• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Owner!

DisneyGuy758

Let's go Murphys!
Good morning everyone!

My father and I have recently bought in to DVC, and call Copper Creek home. This year, my family is using points and staying at AKL Jambo House, in a one bedroom Villa. I'm very excited, because no one else knows this yet. Seeing as this is my first time using the DVC, what can I expect from it all? I've read up on some of the member benefits, but was wondering if anyone out there had some tips or pointers. I'm always looking to read up on anything Disney!

Thanks!

First, congratulations.
Always ask for a discount. Have your card handy. Keeping track of the different discounts is impossible for most people. Just ask.
Have a great trip.

Welcome! Just be prepared to relax! There’s no better feeling than knowing you will be back. Our first few trips we were still up and at the parks for rope drop. More recently, we are lucky if we leave the room before noon, when we travel in the summer we might not even leave before 4!

I bought this phone case a few years ago specifically for Disney to hold my license, annual pass and DVc card. Works great and I actually use it all the time at home too. Completely stopped carrying a purse.

https://www.amazon.com/Silk-iPhone-...ateway&sprefix=silk+phone+&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Congratulations! I’m fairly new to DVC also. Our last trip was our first stay in a DVC room, and it was wonderful! I know everyone says this, but you really do feel at home and your touring plans totally change. Everything was more relaxed. We didn’t feel like we had to do everything because we already knew we’d be back. We tried new things instead of sticking with the tried-and-true favorites. We spent more time taking in the sights and exploring the resort. Somehow being a member completely changes the whole experience!

We’re enjoying the idea of trying something new each trip. We visited the EPCOT member lounge last time. Future trip to-do items include visiting the TOTWL, trying out some tours, and attending a moonlight magic event!

Good morning everyone!

My father and I have recently bought in to DVC, and call Copper Creek home. This year, my family is using points and staying at AKL Jambo House, in a one bedroom Villa. I'm very excited, because no one else knows this yet. Seeing as this is my first time using the DVC, what can I expect from it all? I've read up on some of the member benefits, but was wondering if anyone out there had some tips or pointers. I'm always looking to read up on anything Disney!

Thanks!

Congratulations and welcome home! Some say for their first stay they received some pixie dust, while others say they didn't. My advice would be to keep an eye out for pixie dust but to not be disappointed if you don't get any. After all, at least you'll be in DW. :)

Congratulations and welcome home! Some say for their first stay they received some pixie dust, while others say they didn't. My advice would be to keep an eye out for pixie dust but to not be disappointed if you don't get any. After all, at least you'll be in DW. :)

Not to sound cynical, but I've never really expected any Pixiedust when we've gone in the past and never got any....but who knows this time!

Great advice; remember, if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!

Pardon my naivete, but what kind of things would I be asking for?

Not to sound cynical, but I've never really expected any Pixiedust when we've gone in the past and never got any....but who knows this time!

Pardon my naivete, but what kind of things would I be asking for?

Anytime you are purchasing something while at Disney World, ask if there is a DVC discount.

The only pixie dust we’ve ever been given was our room being ready when we checked in. If that’s all we ever get I’m fine with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter