New name for Disney Studios

I'm not a fan of the name, but I'm looking forward to the revamp that is coming along with it!

I don't love the name, it's too close to Adventureland and Disney World so I can see people getting confused. There's also Chessington World of Adventures in the UK so it doesn't feel uniquely Disney.

That being said, the overhaul is really exciting and I love the new concept art we got today!

There's also Chessington World of Adventures in the UK so it doesn't feel uniquely Disney.
But is that not only a thing for people in the UK, maybe Ireland? I don't think anyone outside the UK knows about Chessington.

But is that not only a thing for people in the UK, maybe Ireland? I don't think anyone outside the UK knows about Chessington.
Possibly, I've never been there so don't know if anyone outside of the UK visits! But there's enough advertising that it's the first thing I thought of when I heard the name.

There's other examples too, PortAventura has started using PortAventura World to refer to their resort in Spain, and Universal has Islands of Adventure in Florida, so when I hear Adventure World it doesn't automatically make me think Disney.

Possibly, I've never been there so don't know if anyone outside of the UK visits! But there's enough advertising that it's the first thing I thought of when I heard the name.

There's other examples too, PortAventura has started using PortAventura World to refer to their resort in Spain, and Universal has Islands of Adventure in Florida, so when I hear Adventure World it doesn't automatically make me think Disney.
That's definitely true. It not very creative.
Habits die hard. Still plenty of people who refer to the parks as EuroDisney.

I'm sad about the name change, I have such fondness for Walt Disney Studios. I've always loved the movie theming. I'm glad they will retain some of that Hollywood theming in the revamped studio one. Excited for the expansion and have everything crossed that we will get our own Galaxy's edge at some point. The new name is just seems very generic and uninspired.

The rebrand makes sense. We'll probably see similar renaming some day at Hollywood Studios.

Might also suggest more immersive experiences in the pipeline.

I have to say that the new name is a logical step. The park has nothing more to do with a Studio theme and with the new areas (Frozen ...) it will be even harder.

We can discuss the new name but I think is ok.

It sounds better and more exciting than the main park. :crazy2:

I have to say that the new name is a logical step. The park has nothing more to do with a Studio theme and with the new areas (Frozen ...) it will be even harder.

We can discuss the new name but I think is ok.

It sounds better and more exciting than the main park. :crazy2:

That's my thought as well. The entire concept of a "movie" is even nebulous these days, makes no sense to call back to the old days of film when that is not how younger generations think of content. Disney has always been about looking to the future, and thinking in terms of the golden age of Hollywood doesn't do anything to inspire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter