• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New pirate makeover experience!

Jenseib .. Can i ask did you make your DD's Mary Poppins outfit? Or is it available to buy somewhere?

Jenseib .. Can i ask did you make your DD's Mary Poppins outfit? Or is it available to buy somewhere?

I got the actual dress part from my DD's dance studio. They (another class)did a Mary Poppins song last year for the recital, so she ordered me one too. I oput a shirt we had under it, I bought the boots online, which have been discontinued and I had a heck of a time finding what I wanted, but was lucky to snatch one of the last pairs. The hat is an old Easter had that I added to and we bought the parasol at Michaels. I added all the red bos to everything as well.
Thanks!

We are planning on scheduling this for our trip in March - my boys will LOVE it. I am thinking about scheduling this and then doing the pirates and pals wishes cruise the same night. My husband and i are thinking about doing it as well.
I have 2 questions:
1. do many adults do it? is it worth it for $50 for the adults?
2. any chance of seeing Captain Jack Sparrow? would our chances increase if we scheduled our appts around the time of a pirates tutorial show?

Thanks in advance for all you help!!!
Shannon :goodvibes

1. do many adults do it? is it worth it for $50 for the adults?

Yes - obviously not as many as the kids, but more adults than you'd probably assume (including several on this board). I think it's worth it, but I'm biased! :lmao:

2. any chance of seeing Captain Jack Sparrow? would our chances increase if we scheduled our appts around the time of a pirates tutorial show?

The chance does exist, but it is very VERY VERY slim! Yes, if you scheduled your appointment during the tutorial and the show could not be performed then there is a better chance of him coming into the league.

But please note that we may go several weeks without ever seeing him, so I wouldn't count on it.

I booked a First Mate package for my soon to be 5 year old (his birthday is right after our trip, but we had to work with school holidays). He is terribly scared of the holloween aisles at the store, so I am hoping that he enjoys it. Looks like I am going to enjoy it though.

I just booked for 2 boys for Feb 2. it is the little ones 5th b-day the day before. I canot wait.

Maybe they will extend the special price, either way i know it is worth the money for them

My DD and DS really enjoyed the Pirate's League - even if they were a little shy. My DD had Pirate Brenna who was really great and compensated for my daughter's shyness. :love: I'll be back to post pics later. I'm REALLY excited that we got to meet Brenna in person!

Ok...so now my 8 year old decides he wants to do this for our trip in April. In october he was pretty much in tears cuz he didn't want to. now he "loves pirates" and that's his favorite ride...vs before it scared him.

Anyways, now our middle son will be 3, so he can join in....

Brenna....have you ever had any nervous 3 year olds? I think he'll be fine cuz his older brother is there. He may not go for the face painting, but should be fine with the rest.... I'm sure you guys work your magic with them ;) We're booked for 4/18 at 10:30 (it's a sunday).

Now I need to check out packages, etc. ...booked them the basic for now, but I'm the type if they ask for costume, I'll give in!

I was wondering about specials for March? Also if we schedule and then my son backs out.. is that a problem. He sometimes syas yes and sometimes says no. I am not sure what to do!

Brenna....have you ever had any nervous 3 year olds? I think he'll be fine cuz his older brother is there. He may not go for the face painting, but should be fine with the rest.... I'm sure you guys work your magic with them ;)

They get nervous kids everyday (all ages). Some will start crying and just leave, some will at least talk with the pirates, and some take about 2 seconds to turn over and then they're fine.

Are the specials running in January and february?

No discounts have been officially announced past the one that ended yesterday.

Also if we schedule and then my son backs out.. is that a problem. He sometimes syas yes and sometimes says no. I am not sure what to do!

Still book it, then just go to the Quartermaster (front desk) and let them know he has changed his mind. They may ask why - just indicated he's too scared. You will not be charged if your kid doesn't want to do it. They charge the people who just do not show up.

We just made our reservations for this today! Is there a link to a brochure or something that shows the different makeup themes? I looked through the first 6 pages & didn't see anything.

A couple of questions for ya'll....

We have a ressie at BBB so I was thinking we could do this for DS after. Will they allow my DD in to watch him get his pirate transformation?

What are the face painting options? He will not want his entire face painted, like some of the pics I have seen. Is there a more subtle version? He is on the autism spectrum so gets very nervous about things, but eventually warms up. Are they good with children like this?
TIA :)

Yes, you and your DD can watch while the make-up is applied. You can ask for a modified version of one of the standard faces. For example, the face with many eyes requires the person to keep their eyes closed for 15-20 minutes while the mapke-up is being applied. We asked if they could skip the eyes and they said yes. We ended up getting another face in the end. They make-up staff is very nice and accomodating. It was an overall great experience. We did the $49.95 package and thought it was a good deal.

I have booked this for my 9 year old DS and my hubby. Wish I had known about this when we were there last June. They will do this whle I take DD to BBB.....The guys don't want to join us for CRT afterwards and I told them that was fine since they would probably scare the little girls (DS wants to be the skeleton pirate).

What are the face painting options? He will not want his entire face painted, like some of the pics I have seen. Is there a more subtle version? He is on the autism spectrum so gets very nervous about things, but eventually warms up. Are they good with children like this?
TIA :)

There are certain CMs specifically trained to work with a child that has autism, if you mention it to the Quartermaster (front desk) they will try to match him up with someone who has that experience.

For all the looks you can look here... keep in mind these were practiced on me before the League opened so they are not the best representations but will give you an idea. The quickest look, with the least amount of pirate paint, is the Captain Jack Smokey Eye.

How close is the pirate place to BBB? I would like to get my son and daughter done at the same time. I will go with daughter and hubby will go with son. If they are to far apart then I will do one each day.

There are certain CMs specifically trained to work with a child that has autism, if you mention it to the Quartermaster (front desk) they will try to match him up with someone who has that experience.

For all the looks you can look here... keep in mind these were practiced on me before the League opened so they are not the best representations but will give you an idea. The quickest look, with the least amount of pirate paint, is the Captain Jack Smokey Eye.

Thank you! I think he would like the smokey eye look ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter