New Look for Magicbands is official!

Eeeek I personally don't like them, would go as far to say hate. Why would they make them wider?!

Any word on whether the old bands could still be linked and work? Those look far too bulky for the kiddos and they actually love wearing the old ones and tapping Mickey.

Any word on whether the old bands could still be linked and work? Those look far too bulky for the kiddos and they actually love wearing the old ones and tapping Mickey.
These new devices are just a different form-factor. They don't change anything in the MB technology and existing MB's continue to work just fine.

And I just bought a Magic Your Band skin for my upcoming February trip. But I think I like the new ones better.

If it's a small screw, the easiest and cheapest thing to do is buy an eye glasses repair kit at the Dollar Tree or somewhere else. It's handy to have a small screw driver anyway in case your glasses, regular/sun, get loose. It wouldn't take up any room in a bag and I don't see why they wouldn't let you take one in. I also don't understand why a couple of screws makes it difficult, I like the added security of them.

At least twice last week I was glad I had a bit belt on my magic band or I probably would have lost it. It came undone during the half marathon, not sure if my garmin hit against it or I did bumped my arm but it came undone. There were also a few rides that caused it to pop out of the holes. I wore it snug, not loose like a bracelet, though I could slide it on and off my hands without unhooking it, one advantage to small wrists and hands.

Oh, that's not as bad as I thought. Thought it was literally going to be the hockey puck we saw earlier. Like the original ones more but it's too minor of a change for me to nitpick

This is going to be so huge on little kids wrists! It's going to look like it's taking up half their arm! hehe I even have small wrists and this is going to look so huge and silly. I thought the magic bands were already too big. Hope it's not heavy.

I agree with one of the previous posters - say I got a blue band and then popped it out and to put in a different band like a haunted mansion band where blue would definitely not match with a haunted mansion theme - just not going to look right. And will we have to pack a screwdriver with us?

I wonder what the lanyards will look like. Maybe the keychain and just attach it to my purse? I did get used to the magic band and liked it - it was great to not have to bring any wallet to the pool just wear the band and be able to buy a drink. But I don't think I will like this super large band on my arm swimming!

APs will get them first. They will start shipping for on site guests in December.

Any idea when in December? I declined our bands for our 12/27 trip, because I just don't need more. However, I wouldn't mind getting a set of the new ones to try them out.

Can I just check what happens if you 'decline' your magic bands? We've just chosen our colours and saw that option. I'm sure there's a good reason, I just don't know it :o

If you decline to get a MB, you can use old ones or just use your ticket. We have AP's and I regularly go to the park sans MB, using my AP card instead.

If you decline to get a MB, you can use old ones or just use your ticket. We have AP's and I regularly go to the park sans MB, using my AP card instead.
I didn't realise we could bring old ones back to re-use. We stay on site and usually have a split stay so end up with two new ones each year, I have always considered it a waste of money and resources but I'm going to question them this year about recycling our old ones for this year. Thanks for info

I didn't realise we could bring old ones back to re-use. We stay on site and usually have a split stay so end up with two new ones each year, I have always considered it a waste of money and resources but I'm going to question them this year about recycling our old ones for this year. Thanks for info

The front desk will take them from you to recycle, just be sure your actually done with them (not spending the day aroudn the parks/springs before you leave and need it to charge/food plan/tickets/fp+). Magical express happens to pick up next to the front desk to very convenient to turn them in if you don't want them for keepsakes.

Glad we will still be able to use the old style, but will we still be able to purchase them? I just bought custom MB for all 8 of us earlier this year, but might consider buying more if the old bands are being phased out for purchase. Maybe they'll keep the option at the create your own MB stations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter