New health & safety update for all international trips beginning 6/1

JackieT1182

Always planning our next Disney vacation
Just received the email below for my England and France trip coming up in July:

04/20/2023

Dear xxx,

All of us at Adventures by Disney look forward to traveling with you. We are reaching out with an important update to the COVID-19 vaccine requirements for your upcoming trip.

Beginning June 1, 2023, Adventures by Disney will no longer require Guests (regardless of age) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of their trip for all international land trips. However, destinations and local laws may still require vaccinations, so it is important that you confirm you meet the requirements for the countries on your trip. Guests who are not considered fully vaccinated by the destination countries may be prevented from entering certain destinations.

Adventures by Disney highly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated before they travel.

Guests who are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster shot are strongly encouraged to do so in preparation for their travel. Destinations and local laws that require vaccination may have different requirements and definitions of what constitutes full vaccination and may change those requirements on short notice. This may include requiring additional wait time after the full series of doses and a booster before considering someone fully vaccinated. Guests will continue to be required to comply with any trip-specific vaccination requirements, including those required by our cruise operators.

We strongly recommend Guests purchase their own travel insurance, including medical coverage, evacuation insurance, and trip cancellation or trip interruption coverage. Insurance is available for purchase during the booking process. Some destinations may require travel insurance for entry.

Please note that details about your specific trip will be shared closer to your scheduled departure.

We look forward to welcoming you on your trip soon.

Sincerely,

The Cast & Guides
Adventures by Disney

I'd be really pissed if I'd booked a trip under the condition of and expecting everyone to be vaccinated, then having ABD change that on me. I would sure hope a full refund would be an option!

Sayhello
I agree completely. I feel like this is a bait and switch. But at this point, all restrictions are being dropped everywhere. However, I am booked on an ABD trip to Japan in August. I’m assuming no one who is unvaccinated would have booked that trip and risked not being permitted to travel while hoping the restrictions would be relaxed. So selfishly - I am pretty confident the vast majority of the people on my trip will be vaccinated. At least that is what I’m telling myself.

I'd be really pissed if I'd booked a trip under the condition of and expecting everyone to be vaccinated, then having ABD change that on me. I would sure hope a full refund would be an option!

Sayhello
we certainly are pissed. full group of 40. Bait and switch is an understatement. very very unhappy for what is supposed to be a happy relaxing carefree experience.

Sayhello
I'm booked for a Germany itinerary in August and I'm not thrilled, though also not surprised. Of course, our itinerary is still available (and the only Germany itinerary with the "Bundle & Save" offer), so clearly more people could get added.

It's not enough for me to cancel (this is my 35th birthday trip and my mom and I are already going on a cruise next week, which also does not require vaccination any longer), but I'm disappointed to be losing that peace of mind.

I’m not worried about it. My family is all fully vaccinated and still got Covid several times while only hanging around fully vaccinated people. I don’t care about it all as much anymore. We still get our vaccines. I guess I was just hoping they would be more effective. :( Also, people who haven’t gotten vaccinated have probably had the virus at least once by now so have that natural immunity built up too.

I don’t mean to start any political debate - I’m just saying we’re still excited to take our planned trips and not stressed one bit! ❤️

Genuinely curious why anyone would be upset about this. The science is clear that the vaccine doesn’t prevent sickness or transmission. It just reduces the chances you will get really sick. So why would you care if other people are vaccinated or not.

Last edited:
We went on an A&K last September, everyone in our trip bubble fully vaccinated. One guy started looking ill by the end of the trip, and later (post trip) a few of us tested positive. Unless you travel in a tight bubble-- no flights, hotel, restaurants, museums, boat trips etc -- it won't matter much if the whole group is vaccinated or not. You can be vaccinated and wear a mask to reduce the chances of infection, but the world has opened up and it isn't logical or practical to require the travel group bubble to be fully vaccinated and guarantee no Covid infections. And what does it mean to be fully vaccinated? I had both Pfizer shots, and a booster. Probably made Covid less severe for me. But is the desired vaccination protocol to include all boosters? Personally, I will take all necessary precautions for a while still-- all boosters, mask in airports. But to grumble about the end of requiring everyone else to be vaccinated is pointless.

Genuinely curious why anyone would be upset about this. The science is clear that the vaccine doesn’t prevent sickness or transmission. It just reduces the chances you will get really sick. So why would you care if other people are vaccinated or not.
It keeps the odds in your favor. I know I can catch it from a vaccinated person the same as unvaccinated, but there is less chance they get sick, and in turn pass it to us.

Got the same email for our expedition cruise and I'm unhappy as well. I honestly thought the expedition cruises would be the last to see it dropped since we are in tight quarters AND much larger numbers. DCL dropped it awhile ago and we just got back from an 8 night cruise last night with lots of sick folk aboard. Surprise, I'm now also sick (just started yesterday morning and negative so far). I'm young(ish) and healthy so its likely fine at the end of the day, but it does feel wrong for them to do this. They must be hoping to snag some last minute reservations for this summer. A fairer way would have been to make the announcement outside of pay in full dates or wait for the next round - we got this change sprung on us with 81 days to go. We have numerous nonrefundable flight segments, tours, and cars, plus are relatives booked on portions of the pre-trip with me that would all need to also be cancelled.

We went on an A&K last September, everyone in our trip bubble fully vaccinated. One guy started looking ill by the end of the trip, and later (post trip) a few of us tested positive. Unless you travel in a tight bubble-- no flights, hotel, restaurants, museums, boat trips etc -- it won't matter much if the whole group is vaccinated or not. You can be vaccinated and wear a mask to reduce the chances of infection, but the world has opened up and it isn't logical or practical to require the travel group bubble to be fully vaccinated and guarantee no Covid infections. And what does it mean to be fully vaccinated? I had both Pfizer shots, and a booster. Probably made Covid less severe for me. But is the desired vaccination protocol to include all boosters? Personally, I will take all necessary precautions for a while still-- all boosters, mask in airports. But to grumble about the end of requiring everyone else to be vaccinated is pointless.
No one was ever guaranteeing no COVID infections, but the requirement was in place when many of us booked 2023 trips (some of which still have openings for bookings) and I think it’s reasonable that we expected any changes would go into effect for the next cycle of bookings and not affect existing trips. Regardless of what anyone else feels or believes, I felt more comfortable knowing everyone on our tour would be vaccinated, and I will feel less comfortable knowing that might not be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter