New Linens - Bed Scarves

MouseMomx2

DIS Veteran
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the promised bed scarves are now at both OKW and the BWV (and, perhaps, the other DVC resorts). They look great and keep the beds from looking like something is missing.

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that! If they're at BWV, it's a short walk from BCV, so let's hope they're there soon. Even a scarf that's solid color, but not white, would be an improvement there.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the promised bed scarves are now at both OKW and the BWV (and, perhaps, the other DVC resorts). They look great and keep the beds from looking like something is missing.

Wonderful! We had no bed scarf at BWV a couple of weeks ago. Any chance you can post photos?

Here are some pictures of the bed scarves at OKW. I think they were made from the old bedspreads.

Finally!

When we were at BWV a few weeks ago I added my own "scarf". :goodvibes

p488206029-4.jpg

I am guessing all of the resorts are using the old bedspreads for the bed scarves and that is why there has been a delay. Since OKW's and SSR's bedspreads we're fairly new this makes me happy. I hated the thought of them going to waste.

Sorry, but the OKW bedscarf is rather ugly. The spread was nicer looking.

Sorry, but the OKW bedscarf is rather ugly. The spread was nicer looking.

They have been made from the old bedspreads so it is exactly the same fabric. They actually look nicer in person. I was opposed to the removal of the bedspreads, but these look very nice, IMO.

When we were leaving SSR on Dec. 16 the basket outside our door with the clean linen looked like it had a bedscarf on top. The material looked familiar; it probably was the old bed spread.

They have been made from the old bedspreads so it is exactly the same fabric. They actually look nicer in person. I was opposed to the removal of the bedspreads, but these look very nice, IMO.

That may be, but they still look uglier than the entire bed covered.

I really don't see the big deal. It's not like you are living there for the next year. Most important thing is the bed is clean and comfortable, not the design of a scarf or bedspread.

Here's the thing though. clean is definitely important but most of us pay the exorbitant Disney prices for more then clean, I pay for EXPERIENCE and theming.

I could go to Cedar Point have a good, clean experience (CP in my experience has always been well maintained) and it would be much less expensive... But I appreciate the theming at Disney. Standardization is never a good sign in any theme or amusement park, just ask anyone who has been going to Knott's Berry Farm for years what they think of Cedar Fair's standardization...

A wonderful theme park that Cedar Fair seems intent on destroying any sense of theme or individuality to the park... Atleast until recently.

I don't want cheap "standardization" to become the rule and I'm afraid I see Disney heading that direction.

Jennifer

The thing is not everyone's taste is the same. I thought the picture of the OKW scarf was fine, another person thinks it's ugly. Some people took off the old bedspreads or comforters immediately when entering the room because of hygiene concerns, others had no problem sleeping under them and prefer they stayed. No matter what they do not everyone will agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter