new pin for others than americans

alexx

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Many of ou wrote about the patriotic pin sent to, it seem, all dvcers.

Do all of dvcers will have the pin or is it reserved to only the residents of usa?

Please if tou are not usa resident and recieved the pin, tell me, I want it and
I will ask ms to have one if I can.

bye

alexx (will be at home (okw) between feb 28 and march 8, anthrax or not)
:confused:

When I spoke with member services today, the cm said that all members would be receiving pins, they are just being sent out in a specific order. Hope yours comes soon!

Mail from USA to Canada is often slow, so my guess is that you just need to be patient. I would also guess that mail is even slower right now!

I mailed a deposit cheque for a DVC resale last weekend, and was told that regular mail from southwestern Ontario to Florida was taking up to 3 weeks. Needless to say, I didn't send the deposit via regular mail. So if the pins are, in fact, being sent out to everyone and are being sent via regular mail it could be some time before we see them in Canada.

- Mike

Yes, mail has slowed. If you want to reassure yourself that ALL members are indeed receiving the pins, you could send MS an e-mail. Just ask the same question you did here....are the pins being sent to non-USA members? My guess is that they are.

I heard the pins were only going to U.S. and Puerto Rico members. This kind of makes sense to me. If you read the material that comes with the pins, it definitely has a "We Americans" feel to it. I can understand how our friends in certain countries might want them too. But I also bet that members from less friendly countries don't particularly want these pins. I'm pretty sure we have members who would rather die than wear our flag.

It's an interesting dilemma for DVC. Sad, that such a warm and sincere gesture could be so controversial. Maybe they are sending to US/PR automatically and then to any other members who request it?? I've heard so many conflicting stories about this.

Hi,
I live in the UK and would love one of the pins,but when I checked with MS I got the following reply:

Mick,

The pin was originally designed as a one-time gift for DVC Members in
the United
States and Puerto Rico, a territory of the United States and
distributed as a
gesture of patriotism. Since the pin is representative of the American
flag,
they were sent to residents of United States and Puerto Rico, a
territory of the
United States.

The Disney Vacation Club

So it seems your friends in the UK will miss out.
Mick
Boston
UK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter