New Luggage Tags for On Site Guests

We got only the gray tags and I admit that I was a little disappointed. Not in a major way of course but still.

In October our bands and tags matched. This trip we got all gray tags. That's fine with us. We have one of each!

:worried: We received our magic bands for our Dec trip but it did not include the luggage tags (even looked under the band holder)

For our party of 4 we all received different colored bands and all the luggage ID tags match each color. The QR codes on each tag are different and bring up a 5 digit number when scanned. Am going to guess that these QR's are unique to disney in that they can scan to identify owners etc. (Luggage held, lost, etc.). These would have nothing to do with the MDE tags as not everyone utilizes MDE but are still eligible to receive the luggage ID tags. Pretty good idea in my opinion. :-)

Anybody from Canada receive the new luggage tags in the mail or at the resort with your magic bands?

Anybody from Canada receive the new luggage tags in the mail or at the resort with your magic bands?
I received mine at the front desk when I checked in & got my magic band. This was in late Oct. At that time, they had enough in stock to match the tag with the colour of my magic band. I had ordered a blue band so received the blue Donald Duck luggage tag. However, latest word on the Boards is that they have run out of luggage tag colours except for gray so everyone lately has been receiving the same gray luggage tag.

Any idea what to do if you didn't get the tags? We just gt our first set of bands today. From what I can tell, we're getting three sets for our stay. Does that mean I should be getting tags in each box with the bands? So three sets of tags? Or will I just get tags in the last box? I'm going to keep reading through here, just wanted to get this posted now.

Does anyone know if this shortage issue has been cleared up yet?
Or are they still issuing the generic grey luggage tags?

Apparently they do have this cleared up now. Received my magicband today and the luggage tag matched! :cool1:Yeah, so looking forward to my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter