New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
I bought most of my points direct at CCV. After realizing I needed more points I bought a resale at AKL my wife’s favorite resort. After the wife and I decided we wanted to do F&W every year, we figured that would best be done from an Epcot resort so we bought a resale at BWV. I’m not willing to do the 7 month tango so I bought my resale contracts for where I wanted to stay for each trip. I’m pretty sure I’ll never pay direct prices again as staying at resorts other than where I own just isn’t on my radar, I’m happy to stay where I own so any resale restrictions don’t bother me at all.
That's really helpful - appreciate it. Yea, I've wondered how well the 7 month booking window really works. Any time I'm trying to search for travel dates even 11 months out sometimes, most things are booked. Granted, generally have to work around school vacation so that doesn't help. I've only stayed at GF so far but will be at the Polynesian in April so looking forward to checking that out. My sister used our points and stayed at BCV and absolutely loved it so want to check that out at some point as well. I feel like I'll never have enough points for all of the things I want to check out ultimately! Thanks again for the help!

That's really helpful - appreciate it. Yea, I've wondered how well the 7 month booking window really works. Any time I'm trying to search for travel dates even 11 months out sometimes, most things are booked. Granted, generally have to work around school vacation so that doesn't help. I've only stayed at GF so far but will be at the Polynesian in April so looking forward to checking that out. My sister used our points and stayed at BCV and absolutely loved it so want to check that out at some point as well. I feel like I'll never have enough points for all of the things I want to check out ultimately! Thanks again for the help!

Enough points? :rotfl2: Don’t kid yourself the struggle is real.

Oh good. So it isn't just me?? I feel like it might become addicting! The more I have, the more I'll want to go. The more I want to go, the more points I need. A vicious cycle.

SO vicious!!!! It does happen and it WILL happen! You’ll then need AP’s, then DVC merch... the list goes on! 😂

New Jersey has Bald Eagles! In Cape May county, near one of the bridges to Cape May there’s a nesting pair. Most of the time I cross across the bridge, I see the distinct white head! Lots of osprey nests too in the area!🦅

New Jersey has Bald Eagles! In Cape May county, near one of the bridges to Cape May there’s a nesting pair. Most of the time I cross across the bridge, I see the distinct white head! Lots of osprey nests too in the area!🦅
We have a nesting pair in my area, occasionally I see one perched in my neighbor’s tree.

It’s all fun and games until that dues bill comes in. :rotfl2:
Details - hmmm guess I'd need to stock up on more gift cards for the dues! Thankfully they just come around once a year though and in my several trips I'd have forgotten about the dues after the first day there...I think!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm revisiting our plans for late Oct/early Nov and wanted to see if anyone has stayed at Riviera yet. If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm revisiting our plans for late Oct/early Nov and wanted to see if anyone has stayed at Riviera yet. If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Haven't stayed there but Riviera is one of those you love it or you hate it resorts. We checked it out when we were there in December my son loved it and wants to buy a contract there. I hated it, too "fancy" for my liking but lacks the "WOW!" factor, IMHO. I'll never stay there, especially with the points charts, but I feel the same way about VGF.
We all have different tastes, you may like it. I know, not very helpful.😆

Haven't stayed there but Riviera is one of those you love it or you hate it resorts. We checked it out when we were there in December my son loved it and wants to buy a contract there. I hated it, too "fancy" for my liking but lacks the "WOW!" factor, IMHO. I'll never stay there, especially with the points charts, but I feel the same way about VGF.
We all have different tastes, you may like it. I know, not very helpful.😆
Thank you! That's very helpful actually. Before I do anything crazy, I think I'll make time when we're there in April to go check it out. One of my biggest concerns is that I don't think you can walk to Epcot and have to take the gondola which might be annoying, especially when there are other resorts you can walk from. I'm amused though because I've Googled whether you can walk to Epcot and keep getting things that say "you can walk to the gondola stop" or something like that!🤣

Thank you! That's very helpful actually. Before I do anything crazy, I think I'll make time when we're there in April to go check it out. One of my biggest concerns is that I don't think you can walk to Epcot and have to take the gondola which might be annoying, especially when there are other resorts you can walk from. I'm amused though because I've Googled whether you can walk to Epcot and keep getting things that say "you can walk to the gondola stop" or something like that!🤣

Pretty sure you're not walking to Epcot from the Riviera, but the Skyliners aren't that bad unless you get stuck dangling for awhile. If you want to walk to Epcot you need to weigh the length of contract against your needs, I'll be dead by 2042 so I didn't mind buying a contract with only 22 years left, my kids will have to be happy with CCV and AKV, I bought BWV for my wife and I to enjoy F&W each year without a thought to passing it down. The resale price and length of contract was right for my needs, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter