New Format?

LKing

DIS Veteran
Yesterday afternoon (5/7/23) when I logged on, I had a new format. I see 10 posts on page one then News & Updates, some ads, followed by "New DISboards Threads", another ad, then "Latest Posts." I spend the majority of my time on the Disneyland thread and there are so many pinned threads that I need to go to page 2 in order to see recent posts.

Is there a way to either collapse /unpin the pinned threads or change settings so that I can go back to 30 threads/page?

Yes, I don’t know what they did but it’s awful. It’s the same with the DCL forum - so many pinned posts that now none of the current/recent posts are showing on the first page.

Okay, glad it's not just me. I can't find the list of 'regular' new posts at all, just the pinned ones!

Glad it’s not just me. How do you even find the regular posts?
If you go to the main page, click on the little numbers underneath the list of pinned posts (to take you to the next page). It'll take you to page 2 of the regular posts lists, so you'll miss page 1 for now, but at least you can get to the list!

IMO, the pinned threads are important for new visitors. After a certain number of logons, one should have the option to unpin them.

On the Disneyland forum the pinned threads for how to post links to other sites, policy on COVID discussion, Dreams Unlimited travel agents and DIS podcasts belong on a main page and not in that specific forum.

The Disneyland Newbie thread (2009) and Resort Meets are old and rarely used. If they are updated, the title should be updated.

While we're talking about it (or at least, while I am talking about it), the Things to do While Visiting CA and the West (2004) that is pinned in the CA and the West forum is redundant. Isn't the purpose of the forum to discuss what to do in CA and the West? Likewise Things to Do Near Disneyland (2013), Things to do near DL blog (2019) and DAY SIX podcasts (2019) are old and out of date. Why keep them pinned?

So wait.....page 1 is now taken up with pinned posts and ads? So page 2 is now page 1?

I feel like Alice when she's through the looking glass.

So wait.....page 1 is now taken up with pinned posts and ads? So page 2 is now page 1?

I think there is more to it than that, because a lot of the more recent posts (which would have been on p1) are missing. Are you guys seeing the blue box in the upper right on p1? It doesn't appear on any other pages or forums that I've seen which leads me to believe there is some sort of error. Hopefully, they're working it out.
dis box.JPG

No, on those forums affected by the problem, page one only has the stickies and News & Updates posts. None of the posts on page 1 are there. If you go to page 2, that's the posts that are on page 2.

IMO, the pinned threads are important for new visitors. After a certain number of logons, one should have the option to unpin them.

On the Disneyland forum the pinned threads for how to post links to other sites, policy on COVID discussion, Dreams Unlimited travel agents and DIS podcasts belong on a main page and not in that specific forum.

The Disneyland Newbie thread (2009) and Resort Meets are old and rarely used. If they are updated, the title should be updated.

While we're talking about it (or at least, while I am talking about it), the Things to do While Visiting CA and the West (2004) that is pinned in the CA and the West forum is redundant. Isn't the purpose of the forum to discuss what to do in CA and the West? Likewise Things to Do Near Disneyland (2013), Things to do near DL blog (2019) and DAY SIX podcasts (2019) are old and out of date. Why keep them pinned?
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll take a look at the pinned threads. The pinned links on the California and West boards are podcast discussions or blogs that give information that people sometimes look for, so those will stay. Some of the pinned posts that you referenced should be in a general section are in the general section, but not everyone on the Disneyland board accesses the general section, and we want people to see them.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll take a look at the pinned threads. The pinned links on the California and West boards are podcast discussions or blogs that give information that people sometimes look for, so those will stay. Some of the pinned posts that you referenced should be in a general section are in the general section, but not everyone on the Disneyland board accesses the general section, and we want people to see them.
Thank you! I appreciate you cleaning up the Disneyland thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter