New FP System Works Great!

DisneyDad2015

Mouseketeer
Here now and I'm really enjoying the ability to make additional fastpasses from my phone. Used my last original fastpass at 3:20 today. Immediately after scanning my MB, I was able to make a new fastpass and got one for splash mountain at 5:05. Could have gotten an earlier one if I had wanted. Immediately after using the splash mountain, I was able to get a FP for BTMRR. And this is on a pretty crowded MK day. Could have gotten one for Peter Pans Flight as well.

Great to hear! We're going in three weeks, and I'm looking forward to trying this out. I was a skeptic when they rolled out FP+, but if it works this well and saves me from running back and forth I will be a fan.

Just got back a few days ago from my Disney honeymoon. We arrived on April 11 and left on April 21. The new system worked amazing for us! This was my first trip to Disney so I don't have any experience with any of the old systems but oooh man this system worked so great for us. We never waited on any lines! We actually got 20 fastpasses on our last day. Our previous record during the same vacation was 13! Here is how we made the most of it...

-We booked our initial 3 fastpasses for as early as we could get them. So the first 3 fastpasses would be in the span of 3 hours. However, after we did the first fastpass I modified the second fastpass to an earlier time so we wouldn't have to wait at all between rides. After we did the second fastpass I moved the 3rd fastpass up so we didn't have to wait for that one either. After the initial 3 were done this is where the fun began! Any ride we wanted to go on I would snatch up a fastpass and we would do it. If a ride didn't have a time close to the current time I would snatch up any fastpass time for it and then keep refreshing the list until a time showed up close to the current time. All it took was a little patience and persistence and we were able to get a fastpass for any ride we wanted to go on! Even the super popular rides we were able to get fastpasses right in the middle of the day! We got two same day fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and a few Seven Dwarves Mine Train fastpasses. All it took was me refreshing the list until a time showed up! The longest we ever had to wait for anything all trip was 20 minutes.

Thanks awesome MaC410!! I'm going in a few months and I hope to emulate your success. :dogdance:

Thanks awesome MaC410!! I'm going in a few months and I hope to emulate your success. :dogdance:

Hopefully you have some of the same success! I'm sure part of the reason we had THIS amount of success was due to the fact mid April crowd levels aren't as bad as summer crowd levels. But it really just seemed like all it took was persistence in refreshing the list on the app and you could get any ride you wanted.

I'm flying solo too so I will have the single rider advantage as well. This is my first time using FP+ though so I'm glad to see it's working well!

I'm flying solo too so I will have the single rider advantage as well. This is my first time using FP+ though so I'm glad to see it's working well!

Oh yeah definitely you will have an advantage being solo. We had one too since it was only two of us. i'm sure families of 4 or 5 won't have it so easy since 4 or 5 slots would need to open for them to be able to snatch one up. But regardless, being able to constantly be checking your phone app for fastpass times is a huge plus. I couldn't even imagine having to wait on a fastpass kiosk line. I'm super spoiled now after my first Disney trip!

Just got back a few days ago from my Disney honeymoon. We arrived on April 11 and left on April 21. The new system worked amazing for us! This was my first trip to Disney so I don't have any experience with any of the old systems but oooh man this system worked so great for us. We never waited on any lines! We actually got 20 fastpasses on our last day. Our previous record during the same vacation was 13! Here is how we made the most of it...

-We booked our initial 3 fastpasses for as early as we could get them. So the first 3 fastpasses would be in the span of 3 hours. However, after we did the first fastpass I modified the second fastpass to an earlier time so we wouldn't have to wait at all between rides. After we did the second fastpass I moved the 3rd fastpass up so we didn't have to wait for that one either. After the initial 3 were done this is where the fun began! Any ride we wanted to go on I would snatch up a fastpass and we would do it. If a ride didn't have a time close to the current time I would snatch up any fastpass time for it and then keep refreshing the list until a time showed up close to the current time. All it took was a little patience and persistence and we were able to get a fastpass for any ride we wanted to go on! Even the super popular rides we were able to get fastpasses right in the middle of the day! We got two same day fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and a few Seven Dwarves Mine Train fastpasses. All it took was me refreshing the list until a time showed up! The longest we ever had to wait for anything all trip was 20 minutes.
This might be a dumb question, but how do you refresh the list? Maybe it will be obvious once I'm there, but I'm not seeing a refresh in the MDE app. Of course right now I only see my 3 FP+ reservations for this Saturday.

Somewhat related, do the wait times refresh themselves or do you have to do something to refresh those too? Thanks!

This might be a dumb question, but how do you refresh the list? Maybe it will be obvious once I'm there, but I'm not seeing a refresh in the MDE app. Of course right now I only see my 3 FP+ reservations for this Saturday.

Somewhat related, do the wait times refresh themselves or do you have to do something to refresh those too? Thanks!

Not a dumb question. I should have explained what I meant by "refresh". There's no actual refresh button itself but if you change the time you are searching for it will quickly do a new search. Here's an example to show exactly what I did. Let's say it was 1pm and I was looking to make a new fastpass. I would go into the app, go to make a new fastpass and would select 1pm as my time. If nothing showed up or no times that would work for me showed up I would then just press 1:30pm up at the top of the fastpass list and it would search for 1:30pm. So I basically just kept changing the time and "refreshing" the list until something showed up I liked.

If let's say it was 1pm and I saw a 7pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train show up I would snatch that up. Then I would go to modify that mine train fastpass and do the same "refreshing" technique to try and get an earlier time. Since it was only the two of us it ended up not being difficult to refresh and find fastpass times for very popular rides very close to the current time so we never had to wait.

Did you have to pick first 3 FP all at the same park?
I'll have hoppers, it would be nice to have 2 at morning park and one for afternoon park.

Here now and I'm really enjoying the ability to make additional fastpasses from my phone. Used my last original fastpass at 3:20 today. Immediately after scanning my MB, I was able to make a new fastpass and got one for splash mountain at 5:05. Could have gotten an earlier one if I had wanted. Immediately after using the splash mountain, I was able to get a FP for BTMRR. And this is on a pretty crowded MK day. Could have gotten one for Peter Pans Flight as well.
Sounds so much easier :) I cant believe they had Splash and Peter Pan still available!

Wow that is awesome !

do you have to actually RIDE the first ride before you modify the 2nd FP time, or do you just need to PASS the Mickey Head?
May not be much time difference, but wondered if short wait in the line can be used to go ahead and modify the next?
(guess is a basic question of do you only tap in once, or does it sense your band again later to "know" you've actually finished the ride?)

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't recall having to "tap" to finish the ride..

How is the wi-fi in the parks? travelling from canada and NOT planning on purchasing a data plan while down there, and don't feel like walking to a kiosk to make more FPs

Not a dumb question. I should have explained what I meant by "refresh". There's no actual refresh button itself but if you change the time you are searching for it will quickly do a new search. Here's an example to show exactly what I did. Let's say it was 1pm and I was looking to make a new fastpass. I would go into the app, go to make a new fastpass and would select 1pm as my time. If nothing showed up or no times that would work for me showed up I would then just press 1:30pm up at the top of the fastpass list and it would search for 1:30pm. So I basically just kept changing the time and "refreshing" the list until something showed up I liked.

If let's say it was 1pm and I saw a 7pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train show up I would snatch that up. Then I would go to modify that mine train fastpass and do the same "refreshing" technique to try and get an earlier time. Since it was only the two of us it ended up not being difficult to refresh and find fastpass times for very popular rides very close to the current time so we never had to wait.

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation! We had our one day in Disney this past Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and it was a complete success! My family was amazed that we were pretty much able to fastpass the next ride we wanted to go on in the area and most times walk right over to it. The ability to do this in the app was a game changer. I'm really liking fp+, at least at the MK (that's the only place I've had a chance to try it out). Thanks again for your help!

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation! We had our one day in Disney this past Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and it was a complete success! My family was amazed that we were pretty much able to fastpass the next ride we wanted to go on in the area and most times walk right over to it. The ability to do this in the app was a game changer. I'm really liking fp+, at least at the MK (that's the only place I've had a chance to try it out). Thanks again for your help!

I'm glad it worked for you. I tried to do this last week but really didn't have much luck although most of the time I was looking for 5. I know I could have broken up the party and looked that way too but there was only so much I could spend on my phone and getting an FP for some of the kids and not all of them would have caused unhappiness. Since I wasn't having much success it just didn't seem worth it to keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter