New Passport requirements for US entry

Nick Beecham

Earning My Ears
Is everyone aware of the new passport requirements for entry into the US? My understanding is that from 1 October, the US will refuse entry to children unless they have their own passport.

I have flights booked and BA never told me this.

I only found out from last weekend's Sunday Times. If I had missed this, it would have been a catastrophe.

Nick

You should also take your old passports with you if you have been to the USA before.
We needed new ones for our recent trip and we were glad we took our old ones with us,the chap at the immigration desk was starting to ask all manner of questions as he thouht it was our first trip but when we showed him how many times our old passport had been stamped he waved us through

Yes children now have to produce their own passports at immigration. Also any person from the UK entering on the visa waiver program has to be in possession of a MACHINE readable passport. The red ones are readable. If you have the old blue typr or lost your passport abroad and had the UK embassy replace they will not accept these as they are not readable. Also the section where the bar code and details are located have to be free of tears and overwriting. If you do not fill these conditions you will have to apply for a visa with a visit to the US Embassy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter