New here & excited!

HalloweenDisneyBride

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My name is Ashley & my fiance's Eddie. We're planning our walt disneyworld wedding for 10-31-03. Right now, I'm just trying to get information on Intimate weddings & on Custom weddings. I have the basic info, I'm just not sure which one would be best for us. There is always *drama going on in my life, with my future inlaws. Basically I'm looking for other disney wedding couples & hope to gain some information on them. I also hope to take an active roll in this board, seeing as this is basically the only disney-wedding board I've found - lol.
I guess I can give you an insight on my ideas for an intimate & custom wedding. For the custom wedding, I was hoping to stay in the GF (I have dreamed of that hotel for so so long.) Also, wanting the Glass coach, which I did check with Bill Barchik & it's possbile to get that. We're looking into having a 12:00 pm wedding in the wedding pavillion, with a reception afterwards for everyone. Then a farewell sunday breakfast for our guests. Pretty simple.
For the custom wedding, we were thinking pavillion, reception, coach, trumpet duo, and, thats basically it. I am only looking to spend about $11,000.00 so the intimate wedding is probably best for us.
I also have a question, has anyone gone with Disney's photography & videography?
Does anyone have photos of your weddings? Oh & my theme is going to be Halloween/Cinderella. Which works great, pumpkins for Halloween, which also goes with Cinderella.

Well thanks for reading. :earseek:

Ashley & Eddie
:earsgirl: & :earsboy:

Welcome to the boards. you may want to look into joining the yahoo group disneymooners. it is a group of mostly brides planning disney weddings they could help you with a lot of your questions and you can see other brides wedding day pictures from various photographers including disney.

Hi! I have to second the idea of joining Disneymooners; you'll find a ton of valuable information there.
For our premium intimate wedding, the cost is $4829, which includes all the intimate amenities (officiant, limo, cake, bouquet, organist, violinist, etc), along with 4 nights in the GF lagoon view and park passes. The coach is another $2500, and there are of course other options like characters and dove release.
Is your $11000 budget for the wedding and farewell brunch only, or for your entire honeymoon? If it's for wedding and farewell brunch, you may be able to go with a custom within your budget. If you do it on a weekday, there is a $7500 minimum, and any money that you spend on your wedding day with Disney will count towards the minimum, even things like if you have a dessert party or use Disney photography and videography. I will say that custom brides get help from FTW with their receptions, which is something lacking in the intimate wedding department. It was like pulling teeth to get our coordinator to discuss options with us for a reception, and we had to speak with Group Dining and Private Dining also before discovering our perfect reception spot: the V&A's private room.
For the 2002 packages, the limit to intimate weddings is 8 guests, but you can add an additional 5 guests (for a total of 13) for a $500 fee.
You asked about Disney for photography and videography. We are going with Randy Chapman for photography, b/c we like his work and that our package includes the negatives. I have heard good things about Disney for photography, but if you go with them, you have to wait a few years before they will sell the negatives to you. For videography, we went with STVS. We looked at Disney videography, but didn't like the mounted cameras in the pavilion. In the sample that we saw, the angle looked awkward, looking down on the couple from above, and it seemed very mechanical. When you request a sample from them, make sure you get a sample finished product, not just the standard montage they send out.
You might also want to check out www.yourfairytale.com. It has lots of useful information on Disney weddings and vendors.
Cheers!
Heather P

Ashley,

First you have to join yahoo. Then I believe the disneymooners group is under newsgroups or some similar title. Also check on www.yourfairytale.com. It is a website run by the same woman who runs they disneymooners group. Disneymooners is a great source of information for WDW weddings. Good luck!

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter