New Reservation Policy : Please Report Results Here ...

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other? Exactly at 11 month window at 9am.

What dates were you calling to reserve? August 15th to August 20th (5 nights)

What is the day of week of your arrival day? ie: M, T, W, R, F, Sa, Su. Saturday

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve? 1 BR Concierge at AKV

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout? All nights were available!

Misc Comments: May include future plans (for example, calling on Day-2 if shut out on Day-1), who you spoke to, knowledge of CM regarding new policy, etc. All I can say is that I'm shocked. I had been skeptical that I'd get this reservation - I think I was just preparing myself to be disappointed when/if I didn't get it. I tossed around the idea of "walking" but decided against it b/c I wanted to see if the new system would work for me "as is" and it did. The CM who helped me was William. He was very pleasant and knowledgable. I had to used banked, 2009 and borrowed a few 2010 AKV points and he made sure that his figures matched mine (they did). He went through what Club level includes, gave me the contact number/e-mail address. Now that snail in my countdown ticker is very appropriate - anticipation is going to get me!

I don't know if anyone is still attempting to keep up with this, but I just booked a 2BR/2Q at BCV for 10/18-23 (Sun.-Fri.) this morning at my 11 month window--no problems.

7 month window, called on 11/14 @ 9AM (no hold)
Got AKV Kidani Savannah View Studio for 6/14-6/20 (Sat-Fri)
First Try

11 month window, booked 2br BWV Boardwalk view for 10-10 to 10-17 all at once, no problems. first try.:cool1:

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other? Exactly at 11 months

What dates were you calling to reserve? November 20,2009-November 27,2009

What is the day of week of your arrival day? ie: M, T, W, R, F, Sa, Su. F

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve? GV SSR

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout? All nights were available!

:cheer2: :cheer2: GV for Thanksgiving 09

So far I'm 2 for 2...:thumbsup2

Booked at 11 month window
AKV dedicated 2 bdrm SV 11/8 (Sun) - 11/15/09 (Sun)
AKV studio SV 11/14 (Sat) - 11/15/09 (Sun)

I'll be trying for a THV for 11/19 - 11/21/09 in Feb. Wish us luck!

2 for 2 here also. I called at 11 months for SSR GV, check in Sat 6/27 for 6 nights, I also have SSR at 11 months 2 bdrm dedicated, check in Sat 11/7 for 7 nights. I am hoping to change that to THV when the booking window opens.

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other? 11 month window

What dates were you calling to reserve? 11/27/09-12/4/09

What is the day of week of your arrival day? Friday

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve? 2BR Boardwalk View

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout? Got it in the first call

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other? 11 month (which was Christmas Eve -- so glad I remembered to call)

What dates were you calling to reserve? 11/24/09-11/28/09

What is the day of week of your arrival day? Tuesday

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve? 2BR HHI

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout? First call

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other? 11 month window

What dates were you calling to reserve? 11/18/09-11/23/09 & 11/23/09-11/28/09

What is the day of week of your arrival day? Wed & Monday

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve? 2BR AKV Concierge & 2 BR BWV Standard View

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout? Got it in the first call

Did you call at the 11 month window, 7 month window or other?

9 a.m. on first day of 11-MONTH window

What dates were you calling to reserve?

11/22 to 12/1/09

What is the day of week of your arrival day?

ARRIVE ON SUNDAY; LEAVE ON TUESDAY (10 DAYS LATER)

What size unit, category, and/or view were you trying to reserve?

STUDIO AT BCV

Did you get what you wanted on the first call or were you shutout?

It took 3 calls, all of which resulted in me getting what I wanted w/out any problem...I "obsessed" about whether to "walk" the reservation, and ultimately decided to do so...so I called the first day of the 11th month window that included the Wed before T-giving and T-giving night (12/20)...that got me thru 11/27...then I counted wrong, and so would up having to make a third call (on my second call, I cancelled 11/20-21 and added 11/27-28, but couldn't add all the way thru check-out on 12/1 (that's where I counted wrong!) ...then I called again 12/26 to complete the reservation...each call there was no problem w/availability...I still don't know if I needed to walk this reservation and still have mixed feelings about whether I "should" have done so...but I do have our 9-night T-giving trip booked at BCV (the only reason for my add-on purchase earlier in November...hence, no "back-up" plan...)...I should have asked MS if there were still multiple studios available at each of my subsequent calls, but I forgot to do so! Oh, well...it'll be two years (at least) before we can do BCV at T-giving again (had to bank & borrow to do this reservation), and who knows, Disney may have changed the booking system again by then!

For almost every resort, every room type, every time of year - it won't be a problem if you call at 11 months. The exception is AKL concierge.

I called 12/26, got through about 9:10am and was unable to get a studio in concierge for Wed/Thu/Fri of Thanksgiving week. None of the 3 nights was available. So, I booked Kidani & went on the waitlist.

With only 5 2br lock-offs in that category, there were only UP TO 5 studios in the inventory, and they evidently are taken by people arriving earlier in the week. But, I'm not going to resort to the game-playing of booking earlier than I want & then canceling nights....that just seems so unethical to me.

Booked at 11 month window, 9:30am

1 BR Savannah View AKL Kidani

Nov. 26-Dec 2, 2009

Arriving on Thurs. (Thanksgiving Day)

Could not get through on 1-800# after about 5 attempts, got though with first try on 1-407#

For almost every resort, every room type, every time of year - it won't be a problem if you call at 11 months. The exception is AKL concierge.
While I agree, assuming this is true, why was everyone up in arms when this changed was first announced as the only thing that would have made it a bad move is if your statement wasn't accurate.

Success - AKV
* Called on 9/21 and booked a 1-BR value at AKV for 4/11 - 4/18. Called on 12/18 and modified the reservation to 4/10 - 4/17 with success. I will say that when I called (10 days after 7 month mark), a standard 1-BR wasn't available, but the value 1-BR was. I went ahead and booked it, so I didn't check the other views for availability.

Success - BCV
* Called on 12/26 around 10:30 and booked a 1-BR for 7/26 - 8/1.

Success/ Partial Success - VB :confused3
* Booked a 2-BR at the 11 month mark for 7/19 - 7/26 with my VB contract (success).
* Called on 12/19 to switch the points over to my SSR contracts. The only days that were available were later in the week (failure).
* Called back on 7/23 and switched 4 nights, 7/23 - 7/26, to my SSR contracts (success).

I called at 7-months to use my developer points and book a new trip...I got a two-bedroom savanna view for six nights (I was worried) and SSR two-bedroom for 5 nights (not worried)...My only concern was that we will be in Disney the week of the 4th of July..But we had no problems...

And I have to say I liked that I only had to call once :thumbsup2

11 months (12/29)

11/29-12/4

Sunday

Studio WL

Got it!

11 months minus 1 day (12/29)

11/28-12/4

Saturday

2 Br BWV, BW View

Got it!

Have to say I was pleasantly suprised. No problem with this post Thanksgiving, early December reservation.

So, given the lack of negative responses now that we are past the Thanksgiving/first week of Dec 2009 window, it seems we have one big test, New Years 2010 bookings, before we can declare the new booking system a success. Yes? No?

It seems there have been a few isolated instances of people not getting what they want under the new system, but that may not be happening any more than it was under the old system. It seems us naysayers and worriers may have been wrong, and the new system will be ok. It was nice making one call to get 6 nights for our post Turkey Day 2009 trip, when in the past I'd have called 6 times on a day by day routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter