new rumor that keeps coaster fans happy!

fboy9286

Earning My Ears
I got this from screamscape:

2003 - Rumor - (8/12/2001) There are some whispers coming in over the past week that Universal Orlando may be the home to the first American version of the new B&M Flying Coaster. For more info on this coaster, check out the information on Alton Tower’s new AIR coaster. Rumors have placed this new possible flying coaster project somewhere in the jungles of Jurassic Park. If you know more, please do let us know. We do know that the Alton ride is supposed to have an exclsuive use agreement for this new technology for the first couple of years, so peraps a deal was made between Alton and Universal.

First: do we have the room?
Second:where do i sign?

Yes, they have room.

It sounds like a positive statement because IOA loves B&M and the new coaster is rumored to be by B&M.

I've seen photographs of the new B&M flying coaster, so it is legit.

http://www.sw5online.fsnet.co.uk/train3d.htm

They have room to build it next to the Flying Unicorn or Rip Saw Falls, so there you go, it's a rumor at this point. But a very highly positive hopeful (WE'RE ALL RAISING OUR HANDS) rumor.
GO IOA.
GO IOA.
GO IOA.

FIRST B&M FLYING COASTER. WHOOO HOOOOOO.

Yes, Bring it.

I hope this rumor is true. I know it is.
I have a feeling.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Excuse the over excessive hype, but I'm happy for our FLORIDA parks.

WE RULE.

Let's Go.

Okay, the response is the same as all of the other posts of the subject....

no
No
nO

and

NO!

Thanks for clearing up the rumors.

It will stop many threads of false rumors.

Go IOA.

We're rooting for you. Parks are announcing. Fans are anxious for next year.

We're rooting for you.

Go IOA.

Thanks Earl.

Thanks Earl, your comments and accurate insite into USF/IOA are very much appreciated, however I was wondering...if Vivendi/Universal were in high level negotiations with B&M for a ride like this at what point would that information become available to you? How far would you know before a press release was made to the public? Can you even answer these questions? :D

I can tell you that Earl, if he knows anything, can't tell you anything-nor can I. Thank you, this has been a recording...

Yes, I have read the past coaster denials, but just wanted to throw my two cents in on the use of a flying coaster.

If the next attraction is another coaster than I think this could be an excellent choice. I had the chance to ride the Vekoma flying coaster (X-Flight) at SFWOA earlier this summer and will probably be making a trip to SFA to ride their version (actually the exact same design) in another week.

Really enjoyed this ride. Thought it was a very unique experience and one that has significant potential for imagineering/theming. In typical SF fashion all they did is plop the ride over a gravel parking lot. Your dropping face down at 60 MPH to within 6 feet of the ground and all you get to see are coaster supports, rocks, and the more than occasional weed???

I can just imagine what you guys could do with this machine if you had a chance to play with it. A dark ride version could be incredible.

Also, the SF version is not that tall (115 ft). They must think the experince is just all about flying close to the ground. However, the dives are some of the best parts, so a little more height would not be a bad idea.

I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever project gets greenlighted next. You guys may want to check those sensors though as it seems like the light has been stuck on red for a long time now.

Also, to the uninformed I still hear IOA referred to as a coaster park. Is there any worry that putting another coaster into the park would play into that steroetype. I guess all the more reason that if you do go in that direction to make sure you do something novel in terms of ride experience.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what this kind of coaster is/does? Or point me in the direction of a good resource on the topic? I saw the renderings of the ride trains on the site above, but I'm still puzzled!

Help appreciated. :smooth:

Let me see if I can remember.

If you can first imagine a floorless coaster (if you are not sure what that is than the Hulk will do). However, the seats are facing towards the back of the train.

Now, imagine that before you depart the station your row of seats is tilted all the way back. You are now lying on you back (head pointed towards the front of the train) looking up at the sky. This is how you climb the lift hill.

As you crest the top the entire train rotates so you are now below the track facing face down. Nothing holding you in but your vest type restraint. Hence the feeling of flying and the name.

You complete the course (loops, corkscrews...) in both an above and below the track orientation.

Sorry, hope you weren't confused by the pictures. I was describing the Vekoma flying coaster. The B&M version looks to start off as an inverted coaster (not a floorless).

Looks like you would get in as you would on any inverted coaster than at some point they would pull the bottom of the seat up until you are face down.

On the Vekoma coaster you are put prone (laying on your back)before you leave the station and all the way up the lift hill. Wonder if the B&M version puts you face down at the station or at the top of the lift hill. Riding up face down would be pretty cool, but wonder how comfortable??

Hmm.. I would say not very comfortable, and I would think that there would be some serious lunch-losing going on if you were started off face-down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter