New MK Tomorrowland Sign

Not exactly a park attraction or strategy, but I thought this was worthy of its own mention. The slow transition of Tomorrowland back to a variation of its old modern style continues.

Personally I love it and can’t wait to see future changes in the land. (Ahem, those rocks)

What does everyone think?

I like it. I want to see it at night as the real test. I think the whole land is going simpler so once done it will be fine. Right now I get it looks plain to some. Other than Adventureland and Storybook Circus there aren't signs for other lands.

Old one looked awesome at night with all the lights and backdrop of lighting but during the day I didn't even notice it. I like this has clean smooth lines. They are also removing lots of the excess trim and decor so maybe the whole theme will go back to clean.

I was talking to DS2 and I thought maybe the whole look would be sleek clean modern and he suggested it perhaps will be mid century modern like Space Mountain. MCM is very popular right now and it is classic modern. He says that sign fits MCM. I said that won't go with Tron and he says ..... "That was an artist rendering of other but perhaps it won't look anything like the other on the outside. The ride will be the same but perhaps the building will not." 🤔

Currently Tomorrowland is a mixture of lots of different looks that don't go together. They started the steampunk look with AstroOrbiter then did nothing else. It's like a dining table full of leftovers. I hope they have a really good idea for a full overhaul cosmetically, and a few attraction fixes as well.

Loooking forward to seeing it. Tomorrowland has needed a remake for way too long. Hopefully, with Tron coming, that will push the rehab it needs and get one cohesive theme.

I don't like it in WDW. Maybe somewhere else, but not WDW.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan. This one looks too minimalistic to me. I don't remember anything before the sign this replaced, so there's no nostalgia factor for me. Maybe it will grow on me, but the old version was fun to have in photos and this one feels like it will just be something in the way of a good shot.

I like it-it frames those rocks along the bridge. As for the signs in other lands, I love the Adventureland sign! I think Cinderella's Castle provides a great marker for Fantasyland, and think one in Liberty Square would detract from that area. It's a pretty wide span from Liberty Square into Frontierland, and kind of transitions with the buildings, but one past the Pirates ride leading into Frontierland might be nice. Of course since Frontierland isn't directly off the Hub I suppose it isn't necessary.

I'm kind of torn. I liked the previous sign, and I kind of like the new one. However, I feel it may be a bit to minimalist/generic. It doesn't have much appeal unless you are looking at from the main side. Maybe a phrase on the other half as you are leaving, idk haha.

For me, The word, "Tomorrowland" is too small and needs to be a color. It's hard to notice and hard to read.:magnify:

I like it-it frames those rocks along the bridge. As for the signs in other lands, I love the Adventureland sign! I think Cinderella's Castle provides a great marker for Fantasyland, and think one in Liberty Square would detract from that area. It's a pretty wide span from Liberty Square into Frontierland, and kind of transitions with the buildings, but one past the Pirates ride leading into Frontierland might be nice. Of course since Frontierland isn't directly off the Hub I suppose it isn't necessary.

Liberty Square does have a sign. Simple colonial looking to match the land.

Frontierland has theirs walking past Pirates towards Pecos Bills.

Last edited:
Looks like there is a possible track along the inside of the sign’s ring. Maybe something with be attached there and possibly moving.

Any idea of it's lighted? All of the pictures I've found are all during the day. My first reaction is with all the price increases this is ALL we get? The word TOMORROWLAND in what looks like a small font compared to the size of the sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter