• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New MCO Hyatt policy for DCL luggage transfer?

FWIW, we stayed at the Hyatt two weeks ago and we had to bring our luggage down ourselves. The person at the front desk said they only offer the service if you booked the room through disney. I was surprised and asked since when, and he said about 2 weeks ago (so beginning to middle of June). I can tell you I didn't see a single person's luggage outside their room waiting to be picked up so I don't think anyone was aware of the change in policy!
Well this isn't cool.

Not cool if you have to book thru Disney.
If I can get a free room at the Hyatt I will haul my bags down myself vs paying dcl’s Hyatt rate to not haul luggage.

I contacted my TA who contacted Disney and they have added the Hyatt as my pickup location. So my bags will be transferred via Disney and I booked on my own not through Disney. I received a confirmation email from DCL stating my pick up is now they Hyatt.

I just called DCL and they told me to work it through my TA even though I didn’t book the Hyatt through my TA.

I hate this! Like it is so hard for them to just make a note on your reservation. This is why I never book through a TA, I want control over my own vacation. The travel agent should not "own" your vacation, unless they plan on paying for it themselves.

FWIW, we stayed at the Hyatt two weeks ago and we had to bring our luggage down ourselves. The person at the front desk said they only offer the service if you booked the room through disney. I was surprised and asked since when, and he said about 2 weeks ago (so beginning to middle of June). I can tell you I didn't see a single person's luggage outside their room waiting to be picked up so I don't think anyone was aware of the change in policy!

You leave the luggage INSIDE your room, not out. I would never leave my luggage just out in the hallway unintended. Who would do that?

This was our experience as well, the clerk mentioned it was a very recent change as in 1 week before our cruise. What I was able to do is use thier bell service to take our luggage down with us and he dropped it off at the truck going to the ship. Best 10 bucks I spent on this trip :)

pretty much everyone....on the last night of a cruise. :duck:

It sounded like you were talking about the Hyatt. They specifically tell you to leave your bags inside the room. Leaving your bags outside your room on the cruise is one thing. But I would never leave them outside just a normal hotel that anyone can just walk up and take. On the cruise, if someone takes your stuff then they would easily be able to identify them since they use facial recognition. Just some random hotel at the airport you would be SOL.

For my upcoming trip, Disney's price was at least $115 lower than Hyatt's and includes tax, making Disney's pricing an even better deal.
Ditto for a room for June 2019. Disney was cheaper than all the discount websites and hotel discount codes I could find.

Okay there's a lot of conflicting information going around, this is the bottom line, If you stay at the Hyatt MCO all you have to do is have your TA or you yourself can call DCL and tell them you are staying there and that you want to use the Luggage Transport Service to the Port. They'll make a note of it in your portfolio for your reservation. That's IT! You do NOT NEED TO make a reservation for the Hyatt trough Disney, you can make your own reservation, have you TA make them OR do it through Disney. It DOES NOT MATTER. Myself I'm staying there on my Hyatt points so I made the reservation myself, I just notified DCL I'm staying there and using the Luggage Service. When you check in to the hotel you will fill out a form (this is for the HOTEL) which will let them know which guests need to have luggage picked up to be taken and transferred to DCL at MCO and they will transport it to Port Canaveral. This change is only for DCL to verify how many guests will need to use this service, as a method for them to make sure ALL guests get their luggage transferred in a timely manner. Yes DCL should have implemented the policy on their website in a better fashion, but it doesn't change how things work! This is just a added step that gives them more control and let's DCL make sure you will get on board and so will your luggage!

Just booked Hyatt MCO for January (on Hyatt website) for a ridiculous rate... wondering if I’m going to get magical luggage transfer or if I should plan on schleping it down on our own. Anyone know anything new on this thread? :D

Just booked Hyatt MCO for January (on Hyatt website) for a ridiculous rate... wondering if I’m going to get magical luggage transfer or if I should plan on schleping it down on our own. Anyone know anything new on this thread? :D
I believe you now have to let (either DCL or Hyatt) know now that you want the luggage transferred from your room in the Hyatt to the DCL truck before you actually start your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter