New parking fee at POP!

And you fit both categories I provided in the example, a few who will not like it and they will be here at the Dis
Nothing is ever accepted by all
I'm sure there are many, many people who are not here on the DIS to get forewarning about this who will be extremely ticked off when they get their folio at the end of their stay with the parking fee, LOL. (Since I'm hearing a lot of reports that Disney isn't making this fee known to guests checking in.)

I'm sure there are many, many people who are not here on the DIS to get forewarning about this who will be extremely ticked off when they get their folio at the end of their stay with the parking fee, LOL. (Since I'm hearing a lot of reports that Disney isn't making this fee known to guests checking in.)
How? It's right there on the page when you check out. I booked a trip just last week. There is NO questions about the parking fee. None whatsoever.

How? It's right there on the page when you check out. I booked a trip just last week. There is NO questions about the parking fee. None whatsoever.
I haven't been since the parking fee was implemented and we won't have a car for our upcoming trip, anyway. This is just what I'm hearing from reading here on the DIS. Not sure if you've checked out the "What is it like to resort park now" thread?

Last edited:
For everyone that are planning on staying off site - have you thought about the entrance fee to the parks? It is more than the resort parking fee. I fly and always rent a car because I want to have the convenience of getting on the tram and getting to my car without having to walk to the bus stops, waiting for a bus and then having to stand packed like a sardine. But to each his own. Am I thrilled to pay a parking fee - not really but I like the convenience of my car over Disney transportation so I will pay the price

It’s in the fine print if you make a reservation online, but I would guess many people don’t read that. I haven’t made any reservations since the change, so I don’t know if it is being communicated well to people booking by phone.

I don’t want to stay off property (might as well stay at the house and do day trips, which isn’t nearly as much fun) but I have no intention of paying parking fees. If it means cutting a night off at the end so a friend can drop me off and pick me up, so be it. I will also be more likely to book through third parties so Disney has to pay out a commission instead of booking direct. I have used third parties before, and I don’t make a lot of changes once I’ve booked.

The end it all deal breaker for me will be resort fees, as there won’t be a workaround to prevent paying them. I refuse. They are nothing more than another money grab.

It’s in the fine print if you make a reservation online, but I would guess many people don’t read that. I haven’t made any reservations since the change, so I don’t know if it is being communicated well to people booking by phone.

I don’t want to stay off property (might as well stay at the house and do day trips, which isn’t nearly as much fun) but I have no intention of paying parking fees. If it means cutting a night off at the end so a friend can drop me off and pick me up, so be it. I will also be more likely to book through third parties so Disney has to pay out a commission instead of booking direct. I have used third parties before, and I don’t make a lot of changes once I’ve booked.

The end it all deal breaker for me will be resort fees, as there won’t be a workaround to prevent paying them. I refuse. They are nothing more than another money grab.
And I'm sure repeat Disney guests are even less likely to read the fine print, as they likely aren't expecting the terms to have changed. Are third party bookings exempt from the parking fee?

For everyone that are planning on staying off site - have you thought about the entrance fee to the parks? It is more than the resort parking fee. I fly and always rent a car because I want to have the convenience of getting on the tram and getting to my car without having to walk to the bus stops, waiting for a bus and then having to stand packed like a sardine. But to each his own. Am I thrilled to pay a parking fee - not really but I like the convenience of my car over Disney transportation so I will pay the price
I assume you mean parking fee at the parks? Now it is pretty much a wash. If you stay offsite, you pay to park at the parks. If you stay onsite, you pay to park at your hotel. And since offsite is usually much less expensive...

Are third party bookings exempt from the parking fee?

No, but Disney has to pay a commission to third parties, that they would not have to pay if you book direct. So the reservation costs them some of their profit. Only fair, considering what they are doing to their guests.

Yes, many offsite hotels charge fees. Many don't. But of the ones that do, their rates are much more in line with "industry standards" (since Disney loves to use that excuse, hahaha!) Disney has no business charging a parking fee when their room rates are already so inflated IMO. And there are many, many offsite options that charge no fees at all, like the many private pool homes around Disney World, the many time share condo resorts such as Bonnet Creek, etc.

Some resorts charge other fees, not just parking fees. Some of the Disney Springs resorts charge both parking fees and resort fees. So it is always smart to check. Bonnet Creek in the last couple of years started charging for bus service when it didn't before. Always good to make sure you know what you are paying.

To me a private home wouldn't feel at all like a trip to WDW. I've stayed off site enough to know. And that is something many people are deciding, how far can you go off site and still get that Disney feeling. No wrong answer really.

We drive down and while I'm not thrilled with the fee as AngiTN said it's a pebble in the total cost for us so won't make a difference as to staying on site. We have been staying at the Dolphin a lot lately and they have always had a parking fee so I guess we might just be used to it.
The new parking fee may make me look into staying at the Swan/Dolphin in the future. Ive always avoided it because no ME and the parking fee, now there is no reason not to consider it since sometimes I do like a car rental

I just heard about the increase as our grandchildren are heading there in August. They are not affected by the increase as they booked before the deadline. I feel bad for the Disney guests of today. When our kids were growing up, we made numerous trips from New England to Florida and stayed in the resorts. One of our kids eventually worked for Disney. But through the years, I have watched Disney continue to find ways to charge families in every way possible. They are a big business and that is the corporate way in many cases. Unfortunately, I am sure some families are priced out of the market as the cost of admission, resort, food and extras continues to skyrocket. Certainly some of it is competition but some of it is corporate greed. I am sure we will see the day in the near future when Disney will charge you to use their bathrooms. Start working on bladder control now.................................................

Unfortunately you undercut great points when you let your frustrations make you post ridiculousness.

BTW a trip to WDW has alwsal been a splurge for those who are lucky to afford it. That isn't new.

Some resorts charge other fees, not just parking fees. Some of the Disney Springs resorts charge both parking fees and resort fees. So it is always smart to check. Bonnet Creek in the last couple of years started charging for bus service when it didn't before. Always good to make sure you know what you are paying.

To me a private home wouldn't feel at all like a trip to WDW. I've stayed off site enough to know. And that is something many people are deciding, how far can you go off site and still get that Disney feeling. No wrong answer really.
Yes and resort fees anger me even more than parking fees. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney implements those in the future. But I agree that you should always do your homework and figure out the total cost, fees included.

As far as Bonnet Creek charging for bus service, I wouldn't want to rely on their bus service anyway so I would likely drive or uber to the parks. (Bus service is one area Disney definitely has the edge over offsite.)

A rental home is something I would like to try out but I would choose one with Disney decor and resort style amenities like Windsor Hills. (They already had a great looking pool and now they've expanded it and added several waterslides.)

Unfortunately you undercut great points when you let your frustrations make you post ridiculousness.

BTW a trip to WDW has alwsal been a splurge for those who are lucky to afford it. That isn't new.

I agree it always was on the expensive side , but with planning it was very doable. We were a middle class family and like many of our friends went 4 or 5 times while the children were in school. We even went 3 years in a row since one child went unexpectedly on a school band trip which we extended to a family trip. We still get to go economically now that we are Florida residents but I feel bad for young families where it may not be just a splurge but a major investment. You say "ridiculousness" but if 30 years ago someone told me the place in Epcot next to the British Pub we used to try and get to early to see the "Fireworks" would charge admission today, I would have said ridiculous. Sorry but parking at a resort to me is just milking a captive audience. Hopefully it comes back to bite them.

I agree it always was on the expensive side , but with planning it was very doable. We were a middle class family and like many of our friends went 4 or 5 times while the children were in school. We even went 3 years in a row since one child went unexpectedly on a school band trip which we extended to a family trip. We still get to go economically now that we are Florida residents but I feel bad for young families where it may not be just a splurge but a major investment. You say "ridiculousness" but if 30 years ago someone told me the place in Epcot next to the British Pub we used to try and get to early to see the "Fireworks" would charge admission today, I would have said ridiculous. Sorry but parking at a resort to me is just milking a captive audience. Hopefully it comes back to bite them.

I agree charging for parking is pretty horrible. I mean the part about paying for bathrooms. That was just frustration showing.

Also, my family was definitely middle class, and trips to WDW were not even considered. I never made it to Disney World until I was 29. Not every family is so lucky as to be able to do such a vacation. They never have been and they never will be.

I agree charging for parking is pretty horrible. I mean the part about paying for bathrooms. That was just frustration showing.

Also, my family was definitely middle class, and trips to WDW were not even considered. I never made it to Disney World until I was 29. Not every family is so lucky as to be able to do such a vacation. They never have been and they never will be.

Do you remember 7 or 8 years ago when Ryanair of Dublin floated the idea of charging for using toilets on their shorter flights? It happened right around the time Spirit announced they would be the first to charge fees for carry on luggage. People scoffed backed then but airline fees are pretty common today.................except for the toilet fee.

Do you remember 7 or 8 years ago when Ryanair of Dublin floated the idea of charging for using toilets on their shorter flights? It happened right around the time Spirit announced they would be the first to charge fees for carry on luggage. People scoffed backed then but airline fees are pretty common today.................except for the toilet fee.

Yep. No toilet fee.

Charging an in room toilet fee is over the top and probably not going to happen. (Although I assume the person that posted that was joking.) I have, however, been to hotels that have bathroom attendants (who you are expected to tip) in the public bathrooms. That feels a bit like being charged to use the bathroom!

Yep. No toilet fee.

Unless you're going to Europe . . .I came across a lot of pay toilets over there (fortunately had done some research in advance, and had coins handy . . .)

To be honest, I think the next fees will be (in no particular order):

Day guests pay parking at resorts (with validation for actual dining/shopping above a set limit)
DME fee
Resort fee
Paid FP+ for all, with fees for cancelling outside a certain time frame and possibly change fees
Possibly more fees or more restrictive fees for ADR's and room reservations (i.e., changing the deadline to cancel without penalty to lock people in for a longer period of time)

Once the fees start, it's like a waterfall . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter