New Orleans Square replacing Frontierland?

Whatever they do, I just hope WDW doesn't job CBJ. I really love golden era WDW and tearing CBJ out would make me sad. I could see a New Orleans Square themed area between POTC and TIANA, but keeping and expanding Frontierland would seem like a smart option.

I'm still on board with a Coco themed coaster with a bed a flowers beneath you and it could be set in Santa Cecilia (?) type styled land area.

I think CBJ is too iconic to get rid of fully. I think the building will be rethemed and the content will be rethemed with newer updated electronic animatronics, new songs, story etc. to fit NO square. Or moved entirely to somewhere in Liberty Square.

Does it make sense to have a Tom Sawyer's Island in a state where kids probably won't be able to read Tom Sawyer in school? :laughing: 😥
I know people won't like this opinion but we're rapidly approaching a time period where Tom Sawyer is a bit of an afterthought, I mean classic literature for sure. But so is Romeo and Juliet, doesn't mean it needs to be featured in a Disney park...just my worthless .02

I watched a vlog on this romour to and to be fair his past productions have all been true, I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened. He’s normally right

Last edited:
I watched a vlog on this romour to and to be fair his past productions have all been true, I wouldn’t be supris if this happened. He’s normally right
Braden from "Mickey Views" is usually pretty good. Hard to believe that a guy who looks like he just got back from a boy scout camping trip gets this much inside scoop but he has been right before.

When Tom Corless says its going to happen, then I will start printing my NO Square T-shirts.

Part of the rumor is developing the backside of Big Thunder and around Tom Sawyer Island to the Haunted Mansion.

A moving, functioning river boat is sort of the limiting factor in so much development there. I'd hate to see it go........but....

If you dry docked the river boat, or land locked it, you could develop all around Tom Sawyer Island, you could put a static bridge out to it etc.

To maintain that river boat, they need to maintain the railroad swing bridge along with the new swing bridge on the path to Grand Floridian. I assume the rafts use that water way as well to get to boat maintenance, but I'm sure they could be put on a small trailer if needed, and might be done that way already.
I would love to see big thunder add some elements like the Paris version, with tunnels and the like.
Heck you could turn the island into a villains lair and restaurant.

Of course the riverboat screams New Orleans, so can't ditch it, but having it loop around the island adds some logistical hurdles.

View attachment 754066

This picture has been floating around. I think something like this will happen.
Where does that leave Tom Sawyer's Island?

I've wondered how popular the island is but only because we don't usually go there. Kind of only do it when we're showing the park to people who haven't been or something like that. Just don't like having to wait for the raft to get across. But maybe it's pretty popular with others.

Where does that leave Tom Sawyer's Island?

I've wondered how popular the island is but only because we don't usually go there. Kind of only do it when we're showing the park to people who haven't been or something like that. Just don't like having to wait for the raft to get across. But maybe it's pretty popular with others.
I said it in this thread earlier but I think it’s days are just numbered. I mean I could be way off base but I go regularly and never visit either. I think the majority of people would agree with us that it’s just not very popular.

I said it in this thread earlier but I think it’s days are just numbered. I mean I could be way off base but I go regularly and never visit either. I think the majority of people would agree with us that it’s just not very popular.

I think the island itself is fine, but the getting to and from it is cumbersome. I do believe if they were to create foot bridge, it would become more popular, but also they could put other things there. It would impede the riverboat though, so that's the tradeoff.

I think the island itself is fine, but the getting to and from it is cumbersome. I do believe if they were to create foot bridge, it would become more popular, but also they could put other things there. It would impede the riverboat though, so that's the tradeoff.
I agree a footbridge would help for sure.

I’ve seen people speculate they could fill in the river entirely to create lots of expansion space. I think that’s a long shot, but they only have one big expansion slot left behind thunder mountain, so I do think they’ll have to think outside the box to create more space

I’ve seen people speculate they could fill in the river entirely to create lots of expansion space. I think that’s a long shot, but they only have one big expansion slot left behind thunder mountain, so I do think they’ll have to think outside the box to create more space

Honestly, MK has the most attractions. The other parks really need to add more. They have an empty slot in Tomorrowland - they should fill that at least before doing anything drastic.

No footbridge would just bring in the noise and it would no longer be an island. They would get rid of the rafts since cheaper to operate foot bridge.

The whole point of Tom Sawyer island is to get away from civilization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter