New Journey Into Your Imagination featuring Figment

JeffH

Mouseketeer
Well the new attraction is open, and we rode it June 7th.
It was basically all redone incorporating Figment into each segment. This is a good thing, since Figment has a different way of looking at things. On the other hand, there is still not much to the attraction (especially comparing it to the original attraction which was packed with stuff everywhere to tickle the senses). Why they can't fill the space between exhibits with some sort of sensory tunnel to provide a better link between them instead of nothing.

Anyone else get a chance to ride it, yet? What did you think.

When we exited we also picked up some cute new commemoratative limited edition (only 3000!!!) Figment Bean Bags plush dolls.

I got to ride it today. While I thought they did a bang-up job on it (especially considering that it only took 9 months), I wanted to hear, see, and smell a few more things. There are some really wonderful effects, and I will definitely ride again (the last two show scenes are dripping with magic).

I was never a fan of the orignal ride. It always seemed extremely juvenile. The redo was the pits.
The new ride was a lot of fun. My wife and I both enjoyed it immensely, especially the surprise at the end (though this kind of thing is getting to be less surprising if you've been on the other two attractions, one in Vegas, the other in IOA, where this type of event occurs).
My five month daughter also loved it.

My DH forced the family to ride it SIX times
during our June visit. He loves Figment.
Opinions? 99% as good as the first one,
100% better than last year's Figment ride.

I never rode the original.

I thought the re-do was uninteresting and not entertaining.

Rode the new version on 6/4, and thought it was highly entertaining, but still not that interesting, if that makes sense. The sensory effects could be more involved, but still, it went from an attraction that we probably would have skipped to one that we won't likely miss in the future.

Hello all fellow Diz-Heads,

Just returned last week from good ol' Walt Disney World. A few thoughts before my Figment impressions:

- I will be the first to admit to all of you to save your vacation time and not go during the summer. Just skip it from May until mid September cause IT IS FRIGGIN' HOT PEOPLE! I went before in Aug. a couple of years earlier and this most recent trip just backed that up. I swear, I changed shirts twice in one day I just sweated myself until I could sweat no more. Yeesh!

- Disney best step it up in the next year or so. 100 Years is basicly four parades and a tribute to Walt walk through. Were is the major E Ticket ride that this "party" surely deserved? Not anywhere to be seen. But, for some reason, the "Leagues Lagoon" is still a big empty eyesoar, Mickey's Fair is still a lame duck impersonation of Disneyland (sorry Donald...heh), and Animal Kingdom can be done in four rides (Hester and Chester...well, it sucks).

NOW...ahem...Figment...

The ride is (Buzz) lightyears ahead of the 99' rehab. And yet, while riding it, it made me miss the old, old version with Dreamfinder even more. Personally, I wondered why they didn't add certain ride elements to the attraction, like maybe taking us through the lab of Wayne Szlynski (sp?) or Pro. Brainard (Flubber)...maybe have the flubber get under the car and bounce us around (a la Winnie the Pooh). Ah well...maybe on the next rehab (hee!).

All and all...do not miss the ride. It's fun and a tad bit longer than before. Mucho air conditioning for the summer heat.

Up, up and out!
- THe Disney Explorer

I agree with previous posts that the ride is much better that the first re-hab, but overall is....

OK

(Sighs slowly)
Looks like this is what we can expect these days, just OK.

The Friends of Figment, the International Fan Club for enthusiasts of the Disney Characters "Figment" and "The Dreamfinder", and their special guests cordially invite you to join us as we rededicate Kodak's Imagination! Pavilion in Epcot's Future World. The brief ceremony starting at 1:00pm on Thursday, June 27, 2002, will take place at the "Imagination Institute Reception Area" just inside the attraction entrance for Journey Into Imagination With Figment.

For more information go to http://www.friendsoffigment.org

We rode the new JII the week that it opened, on June 5, and it was just adorable! So glad to see Figment back, and so great to hear "One Little Spark", again! I thought that it was very well done....but I agree with the previous posters who mentioned that it made them miss the original version with Dream Finder, even more! Still, I really enjoyed it and was so happy that it was open, when we were down there!

From what I see (video, feedback, photo's) the new Figment is way better than JIYI, but still dosn't have the huge detail and attention the first one had.

...re-hab, did they include the song, "I-mahhh-ji-nay-shun, I-mahhh-ji-nay-shun..."??

Yes, at least Figment is back... but, once you've seen the creativity of the original, this version is indeed only one little spark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter