Last edited:
Question - do we know if the park to park departure times have stabilized or if they change day to day? I was going to make a chart so we'd have a general idea of departure times (for our starting park each day)....??

Have the departure times been pretty consistent? It says every 30 minutes..... so is it consistent on the hour and half hour?

Did the newsletter mention the same pricing, or was it left vague? Hoping that they don't raise the price after this month if it continues. I plan on trying it during our trip during the first week of Feb.

We have AP and it is the same price. Used it earlier this month. It's $15/day or $24 for 7 days. I only hope they don't raise the price.

Have the departure times been pretty consistent? It says every 30 minutes..... so is it consistent on the hour and half hour?
It depends on which park you're at & which one you want to go to. From Park A, buses to Park B will be at :00 & :30, buses to Park C will be at :10 & :40, and buses to Park D will be at :20 & :50. It's different at each park and the buses do depart exactly on time.

It is consistently every 30 min. It is not on the hour and half hour. It varies by park, both origination park and destination park. You must ask each day for that day's schedule

They are very consistent, and on time. However, they don't all run on the 1/2 hour. They run 30 minutes apart. Depends on where they start and where they are going. ie. :00/:30, :10/:40, 20:50.

It depends on which park you're at & which one you want to go to. From Park A, buses to Park B will be at :00 & :30, buses to Park C will be at :10 & :40, and buses to Park D will be at :20 & :50. It's different at each park and the buses do depart exactly on time.
perfect! thanks for the info!!

Had they just ran out or something? It was stated that they intend to have them at each stop but I guess they could run out and have a gap till they got more back there. Not that it makes it any better but I just wonder if it was that it was more of a one time thing than a policy change

I don't think so. At MK, there was very little room allotted for the staff member. I think he had an umbrella. There were no wheelchairs or strollers anywhere in the area, either. When I went to Guest Relations, they did say it was "upon availability" - I'm not sure where they'd be in MK. He acknowledged that since it's still in early stages that there was some miscommunication. AK has a little area devoted to the staff - Epcot only had a little stand and Studios the same. The area for MK staff was the most limited, from what I saw. Only AK had an assortment of everything. Since the stop at Epcot is right there by the rental area, that's the answer at that spot. I saw nothing at the Studios or MK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter