• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New MK Paid Disney After Hours Event Announced

:dogdance:
As much as this costs, you will probably have to have a paid event ticket and wristband or whatever they provide just like the parties to stay inside the park.

You will have to leave, and yes at parties they check for event ticket and guide you out the gate.

You are not allowed without a paid event ticket like a Party night.

No discount on hours because you will be permitted in park the posted park hours. If a park is listed 9-7, that is it. If it says 8-10, that is it. Tickets are not based on total hours but rather operating hours.

Some Halloween and Christmas party dates (usually less popular) are discounted a couple dollars for AP holders but not many. That probably will not apply here unless it becomes long term.

Pretend it is like the Holiday Parties.
Ahhhhh, OK! I've never seen to one of the parties.. I've got it now, thanks!

I didn't skim through more than the first couple and last handful of pages...this is a HUGE money grab. <sarcasm on>Free ice cream and pop between 11PM and 2AM...yeah they are going to really taking a beating on that<sarcasm off>.

If this was being offered during a week I had already planned out, and they cut out EMH for that week in order to increase interest in this, I'd be angry...VERY ANGRY.

4 or 5 of these $$-grabbing events ARE being held WHEN we would have been staying DVC. I am GLAD we cancelled!! We have Platinum APs, and the idea of paying $150 each for just a handful of rides & soda we don.t drink is outrageous! NEXT Disney will make Wishes & MSEP special ticketed events for $150 by closing MK @ 7 for those who already bought " daytime " Tix, but do NOT want to shell out an additional NON-refundable $150 to enjoy the nighttime entertainment & enjoy ANY rides @ night!

One report going around from an unnamed board that at least one of the event nights had MK closing hours reduced from 12 AM to 10 PM the second the events were announced. If that's the case it would be either April 28 or May 5 (or both) as those are the only event nights with a 10 PM closing. More fuel for the fire.

Valuable benefit to staying onsite without EMH? Proximity. That'd be it. I guess that most Disney resort guests are interested in Disney resorts in the first place because of proximity, and not EMH.

Glad we cancelled our DVC stay for THIS time period. They would have cheated us out of our MK evening hours. SO MUCH time goes into planning our trips, & they want to take AWAY previously announced hours & make you PAY extra!! Like it's NOT enough that we already paid for the Premium Annual Passes?! Maybe they will start blacking -out evening hours @ MK for ALL Tix types. SO your Tix are ONLY good for MK up until 7pm!! Wishes & MSEP will require $150 " Party " hard Tix. Oh, AND NO FP+ for Wishes or MSEP viewing!! But your $150 guarantees " low " crowds.

Glad we cancelled our DVC stay for THIS time period. They would have cheated us out of our MK evening hours. SO MUCH time goes into planning our trips, & they want to take AWAY previously announced hours & make you PAY extra!! Like it's NOT enough that we already paid for the Premium Annual Passes?! Maybe they will start blacking -out evening hours @ MK for ALL Tix types. SO your Tix are ONLY good for MK up until 7pm!! Wishes & MSEP will require $150 " Party " hard Tix. Oh, AND NO FP+ for Wishes or MSEP viewing!! But your $150 guarantees " low " crowds.

Did they change the park hours to close early for these events? Does anyone know for sure or are they just assuming? There are tons of assumptions and speculations, it really does nobody any good to get so upset about something that you don't even know is surely happening.

Did they change the park hours to close early for these events? Does anyone know for sure or are they just assuming? There are tons of assumptions and speculations, it really does nobody any good to get so upset about something that you don't even know is surely happening.

Everyone is just speculating and guessing, and making outlandish claims to generate further outrage. The fact is this is an additional event after hours, it starts at 11pm and runs until 2am, and each night it is running on the park was already scheduled to close at 11pm.

I don't understand the outrage. If you think it's too much or don't find value, don't go. It's not cutting into your park time, it's an extra. Don't be mad because maybe you can't afford it. I'm not going to do it, because I can't justify the price (more than $200 per person after the currency exchange), but I'm not mad that Disney is offering this EXTRA (because I notice some people like to use caps to really emphasize on here) for people who can afford it or do see value.

Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know how they're gonna convince people to go to this. I'm sure some still will, but the price is too ridiculous even considering the most expensive other pricing for most Disney goers to consider going to this

I AGREE. But enough may believe Disney's ads saying you won't have to wait long for 7DMT, etc.

ALSO, Disney may ALREADY have HUGE price increases in the works for the Halloween & Christmas Parties, and the outrageous price for the ice cream & soda MK " Party " Event, will make a $150/$200/$250 pp Halloween or Christmas Party seem like a " bargain " by comparison!!!

What time does Universal typically close??
The latest I've seen any UNI park stay open is 10 but only during crowded periods. It's a shame because parts of UNI are gorgeous at night.

I don't think that you need as many hours to see what UNI has though particularly if you have Express.

I AGREE. But enough may believe Disney's ads saying you won't have to wait long for 7DMT, etc.

ALSO, Disney may ALREADY have HUGE price increases in the works for the Halloween & Christmas Parties, and the outrageous price for the ice cream & soda MK " Party " Event, will make a $150/$200/$250 pp Halloween or Christmas Party seem like a " bargain " by comparison!!!
I actually was thinking that would be a possibility. In which case the amount of tickets sold would definitely go way down as it'd still be a ripoff even considering usual pricing. We finally did MVMCP last year but we definitely wouldn't do a party if the cost is more than an entire day

Everyone is just speculating and guessing, and making outlandish claims to generate further outrage. The fact is this is an additional event after hours, it starts at 11pm and runs until 2am, and each night it is running on the park was already scheduled to close at 11pm.

I don't understand the outrage. If you think it's too much or don't find value, don't go. It's not cutting into your park time, it's an extra. Don't be mad because maybe you can't afford it. I'm not going to do it, because I can't justify the price (more than $200 per person after the currency exchange), but I'm not mad that Disney is offering this EXTRA (because I notice some people like to use caps to really emphasize on here) for people who can afford it or do see value.

I am right there with ya = aka no reason to get nor be mad, etc.:goodvibes

1) ME? With all this nonsense about EMH and DAD combined with the DISNey Hotel parking and or Resort fee addage, I am CHOOSING to offset this by bumping down my future Hotel stays from a "Moderate" level Guest to a "Value Guest" and pocket the savings; which will be about $50 to $60/night once you factor back in the Resort/Parking fee.

2) Moreover, I was once a "Breakfast With Minnie" fan but I am now choosing to eat elsewhere - possibly a "Chef Mickey" or Breakfast with Goofy or shoot, I just might even eat at the reatauarant at Pop Century and save some money there as well.

So, in a weird and rather strange way, I have to really thank the DISney Executives :thanks:
for waking me up financially and realizing that I can still experience the "DISney Magic", Pixie Dust and what not:idea:
....... while not being robbed blind financially in the process.:teleport:

I am comfortable with this change in my future Disney plans.

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

I am through being angry about these events.

We can afford these events, but refuse to attend as they are simply incredibly bad values. Like I said previously, they can roll out Walt's frozen head and it would not justify the $50 per person, per hour cost. You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

I am resigned to the fact that most likely they will extend this into the summer months and while the closing times at MK have yet to be adjusted, I am positive these events will be added in lieu of what was a normal closing time of 1 am in years past.

I am slowly bringing my wife over to the dark side to join me in cancelling the trip. I want to do 1 more long Disney trip while the kids were younger in age, but there are also many other places in this world I would love to visit with them as well.

I refuse to be a sheep for Shanghai. The Disney execs need to pay for the mistakes overseas, not those of us who support domestic Disney parks.

Last edited:
There is a history of things at Disney that used to be free, and now they aren't. Remember when Park Hopping was free to anyone who bought a multi-day passport, now you pay. Also, for years tickets never expired. Then for a while they charged for the no-expiration option, then eliminated it all together.

Who knows what will happen here with this. It seems like a test. An expensive test. It may not affect the current EMH program, but then again maybe it will. We won't know until it happens. It does seem like Disney is testing the waters on how best to charge for some of these currently "free" perks via Resort fees vs separately ticketed events that are very, very similar to a currently free perk for resort guests. Only time will tell.

So basically, we are expected to pay full gate price for 3 extra magical hours, that used to be free? I think, some of us called this, when they cut back on the original EMH. :sad2:

FTR..no. We won't pay extra $$$

If they are going to have a special party starting at 7pm, why not START it at 7pm. Then all the people who paid regular park admission to utilize the park til party time would be able to enjoy what they paid for.
I don't think you will be happy if you go expecting not to run into this problem. It is already happening with the special parties!

I hear you. I think the "7:00 Party Starting at 4:00" is targeted at the party people, not the rest of us; it's a bonus for them to get an "extra" three hours (4:00-7:00, then their "paid" party hours), but not so much for regular guests who in effect get their hours reduced by that three-hour overlap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter