New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
New AKL owners from SJ here. We’re doing a split stay BCV/AKL in July to celebrate my wife’s birthday and finally get away. Going to drive from Philly area with a toddler. Any tips?

Hi we also drive now, take 95S to Savannah area and spend the night. It's about a four hour ride from there to WDW. We take 95S in FL to Rt4 then we get on 417 which is a toll road but MUCH LESS traffic than on 4. I guess it's personal preference, I would rather spend a few $s to avoid all that traffic and stress… This year when we leave to go home we will just take 4 to 95 because we will be leaving around 4AM so not anticipating too much traffic at that hour.

Hi we also drive now, take 95S to Savannah area and spend the night. It's about a four hour ride from there to WDW. We take 95S in FL to Rt4 then we get on 417 which is a toll road but MUCH LESS traffic than on 4. I guess it's personal preference, I would rather spend a few $s to avoid all that traffic and stress… This year when we leave to go home we will just take 4 to 95 because we will be leaving around 4AM so not anticipating too much traffic at that hour.

We were thinking about Savannah so we could have a nice option for dinner and we’ve never been. Any hotel suggestions?

We were thinking about Savannah so we could have a nice option for dinner and we’ve never been. Any hotel suggestions?

Hi we always stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S-Gateway. It's a very convenient location and there are places close by for dinner. Please know that this hotel is not near the actual city of Savannah but after riding 12+ hours in the car we are ready to be done for the day. LOL

We've done the Spring Hill Suites and were very impressed with the location/size and amenities...Plus free breakfast as well.. It's right down the block from the airport, along with like 9 or 10 more hotels...All in a safe area too. And there are a few chain type food places there as well. Just down the road going west back over the highway, there are plenty of spots to eat at.

Here's a link: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.1402797,-81.2489347,15z

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share that the state vaccine pre-registration site is up. They're getting a lot of traffic, so there might be errors but I finally submitted a form after 10 - 15 minutes. My friend who registered last night said she got an email confirmation 3 hours later.

https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
Anyways, hope everyone is well - just wanted to make sure y'all saw this!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share that the state vaccine pre-registration site is up. They're getting a lot of traffic, so there might be errors but I finally submitted a form after 10 - 15 minutes. My friend who registered last night said she got an email confirmation 3 hours later.

Thanks for posting this information, I just registered.

Just saw this thread! I own mainly at SSR - but also 75 points at BCV. But I've never stayed at SSR - we are Boardwalk people lol :)

I got the 75 points at the Beach Club because my name was on a list & when they called me, the opportunity was too good to pass up!

I am one of those "crazy" people that buys direct from Disney - its just too darn easy for me. My last buy was 100 points at SSR while on a Disney cruise. Let's just say - I'm an easy sell. ;)

Just saw this thread! I own mainly at SSR - but also 75 points at BCV. But I've never stayed at SSR - we are Boardwalk people lol :)

I got the 75 points at the Beach Club because my name was on a list & when they called me, the opportunity was too good to pass up!

I am one of those "crazy" people that buys direct from Disney - its just too darn easy for me. My last buy was 100 points at SSR while on a Disney cruise. Let's just say - I'm an easy sell. ;)
We just added on 25 points at VGF...direct, we should have bought more in the beginning. Now, at 65 points, I am OK. We will be there in November. We really only want a few nights in a studio. December was impossible to get it seemed!

Last edited:

:welcome: glad you found us! The more the merrier!

:welcome: I’ll add you to your Home Resorts!

We've done the Spring Hill Suites and were very impressed with the location/size and amenities...Plus free breakfast as well.. It's right down the block from the airport, along with like 9 or 10 more hotels...All in a safe area too. And there are a few chain type food places there as well. Just down the road going west back over the highway, there are plenty of spots to eat at.

Here's a link: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.1402797,-81.2489347,15z

Thank you!

My wife is a teacher and was able to sign up for hers. She said whenever she got an error message she just refreshed the page and it went right back to where she left off. Got an email confirmation of her group the next day.

Hey guys had a few questions for you dvc experts and esp parents of two or more. I really want to go to wdw for the 50th anniversary but I’m having trouble picking hotel options and when to go. So I already have a 2.5 year old and one on the way coming July 2021. I also have points that expire in May 2022 of those I can bank 150 and about 100 I would have to rent or gift. Should I go I may 2022 baby won’t be a year yet or should I bank points and go on sept 2022. Would the 50th celebration still be going on in sept 2022. I own at Polynesian and will be taking my parents should I get a 2 bedroom at 7 months if that’s even possible or two rooms in poly? What would be the best resort for two kids ( 4 years old and 1 year old) I’m reading a lot for BLT.
thanks so much for any input!

Hey guys had a few questions for you dvc experts and esp parents of two or more. I really want to go to wdw for the 50th anniversary but I’m having trouble picking hotel options and when to go. So I already have a 2.5 year old and one on the way coming July 2021. I also have points that expire in May 2022 of those I can bank 150 and about 100 I would have to rent or gift. Should I go I may 2022 baby won’t be a year yet or should I bank points and go on sept 2022. Would the 50th celebration still be going on in sept 2022. I own at Polynesian and will be taking my parents should I get a 2 bedroom at 7 months if that’s even possible or two rooms in poly? What would be the best resort for two kids ( 4 years old and 1 year old) I’m reading a lot for BLT.
thanks so much for any input!
BLT if you’re in a 2BR is a good pick if you’re thinking you’ll spend a lot of time at MK; personally I think every other resort gets to be a huge pain for nap time. You lose 4 hours in transportation, waiting, walking, and trying to get an amped up kid to hold still in bed just to squeeze in a desperately needed 90 minute nap. At least at BLT, on your MK days the 30-60 minutes of transportation and walking on each side of the nap because a predictable 12ish. Also no futzing with strollers. I am pro BLT for you with a barely-1-year-old.

BLT if you’re in a 2BR is a good pick if you’re thinking you’ll spend a lot of time at MK; personally I think every other resort gets to be a huge pain for nap time. You lose 4 hours in transportation, waiting, walking, and trying to get an amped up kid to hold still in bed just to squeeze in a desperately needed 90 minute nap. At least at BLT, on your MK days the 30-60 minutes of transportation and walking on each side of the nap because a predictable 12ish. Also no futzing with strollers. I am pro BLT for you with a barely-1-year-old.
Yes I’m thinking mk is where we would gravitate most towards. Do you think I’d have issues booking a 2 bedroom in sept? I’m a new dvc member and I know between Covid and 50th who knows what to expect.

I second the BLT vote. You will want to be able to walk back mid-day. Or even twice in a day. Pushing kids past their limit is a sure recipe for success at Disney. haha. Hopefully you will have a good stroller napper and the walk back will be half the nap!

Book your 2 rooms at Poly at the 11 month then modify to BLT at 7 months. I am new to DVC but I know Sept is a generally low period. Who knows that will be happening the next few years though with all the banked points.

Personally the first time we took our kid to Disney she was 18 months and it was perfect! She was old enough to know this place looks different from "regular life" but didn't know why. I think she sat in her stroller 95% of the time just looking around amazed. We kept joking that maybe we should get her out to walk around but she was so happy just sitting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter