• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Member: When to use banked points by

qbec99

Earning My Ears
Hi! New member here. I’m hoping I can gain some understanding about when banked points need to be used by.

I have the following points:

43 points as of 10/1/2021
83 points coming 10/1/2022

I want to book a trip using 43 + 83 points for a Feb 2023 trip. Can I bank my 43 points right now, and book the Feb 2023 trip using the 83 + 43 (total 126) points and expect them to all still be there and available when Feb 2023 rolls around? I plan to book the trip at the 11 month mark (March).

I would hate for the 43 points from Oct 2021 to expire because I don’t understand how they work. Feel free to explain it to me like I’m 5, ha ha! Thank you!

Your banking window for October is May. So, Oct 2021 points can be banked all the way up to May 31st, 2022.

Since you want to book Feb 2023, which is in your 2022 UY, just bank the 2021 points before you book and you’ll be fine! They system will use those first and then the 2022 UY points!

Just to clarify, you purchased a DVC contract resale, and the points above are what came with the contract? October Use-Year? If that's the case, and as long as the 43 points were not banked from 2020, you should be able to bank 43 points into the 2022 use-year, meaning you would have to use those 43 points by Sept 30, 2023, or lose them. Since you are looking to make a reservation in Feb, 2023 (which essentially falls within your 2022 October Use-Year), you could use all 126 points for that reservation. And, if you required more points, you could borrow up to 50% of your 2023 points for the Feb, 2023 reservation (based on current borrowing restrictions in place since Covid policies were put in place).

If your reservation requires less than the 126 points, the 43 'banked' points should/would be used first. So, for example, your Feb, 2023 trip requires 100 points. That reservation would then use the 43 banked points and 57 or your 2022 points - but the remaining 2022 points could then be banked into 2023. Hope some of this helps!

Your banking window for October is May. So, Oct 2021 points can be banked all the way up to May 31st, 2022.

Since you want to book Feb 2023, which is in your 2022 UY, just bank the 2021 points before you book and you’ll be fine! They system will use those first and then the 2022 UY points!
Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Just to clarify, you purchased a DVC contract resale, and the points above are what came with the contract? October Use-Year? If that's the case, and as long as the 43 points were not banked from 2020, you should be able to bank 43 points into the 2022 use-year, meaning you would have to use those 43 points by Sept 30, 2023, or lose them. Since you are looking to make a reservation in Feb, 2023 (which essentially falls within your 2022 October Use-Year), you could use all 126 points for that reservation. And, if you required more points, you could borrow up to 50% of your 2023 points for the Feb, 2023 reservation (based on current borrowing restrictions in place since Covid policies were put in place).

If your reservation requires less than the 126 points, the 43 'banked' points should/would be used first. So, for example, your Feb, 2023 trip requires 100 points. That reservation would then use the 43 banked points and 57 or your 2022 points - but the remaining 2022 points could then be banked into 2023. Hope some of this helps!
Very helpful! I appreciate your help, thank you! 😊

As a new member too, I have the same kind of question. I have tried to call for 2 days and have been unable to get through. Chat is also down.
I have a June UY with 103 points left for 2021. If I bank them, can I use them only for reservations starting on June 1, 2022? I have a reservation alredy for 6/10 that I want to add on. If I can't add on, then am I right in thinking I couldn't make a reservation for any earlier than June 1, 2022 using those banked points?
Sorry to jump on this thread. any help is appreciated!

As a new member too, I have the same kind of question. I have tried to call for 2 days and have been unable to get through. Chat is also down.
I have a June UY with 103 points left for 2021. If I bank them, can I use them only for reservations starting on June 1, 2022? I have a reservation alredy for 6/10 that I want to add on. If I can't add on, then am I right in thinking I couldn't make a reservation for any earlier than June 1, 2022 using those banked points?
Sorry to jump on this thread. any help is appreciated!

Once banked, those points will be eligible to be used for trips June 1st and on. Those points can then be used to add on to the June trip since that is in your June 2022 UY.

Its about the time the trip happens and not when you are booking. So bank today and then modify your trip and add on…it will now pull those banked points into that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter