New MK Welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

i am not a fan of this. We loved the old welcome show. I am seeing a lot of flack about PPO ADRs and not getting an empty mainstreet, but I don't think that's going to be the case if you are getting there at 7:45 for a 9:00 park opening. I would think the earliest they would open mainstreet would be 8:00. I can't see them spending the extra money to have CM's at their posts more than an hour early. The return wouldn't be worth it.

So if we have an 8:00 am ADR at BOG and the park opens at 9:00 we would still get in before the masses????

Really, I think this is a great idea. With all of the crazy things that have happened in this world in the last several years, I'm sure Disney has realized what an easy target the MK is at opening time. I have never been to rope drop at Disney for this reason. I don't want to be a sitting duck along with all the other people crammed in, waiting to get into the tapstyles.

So if we have an 8:00 am ADR at BOG and the park opens at 9:00 we would still get in before the masses????
Yeah. You're gonna need 5-10 to walk back to BOG, so I'd assume you're showing up at 7:45-7:50. They won't let in guests that early.

The first day, they let people with PPO reservations in at 7:45 and the rest of the guests in at 7:50.

The last few days, everyone was let in at 7:45.

Any insight into how this affects lines for Mickey and Tink at Town Square Theater? Is it open when guests are waiting for the new show to start? We normally go straight to see Mickey at rope drop on our 2nd MK day. I need to know if I need to adjust plans to get there early now that this change is in effect.

I heard this show is super short and awful. Is this true? Has anyone seen it?

It is 5 minutes long - the old one was about 6.5

It's different. I've seen this one 3 times, and I love it. To the point that it has now become a part of my weekend schedule (and I am not a morning person).
The old show was wonderful, but it was packed in the entry area and hard to get a good view. I think I saw that show maybe 3 times in 2 years because of the crowd situation.
The fact that they no longer have a family of the day is kind of a bummer since that was a special touch. But the new format of being on Main Street before opening and getting to choose where you want to start the day really seems to make Rope Drop less of a race

Any insight into how this affects lines for Mickey and Tink at Town Square Theater? Is it open when guests are waiting for the new show to start? We normally go straight to see Mickey at rope drop on our 2nd MK day. I need to know if I need to adjust plans to get there early now that this change is in effect.

I will keep an eye out this weekend to see what happens if no one answers. Generally, character lines do not open early, so I would not expect the lines to build dramatically at opening. The biggest change would be walking up and down Main Street if you choose to watch the show at the castle

You and I might like it if it's easier to get an ADR. But that means less demand and I'm not sure if Disney will like it.

I'll be curious to see how this pans out. If it's wall to wall people, it doesn't sound very pleasant. They fill Main Street at DL most mornings before dropping the internal ropes to the other lands. It's not very fun really, just packed in people. But I couldn't even tell you if their shops are open. I know photos wouldn't be possible since everyone is really squished into that limited space.

I agree, I personally am disappointed as I scheduled my breakfasts before people entered the park so we could enjoy a quite walk down main street to crystal palace. I enjoy an empty main street in the morning. But it will make it easier in the sense of the mad rush through the entrance. You win some you lose some I guess?

I will keep an eye out this weekend to see what happens if no one answers. Generally, character lines do not open early, so I would not expect the lines to build dramatically at opening. The biggest change would be walking up and down Main Street if you choose to watch the show at the castle
Thanks that would be great. I, and I'm sure many others, would appreciate it.

"With more guests arriving early to the Magic Kingdom park, we are enhancing the morning arrival experience by opening Main Street USA earlier than the rest of the park.
Guest will be able to get a head start on their day they as enjoy the early morning charm of Main Street USA with photo opportunities, breakfast options and shopping before the park officially opens.
A new welcome show will debut at Cinderella Castle stage Jan 9th"

Thanks to @yulilin3 for this
Do we know if this is a "temporary thing" ie only until ___ date?

at first I thought pffffbt I like the old opening with the train.
however. this coming trip I have newbies with me, and while I like to go go go, they are going to want to ooh and ahhh. so the idea of being able to have some castle shots and do some of those things that people stop to do before go go go is a good thing.

What time can you go in at, ie if park opens at 9am?

Do we know if this is a "temporary thing" ie only until ___ date?

at first I thought pffffbt I like the old opening with the train.
however. this coming trip I have newbies with me, and while I like to go go go, they are going to want to ooh and ahhh. so the idea of being able to have some castle shots and do some of those things that people stop to do before go go go is a good thing.

What time can you go in at, ie if park opens at 9am?
This is a permanent change. Park has been opening at 8AM with only main street open. The lands are all roped off until 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter