new roller coaster coming to SeaWorld in 2016

The last piece of the track was installed this morning.

There is still work to be done on the station and the maintenance building, and the area over the water by the flamingo boats still has to be put into its final condition. But other than that (and whatever landscaping they do) it looks like ride testing should start to happen sooner rather than later.

The rest of the realm is moving along, with some pieces of what looks like a ship wreck close to the Clyde and Seamore area.

Sooo excited!! Can't wait to hear when the pass member preview is

Mako has been in testing! I saw vehicles running today. Getting close to opening!

I had a chance to ride it today. It is a great ride. The first hill is intense, there are 4 or 5 out of seat hills, and then the swoop around the lake is just neat. The out of seat is great, but once you get over the hill you get pushed back into your seat fairly hard. Definitely a fast ride but also long, seems like you are out there forever.

I had a chance to ride it today. It is a great ride. The first hill is intense, there are 4 or 5 out of seat hills, and then the swoop around the lake is just neat. The out of seat is great, but once you get over the hill you get pushed back into your seat fairly hard. Definitely a fast ride but also long, seems like you are out there forever.

Was it a soft-opening? How many did they let ride it?

We're gonna be there Early June, a week before it officially opens. We're hoping we can get lucky enough to ride it when we're there.

Was it a soft-opening? How many did they let ride it?

We're gonna be there Early June, a week before it officially opens. We're hoping we can get lucky enough to ride it when we're there.
Today and tomorrow are ambassador (employee) previews only.

Got a ticket for the Passholder Preview evening of 6/8! The rest of the tickets will be given out tomorrow morning, and then there will be pre-park-opening ride opportunities for passholders throughout the summer.

BGT is also offering passholders pre-opening rides on Cobra's Curse weekends in June.

At least initially I don't think you will be able to pick your own seat. It is a very short stacking area once you get to the station. You go up the stairs and once to the top almost immediately get to the person who assigns you the row. There is probably only room for about 2 cars (maybe 3 cars) on the platform before it would get too crowded.

That being said - the front row is great for the first hill, it just seems like you are staring down into nothingness. The back row is best for the speed and out of seat time. If they do allow you to wait for one of these rows and you have the time definitely try one or both of them.

I am not sure what the queue line itself will be like. There was still too much work going on to get a sense of it.

I got a pass for the preview too! I can't wait for the 8th!

It looks like Mako was soft open today. I got there too late to get one but it looked like they had handed out tickets, and I definitely saw some people riding it. It opens next week so I am not sure how many more days it will have a soft open but I would have to think they will have at least a few more.

It was open again today (Friday).

If you do want a chance to do the soft open I recommend you get there early in the morning. I was there at 11:30 and all tickets were gone already.

It was open again today (Friday).

If you do want a chance to do the soft open I recommend you get there early in the morning. I was there at 11:30 and all tickets were gone already.

They did ticketed soft opening in the morning today, but then reopened in the afternoon for several hours and weren't requiring tickets. My son rode several times with very little wait. He was thrilled.

I went on yesterday. Mako is amazing! Such an awesome coaster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter