New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think taking the buss to the poly form AK
unless you are back in the area and the buss is leaving right then and you are a fast walker and can walk fast to the front of MK and the boat is waiting for you,

but no way to know how long you will wait for a normal buss at AK or who long you will wait at MK for a boat
I guess it all depends on where we are in the park and what time the express bus leaves.

Does anyone think it would be faster to take the express bus from AK to MK and then get on the boat to our resort the Poly or would it be just as fast to take the Poly bus back to the resort from AK?

From personal experience, if you are pretty much anywhere except the way other side of Everest or in Dinoland, I'd say do the Express bus to MK. Si I would say if you are in Africa, most of Asia, and probably Pandora, I'd take the Express bus. We did the Express bus from AK to Epcot, wander Epcot some, then Epcot to MK, to catch a boat to WL. We felt, for us, it was the best choice ever. The drop off in MK is right beside Buzz, so the walk to the front gate is not bad at all. Also, not enough can be said about knowing when the bus is going to leave. That rocks, and, in my opinion, is one of the best things about the service.

From personal experience, if you are pretty much anywhere except the way other side of Everest or in Dinoland, I'd say do the Express bus to MK. Si I would say if you are in Africa, most of Asia, and probably Pandora, I'd take the Express bus. We did the Express bus from AK to Epcot, wander Epcot some, then Epcot to MK, to catch a boat to WL. We felt, for us, it was the best choice ever. The drop off in MK is right beside Buzz, so the walk to the front gate is not bad at all. Also, not enough can be said about knowing when the bus is going to leave. That rocks, and, in my opinion, is one of the best things about the service.
Sounds good ! Thanks !

I feel really stupid, but I'm so confused. I'm reading about this on the disney website and the way it's worded there makes it seem like this service costs $29/week. Is that right? that seems to cheap for disney...

I feel really stupid, but I'm so confused. I'm reading about this on the disney website and the way it's worded there makes it seem like this service costs $29/week. Is that right? that seems to cheap for disney...
it's true, 7 consecutive days, per person

I really, really, really hope that this express transportation is still around, as cheap, and seemingly under-utilized when we go in a year. It seems to amazingly convenient.

here is the chart I made - the times work no matter which way you are going between those 2 parks (edited to add these are the times the bus leaves - you should be at the kiosk to check in 5 minutes before that)

MK - EP 10/40
MK - DHS 20/50
MK - AK 0/30

EP - MK 10/40
EP - DHS 0/30
EP - AK 20/50

DHS - MK 20/50
DHS EP 0/30
DHS - AK 10/40

AK - MK 0/30
AK - EP 20/50
AK - DHS 10/40

yes, I know I could have typed out less but for me this type of chart is easiest to read. We were down from 1/17 - 1/24 and the times were correct every time we used them (most days we did 3 parks per day) We did not use the Express Buses the last day (day 8) or the 2nd to last day due to foolish decision making not to use it - not smart boy did we miss it :-)

Way back on page 57. (And now here)

We leave on Friday, thank you of reposting the schedule, just cut and pasted it into my notes app. Loved the express buses in January, can't wait to do this again!

How long does it take on the express transportation to get from HS to MK?

Also curious! I have a fast pass for Toy Story at 10:10 and a reservation at BOG at 11:10 (yes I know it's cutting it close). The HS bus leaves at 10:50... can I make it to BOG?

Also curious! I have a fast pass for Toy Story at 10:10 and a reservation at BOG at 11:10 (yes I know it's cutting it close). The HS bus leaves at 10:50... can I make it to BOG?
We were going to HS and then have a Fireworks dessert party reservation at MK .

My daughter and I used the express bus March 1-5 and l

It's going to be close and depend on how lucky you are with traffic. They will make sure the bus leaves exactly at 10:50 and it doesn't take the bus long to get in and out of MK or HS. I think if you get really lucky you will still have to hustle once you get to MK

We leave in a week. Can not wait to use this. I just took a pic of the schedule on my phone.

Fingers crossed they don't increase the rate before we get there. I have this sneaky feeling they will raise the rates again soon or right before Easter break.

Just got back after 5 days and using the bus. The schedule is the same between parks as posted. TRAFFIC is an unknown that can vary your times. I tracked routes on my phone, and they often don't take the most direct highway route, so are susceptible to possible delays. Like others, 20 min. seems about average. Our longest trip was from AK to EPCOT at night, which I think actually topped out around 35 minutes. But very professional, and always left on time.

So, I just happened to think up a mnemonic device on the trip that actually allowed me to remember the schedule without referring to paper, which was convenient when sitting in dark on a ride and trying to think up the next options! I'll post it here, in case it might help others

First, you do have to know the basic layouts of the Parks geographically, or it probably won't help.

If you are familiar, think of a square, and where each park would be positioned on each corner of that square if you had to assign them each to a single corner. It would be:

[Magic Kingdom] [EPCOT]

[Animal King] [H. Studios]

Now, think of a clock. When the hands are straight up-and-down, they're at "0" and "30" past the hour. These are the N/S vertical routes on the square, and the only 30 minute combo that "fits" the same direction on the map as a clock (i.e. 10/40 and 20/50 aren't diagonal or horizontal on a clock).

Next, think of trucker movies from the 70's and CB Radios. Remember the phrase "10-40 good buddy"?. When you think of truckers (and their historic usage of CBs), you think of them driving cross-country, especially coast-to-coast. That's generally considered east-to-west and vice versa (horizontal). Also, CBs are old, and the oldest parks are MK and EPCOT, so another way to remember 10/40 is horizontal.

Finally, you're left with 20/50, a diagonal. There's only one remaining path, but if you think of 20/50 being the most "complex" sounding of the 3, and diagonals are more "complex" than basic horizontal or vertical lines, then you can remember it's parks that you'd make diagonal lines in the hypothetical square are the 20/50 times. Or forget "complex" and remember that in a square the diagonal line is a *longer* line than the straight lines that connect the corners so it's numerical length will be a LARGER number than the other lines, and 20/50 is the LARGEST combined number of the 3 as well.

Hence, as has been posted back in Post 1135, you can see how this (0/30 = vertical, 10/40 = horizontal, 20/50 = diagonal) all fits the schedule:

MK - EP 10/40
MK - DHS 20/50
MK - AK 0/30

EP - MK 10/40
EP - DHS 0/30
EP - AK 20/50

DHS - MK 20/50
DHS EP 0/30
DHS - AK 10/40

AK - MK 0/30
AK - EP 20/50
AK - DHS 10/40

Yes, mnemonic devices are pretty stupid but if you can remember at least 2 of the 3 triggers I mentioned (with the last being the default) maybe it can work for you to some extent as well!

Last edited:
Just got back after 5 days and using the bus. The schedule is the same between parks as posted.

So, I just happened to think up a mnemonic device on the trip that actually allowed me to remember the schedule without referring to paper, which was convenient when sitting in dark on a ride and trying to think up the next options! I'll post it here, in case it might help others

First, you do have to know the basic layouts of the Parks geographically, or it probably won't help.

If you are familiar, think of a square, and where each park would be positioned on each corner of that square if you had to assign them each to a single corner. It would be:

[Magic Kingdom] [EPCOT]

[Animal King] [H. Studios]

Now, think of a clock. When the hands are straight up-and-down, they're at "0" and "30" past the hour. These are the N/S routes on the square, and the only 30 minute combo that "fits" the same direction on the map as a clock (i.e. 10/40 and 20/50 aren't diagonal or horizontal on a clock).

Next, think of trucker movies from the 70's and CB Radios. Remember the phrase "10-40 good buddy"?. When you think of truckers (and their historic usage of CBs), you think of them driving cross-country, especially coast-to-coast. That's generally considered east-to-west and vice versa (horizontal). Also, CBs are old, and the oldest parks are MK and EPCOT, so another way to remember 10/40 is horizontal.

Finally, you're left with 20/50, a diagonal. There's only one remaining path, but if you think of 20/50 being the most "complex" sounding of the 3, and diagonals are more "complex" than basic horizontal or vertical lines, then you can remember it's parks that you'd make diagonal lines in the hypothetical square are the 20/50 times.

Yes, pretty stupid but if you can remember at least 2 of the 3 triggers I mentioned (with the last being the default) maybe it can work for you to some extent as well!

This is awesome! Thanks! I typically try to leave my phone in the room and have been dreading trying to carry around a scrap of paper to remember all of that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter