• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

I haven't purchased ticketed events like this since MDE was implemented years ago. I assume in order to buy tickets June 29th as a resort guest, I assume then we would have to book through My Disney Experience? If so, where do you find these tickets? For example, i can't see where I would buy After Hours tickets within MDE?

Or do you have to enter in a resort reservation number in order to buy tickets in advance?

I asked on "official" party thread, but in case no one replies, asking here too. Do you see any advantage to buying full price from WDW directly vs at the $5-9 off discount at warehouse clubs, UT and others? (I don't qualify for WDW DVC, AP or military discounts.)

I always book direct with airlines and hotels even if it costs a bit more, as they seem more willing to help if something goes wrong. But not sure if it even matters here.

Do you think WDW may be more helpful if I had to change dates and bought from them vs 3rd party seller? (This is for MK party less popular date: urgency not really an issue.)

I haven't purchased ticketed events like this since MDE was implemented years ago. I assume in order to buy tickets June 29th as a resort guest, I assume then we would have to book through My Disney Experience? If so, where do you find these tickets? For example, i can't see where I would buy After Hours tickets within MDE?

Or do you have to enter in a resort reservation number in order to buy tickets in advance?
You can go to the WDW site and look under "Tickets", you will then see a place to click for Special Event tickets. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/
I asked on "official" party thread, but in case no one replies, asking here too. Do you see any advantage to buying full price from WDW directly vs at the $5-9 off discount at warehouse clubs, UT and others? (I don't qualify for WDW DVC, AP or military discounts.)

I always book direct with airlines and hotels even if it costs a bit more, as they seem more willing to help if something goes wrong. But not sure if it even matters here.

Do you think WDW may be more helpful if I had to change dates and bought from them vs 3rd party seller? (This is for MK party less popular date: urgency not really an issue.)
If you think you need any type of flexibility with the tickets, I would book directly with WDW.

I was trying to figure this out also.
It sounds like Tower of Terror and Brown Derby special events will be upcharges. Has anyone read anything about that yet?
Based on some articles I've read (specifically, one by Brooke Geiger McDonald - https://www.travelpulse.com/News/En...-Disney-World-s-New-After-Hours-Holiday-Party), it sounds like it's more limited-capacity, like might have to go on a waitlist since the areas are smaller.

Normally a table-service restaurant, Vazzana said the space will be set up differently and will include multiple bars.

Vazzana says it’s expected that the Brown Derby experience will be the only “party” that will use a waitlist, and compared the planned procedure to that of Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. He did not specify whether the time and drink limits for the party would be the same as Oga’s, where guests are limited to 45 minutes and two drinks.

So I bet we'll pay extra for food/bev offerings there, but not extra to access the space if that makes sense?

How do they know that you have a resort reservation? I assume we just sign in our MDE account, and after that, go to the main WDW site?

Yes, make sure you’re signed into MDE, then go to the page to purchase the event tickets. If you have a resort reservation linked in MDE, the dates that are included in your stay will show available to purchase. Dates that are outside of your stay will be greyed out & not available for purchase.

Last edited:
Yes, make sure you’re signed into MDE, then go to the page to purchase the event tickets. If you have a resort reservation linked in MDE, the dates that are included in your stay will show available to purchase. Dates that are outside of your stay will be greyed out & not available for purchase.
Thank you!
Does the system allow you to buy tickets for another party? For example, friends staying on property (who are NOT registered in MDE) for same dates but not staying in our room?

Do we have any idea at what time these Jollywood tickets will be available to purchase? The only date I can do will be the first one and I do expect that they will sell out super quick!

I was excited to see the Hollywood party, and booked two nights at the Swan to do it, and MVMCP. After reading closer, I think I'm going to pass on the HS party. Not enough I'm interested in, and definitely thinking some events will be restricted or an upcharge.

Does anyone know what time tickets usually open up? I can only make 1 date for Jollywood nights and don't want to take any chances.

I was excited to see the Hollywood party, and booked two nights at the Swan to do it, and MVMCP. After reading closer, I think I'm going to pass on the HS party. Not enough I'm interested in, and definitely thinking some events will be restricted or an upcharge.
I was also excited about Jollywood Nights and was going to try to get tickets to the first night, but now I think I will pass. It seems like this one is more geared towards adult fun and adult drinks which I would love if it was me and my husband, but this time I will be with my Dad and youngest daughter so not worth it for us. Maybe we would do it if more rides were open, but not for just the 4. Hopefully they add some more for those that are going.

I was also excited about Jollywood Nights and was going to try to get tickets to the first night, but now I think I will pass. It seems like this one is more geared towards adult fun and adult drinks which I would love if it was me and my husband, but this time I will be with my Dad and youngest daughter so not worth it for us. Maybe we would do it if more rides were open, but not for just the 4. Hopefully they add some more for those that are going.
I went to the Unleashed the Villains evening hours at DHS and again the next year when it was a ticketed event. Both times it was truly an adult atmosphere. It attracted LOTS of locals who I can assume pre-gamed in their car and then kept the party going with all the open bars. Everything about this including come dressed glammed up screams adult to me.

I'm really on fence, I WOULD LOVE THIS PARTY, but I've also experienced one of these at DHS. I think the reason it's taken so many years for a party to return is the failure of the others (money was refunded) and the LARGE number of drunk adults. Disney banks on their cocktails, I expect there to be plenty of existing and pop up bars like before. Folks are going to this to enjoy the party offerings (since there is not enough time nor space for you to do all let alone rides).

I will be there offsite during two parties. I think I've decided I will try on July 6th and if I don't get I'll be fine ... having had experience that I did. I am hoping they learned, they have a better plan and it will be a huge success, then next year will have more dates.

But for myself, I'd want to see both shows, they sound AWESOME but crunching numbers there is no way for everyone to see those shows given theater sizes and number of shows. Will I spend all night in line waiting for one? Will I see one or none? Not many characters ... when I went to last party they had "50" characters and lines were SO LONG! I am trying to pencil in the reality of what we can do in 4 hours in a sold out party with low capacity offerings for $170 each. (And I have lodging for free and annual passes, so the tickets won't crunch my budget - BUT I want value).

Based on the past DHS parties - very much full of adults partying.

agreed. I love the idea itself, but don't think the way they're executing it has enough value for what they're charging - at least for me. There's just not enough going on in that park, if one doesn't care for star wars, to justify the spend.

Is this the first party/afterhours event that doesn't have "free" snacks and beverages?
I was excited for the Jollywood I love DHS at Christmas but after the initial oh this is awesome the practical side kicked in and I just don't know if it's worth it. I wish we had a touch more info.

Is this the first party/afterhours event that doesn't have "free" snacks and beverages?
I was excited for the Jollywood I love DHS at Christmas but after the initial oh this is awesome the practical side kicked in and I just don't know if it's worth it. I wish we had a touch more info.
Yea, I think I’m skipping it. I will be there with my son one weekend when both parties are offered, and I don’t think he would really enjoy the DHS party (other than the fireworks show and the rides, which don’t justify the price). I would personally enjoy it (especially the muppets and all the shows!!) but wonder how many “parts” I would have time for in the 4 hr window. Since the value is uncertain and it really seems more geared to adults and people drinking alcohol, I’ll skip it this year and hope it comes back if it is fun and successful.

Since the value is uncertain and it really seems more geared to adults and people drinking alcohol, I’ll skip it this year and hope it comes back if it is fun and successful.
I don't even think the value is there for adults honestly. I enjoy nice cocktails, love the theme and don't have kids. But the ticket price doesn't seem to include anything food/beverage-wise. Given the high price, the limited hours (early access 7pm vs 4pm for MK) then adding in the cost of even 2 drinks and a snack or two that evening, it seems waaay overpriced for what you get. Hard pass from me.

The Unleash the Villains Party that was in DHS did not have any free snacks or drinks. But they did have pop up bars in addition to the others for you to give them your money.

I wish there was going to be more entertainment so that everyone has a chance to see a show, meet characters etc. Right now my guess is most folks won't get close to a full experience.

DISNEY please prove me wrong and keep the numbers very low, but given theater capacity no way it will be low enough for all to see even one.

Last edited:
I don't know if this was asked but, at what time to tickets go on sale the 29th? I heard someone say they were calling at midnight. Is that a thing or do they go on sale later that morning.

I don't know if this was asked but, at what time to tickets go on sale the 29th? I heard someone say they were calling at midnight. Is that a thing or do they go on sale later that morning.

I will be online at midnight eastern time. No harm in trying then. If they aren't on sale yet I will be ready at 6am.

The phone lines won’t be open at midnight. They open at 7 am. I don’t think anyone knows for sure what time online will be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter