New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
SO I won't debate Taylor ham or pork roll but I'll give you a similar thing for us older folk. When I was young you did not get a photo copy you went and got a Xerox. Taylor makes the damn best pork roll around so to me either is right although here in the North you'd probably get a crooked eye walking into a deli and asking for a PEC

Babci was from Poland, we lived in Newark, she called it a pockabook and I guess I always have too!

Good morning, NJ DVC fam!

Bit of a ruckus on distwitter (not really, but I had to step in when I usually ignore stuff lol). A conversation in response to Boardwalk Deli menu, specifically NJ's famous crumb cake. People saying they've:
  • never heard of crumb cake, and;
  • if they have heard of it, it must be from NY/Long Island
I have never typed faster. Invited all of twitter to come on down to my hometown of Clifton and enjoy Styertowne Bakery's finest crumb cake and crumb buns, and cease the NJ crumb cake slander. It's one of the things we do best in our state and I'm hella proud of it.

Anyways, had to share. Hope y'all are staying cool and can enjoy some state-famous crumb cake soon! 😄
I agree with you. The crumb cake from Styertowne Bakery is absolutely the best!!

NJ native (Middlesex County) now living in DC w/ contracts at AKV & RIV. Came here to defend crumb cake! Getting it for Saturday morning breakfast from Vaccaro’s Bakery in Clark, and previously in Colonia, was always a great start to the weekend!

Last edited:
Haha I don't eat it anymore either! I used to though. And I am from the Monmouth County shore area, where we consider ourselves CENTRAL jersey! South jersey is like Barnegat and down lol. But that is another hot button topic!
Former MC Shore area resident and I can confirm, we are not South Jersey! I always based the SJ dividing line on the local TV stations you got - NY or Philly (going back to the days of roof antennas 🙄 ).

That being said, since CJ is kind of conflicted and a near mythical place that some don't believe in it's existence, I have seen some local diners and delis call it PR while others called it TH.

Last edited:
Grew up in North Jersey and live in the shore area now, I've always considered the North/South Jersey divide the Driscoll Bridge. Is that insane? Maybe! Do I care? No! Does Central Jersey exist? Get outta here with these questions. :p

I've been eating crumb cake from various Jersey bakeries all my life, if they're trying to rep New Jersey deli food they better learn about Taylor pork roll PDQ.:rotfl2:
Since becoming a central FL resident, I have been on the hunt for some food reminders of home and found an Italian Deli/Market near downtown Orlando that had a TEC sandwich that was pretty darn good! And for the record, yes, they called it Taylor Ham.

And on another FL Pork Roll note - I was shocked to see a 6 lb log of it in an Orlando BJ's! The BW Deli can easily get it if it want's to be authentic. I thought about picking one up but it would take me a year or two to go thru it, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter