New Rooms at AKL

Dang - I wish they had the pull down bed like other resorts so that my family of 5 could stay there again. I know we could get a villa or studio but we love the pool view bunk bed rooms in Jambo house.

I wonder if they will add some or if the square footage will not allow for 5 in a room...:confused3

Hardwood floors? No ceiling fan? I am pretty meh so what on the upgrades. Stayed there last June and we loved the whole theme. Disney just needs to do what they dream of, make every room a Hotel 6 boring room and still try to overcharge.

Dang - I wish they had the pull down bed like other resorts so that my family of 5 could stay there again. I know we could get a villa or studio but we love the pool view bunk bed rooms in Jambo house.

I wonder if they will add some or if the square footage will not allow for 5 in a room...:confused3

Square footage doesn't really allow for it.

Sorry but I can’t find information about what rooms are refurbished and what rooms are now under refurbishment process. Please could someone inform me?

We are going to stay next August in one of club level savannah view room. Are they refurbished?

I think they look great! I am a fan of dark woods, so I'm glad to see some of that remaining and I do think the brighter walls help with the overall feel of a smallish space. The nets were cool, but how much dust did they end up catching? AKL is on my resort bucket list. I've only been to dine and view the animals, so I don't have personal experience with seeing them.

Yes, this was my thought, too! We stayed there last Summer as a family of 5 because our youngest was only 2. She's 3 now, so AKL is no longer an option unless we want to pay more to get two rooms or a full suite.

Where did you hear that? They are both showing Bunk Beds as a bookable category in December.

Let's just say I know somebody. Unless there has been a change in plans, after the AKL and WL room refurbs are complete, there will no longer be any bunk bed rooms at either resort.

That’s too bad about the Bunk Bed rooms. They are not for everyone, but families with the right demographic for that upper bunk (roughly kids 6-12 years old), this is a great way for them not to share a bed with a sibling.

Rumors started when folks staying at WL asked about the (since postponed) room refurb were told one of the things they were going to do is remove the bunk bed rooms in both WL and AKL.
Let's just say I know somebody. Unless there has been a change in plans, after the AKL and WL room refurbs are complete, there will no longer be any bunk bed rooms at either resort.
That’s too bad about the Bunk Bed rooms. They are not for everyone, but families with the right demographic for that upper bunk (roughly kids 6-12 years old), this is a great way for them not to share a bed with a sibling.

Seems weird to me to do away with them, when so many other resorts are adding them during refurbs or as they build new resorts. I'm talking chains, not inside disney. If they find they are not booking as well, they should just stop trying to upcharge for them. I bet plenty of people would book them if they cost the same as a normal room with a king/sleeper or a 2 queen room.

the new room looks great! bright and a bit more open, and i like that the theme is still throughout the room.

i love love AKL, but the old furniture was just waaaaaay too bulky for a smaller deluxe room.

and although i hear that bunk bed rooms are probably going, as a young family it makes me pretty sad. they seem perfect for mid-aged kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter