*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

15 days to go!

I've been having ongoing nightmares about our plane being delayed, our dog running away right before we are set to leave... I can't take it anymore!

OMG...This kinda happened to us in November. We left on a Friday afternoon and made it to Tallahassee. That night our dog sitter told us that our little dog had gotten out. They had been searching for her for an hour but could not find her. I was in a panic! They finally did find her and she was ok...just a little scared. But it was horrible!

Thank you! I've ordered the Photo Plass+ despite my reserves after reading reviews about blurry shots and not so great photos. I"m hopeful the most important ones turn out well.

We have had photopass several times and only got a few blurry shots. The thing you will want to do is take multiple shots of the same iconic scene.
Every park entrance has several photogs at varying distances. The lines aren't long off season.

Tip: ALWAYS ask if they have any "magic" shots. Some do and some don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. The best one we ever got was at the right side of the castle on the bridge. He had us line up and hold on to each other as if the first person was being lifted away with her arm extended toward the sky, (grabbing legs, on the ground pulling back etc.) The pic had a huge bunch of balloons in it and it was adorable.

OMG...This kinda happened to us in November. We left on a Friday afternoon and made it to Tallahassee. That night our dog sitter told us that our little dog had gotten out. They had been searching for her for an hour but could not find her. I was in a panic! They finally did find her and she was ok...just a little scared. But it was horrible!
Not helping it!! :eek::scared1:

My oldest is so easily scared and I'm worried about him. He's not very social with other dogs, even at home he prefers to be around me rather than our other dog and our sitter is only around for a couple of hours a day.

13 days till we check in at POR, and my DD woke up with a fever of 101.9!!!! Do you all take your kids to the Dr. Right away or wait to see if the Motrin takes are of it? I'm afraid if I wait whatever she has will get worse, and if we go to the Dr. She will catch something worse from the other sick kids!

Not helping it!! :eek::scared1:

My oldest is so easily scared and I'm worried about him. He's not very social with other dogs, even at home he prefers to be around me rather than our other dog and our sitter is only around for a couple of hours a day.

Sorry!!! I am sure they will all be fine! Our dog got out because we don't have a fenced in backyard. She usually doesn't leave the yard but she was scared of the sitter and refused to go back inside. Needless to say when we got home the first thing my husband did was build a fence!! We are leaving our fur babies again in February...I debated on sending them to one of those doggy boarding/hotels but in the end decided that keeping them at home was better. At least they are somewhere familiar to them.

Don't worry about your fur babies!

ThreeKMom said:
13 days till we check in at POR, and my DD woke up with a fever of 101.9!!!! Do you all take your kids to the Dr. Right away or wait to see if the Motrin takes are of it? I'm afraid if I wait whatever she has will get worse, and if we go to the Dr. She will catch something worse from the other sick kids!

With so much flu going around, I'd take her. If its more than a cold, you can get meds right away so she'll be better before you leave.

Take your baby to the Dr. I wasn't going to go to the clinic yesterday, but I'm glad I did! I have bronchitis. It's just the start of it, but I got some antibiotics and a new inhaler. I feel a little better today. Good thing because we only have 10 days to go!! =)

Oh man- I just finished our Animal Kingdom t-shirts yesterday (thanks to the cricut) and have 2 more sets of t-shirts to finish before we go. I also went to the Dollar tree to get stuff for Disney to surprise the kids along the way and spent close to $50 ! I was shocked but I was also buying crap for 3 kids so I had to get 3 of each item (glow sticks, coloring books, etc). I haven't even started packing yet and have ordered the photopass + the other day. I can't believe how much planning these trips take and in some ways it makes me frustrated that I am doing all the work and everyone else in our group gets to just show up for the fun. Who am I kidding though, I'd worry the whole time if someone else was in charge. Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing many of you in the parks Feb. 4-9 when we are there. Let me know if there is something that people wear that shows they are on these boards.

Thank you! I've ordered the Photo Plass+ despite my reserves after reading reviews about blurry shots and not so great photos. I"m hopeful the most important ones turn out well.

How long does it take to receive the card? We leave in 16 days.

I ordered mine 2/9 and it came to the house via USPS on 2/19. I wouldn't worry. You will get tracking info. My estimated delivery date was for the 22nd.

I think that I have watched every Caribbean Beach Resort video tour or review that there is on the internet :badpc: . I have never been so obsessed with anything in my life. After the Patriots loss, I spilled the beans and told my wife that we were going on our first family Disney vacation. It only made the loss a little less painful.

After my last post of random ramblings I totally forgot to ask my questions:

1. I have a 3,5 and 7 year old. I am taking a stroller for the 3 year old but do I need to plan on something for the 5 and 7 year olds?

2. What is your "don't forget to pack....." tip(s)?

1. I have a 3,5 and 7 year old. I am taking a stroller for the 3 year old but do I need to plan on something for the 5 and 7 year olds?

Do you have a double stroller? I am renting a double for my 2 and 6 year old. She is fit and athletic but I am getting it just in case. Her little legs aren't used to all the walking we are going to be doing.

Sorry!!! I am sure they will all be fine! Our dog got out because we don't have a fenced in backyard. She usually doesn't leave the yard but she was scared of the sitter and refused to go back inside. Needless to say when we got home the first thing my husband did was build a fence!! We are leaving our fur babies again in February...I debated on sending them to one of those doggy boarding/hotels but in the end decided that keeping them at home was better. At least they are somewhere familiar to them.

Don't worry about your fur babies!
I'm in a mild panic over leaving them (2 dogs and 2 cats) because this is the first time there won't be anybody home while we are gone. All other times I had one of my relatives come and stay with them but this time they were all busy.

I had the same thought about the boarding/hotels. I think they will feel better staying somewhere they are familiar with even if they'll be alone most of the time.

I'm sure they'll be alright in the end. :goodvibes

I'm in a mild panic over leaving them (2 dogs and 2 cats) because this is the first time there won't be anybody home while we are gone. All other times I had one of my relatives come and stay with them but this time they were all busy.

I had the same thought about the boarding/hotels. I think they will feel better staying somewhere they are familiar with even if they'll be alone most of the time.

Our dog usually goes to stay with my FIL when we are away but this time he can only take care of him for half the week so my MIL said she could come to our house and feed him/let him out. I still worry though because he really loves being around people and I don't know how long she will be able to stick around and spend time with him. When we are away for 2 days she is willing to sleep over our house but since we're talking 5 days now, I don't know if she can do that. :( I really worry about him, it would break my heart if anything happened to him. I know it's pointless to worry and I am sure he will be fine, but I worry none the less!

We have had photopass several times and only got a few blurry shots. The thing you will want to do is take multiple shots of the same iconic scene.
Every park entrance has several photogs at varying distances. The lines aren't long off season.

Tip: ALWAYS ask if they have any "magic" shots. Some do and some don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. The best one we ever got was at the right side of the castle on the bridge. He had us line up and hold on to each other as if the first person was being lifted away with her arm extended toward the sky, (grabbing legs, on the ground pulling back etc.) The pic had a huge bunch of balloons in it and it was adorable.

Our favorite Magic Shot was right in front of the castle on Main Street. They had the kids stand with their backs to the castle and hold their hands out flat. When I check on the PP website, they had put Tinkerbell right into their hands! So adorable!

Maybe they can take turns? They should be alright if you don't power through everything.

We aren't bringing one this year for my 5 and 7 year old. They know, it's walk or go back to the resort. Last trip we ended up having to go buy strollers at Target after the first day!

We will take it slower this trip than we did last trip - I was lovingly dubbed the 'Autograph Nazi.'

Don't forget to pack: Sunglasses! Forgot mine. Had to buy some. Your camera with memory cards and camera battery charger!

I completely understand this!! We're leaving our 2 young dogs for the first time, my brother is coming down to stay with them. At least so far he is, he's known to change his mind last minute! he's not the most responsible person out there so I'll be a bit worried.

This is my LAST day off til vacation!!! well 11straight days of work then we leave! So i have to pack today. Accuweather changed again, looks like it'll be a bit colder than i thought :furious: but mostly sunny.

LucyBC80 said:
15 days to go!

I've been having ongoing nightmares about our plane being delayed, our dog running away right before we are set to leave... I can't take it anymore!

My latest dream was that my husband and kids went on all if the rides without me. I had to stand in line behind them and watch then leave me. You should know that in real life, I'm the "ride" person and DH is not.

Our dog usually goes to stay with my FIL when we are away but this time he can only take care of him for half the week so my MIL said she could come to our house and feed him/let him out. I still worry though because he really loves being around people and I don't know how long she will be able to stick around and spend time with him. When we are away for 2 days she is willing to sleep over our house but since we're talking 5 days now, I don't know if she can do that. :( I really worry about him, it would break my heart if anything happened to him. I know it's pointless to worry and I am sure he will be fine, but I worry none the less!

With cats it's easier to leave them home alone a few days especially if they are two or more. My cats doesn't get along so well anymore. I don't know why. So now if I'm away more than 2 days I get my parents to catsit them at their house.

This time I'm on holiday for 32 days so my cats will live at my parents house.

I had a dream last night that I was in the World of Disney shop at DTD to by some souvenirs. And I couldn't find what I was after :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter