New runDisney 2018 Dates

On the positive side of things, having earlier registration dates will allow some to book rooms earlier as well. As one who doesn't book the room until I know I got into the race, this could be nice since there will be more room availability at time of race registration. I fully understand that you don't have to wait until registration to book a room, but I think many folks do.

As one who has to eat a $200 reg fee for january cause of an unexpected end of jan baby- i can say moving the reg dates earlier means unless things dont sell out and are available 8-10 weeks pre race im done with run dis. To much of a gamble (yes some local races do crazy early reg but i can gamble 20-80 bucks vs 200+)

I'm definitely not dropping money on the DLH right before Christmas, that's for sure.

Go home with these dates, RD. You're drunk.

No kidding! What are they thinking? Plus I'm on the cruise when we are supposed to register for Wine and Dine. Give us a break rD. You're going to get all of our money, we promise!

Chicago Marathon moved their registration dates for 2017 up super early too. I think it's just a trend. For a race with a lottery, I view it as positive. I get my answer sooner and can find another race if I don't make the cut.

Chicago Marathon moved their registration dates for 2017 up super early too. I think it's just a trend. For a race with a lottery, I view it as positive. I get my answer sooner and can find another race if I don't make the cut.

It's also the 40th anniversary of Chicago, so I'm sure they're trying to force people's hands to choose their race over NYC - the lottery for Chicago this year was almost a month AFTER NYC and I think they saw serious drop-offs because of that (I read somewhere that over 70% of domestic applicants and 100% of international applicants got in to Chicago this year - more than four times the acceptance over previous years), so that my explain why they moved the date up.

They sure are hounding guaranteed entries to commit, though ... I just got ANOTHER email about using my deferral.

On the positive side of things, having earlier registration dates will allow some to book rooms earlier as well. As one who doesn't book the room until I know I got into the race, this could be nice since there will be more room availability at time of race registration. I fully understand that you don't have to wait until registration to book a room, but I think many folks do.

A lot of the 2018 registrtions are however months before the package reservations open up. I'm one of those people that likes to get the registration and then straight away do the resort reservation, so for some of the 'planner' amoung us there will be a lag time.

A lot of the 2018 registrtions are however months before the package reservations open up. I'm one of those people that likes to get the registration and then straight away do the resort reservation, so for some of the 'planner' amoung us there will be a lag time.

Plenty of time to find someone to rent DVC through, though!!

I booked my DVC at Beach Club for 2017 in February of this year!

It looks like the rundisney.com site is starting to update "events" pages with registration prices (but not registration dates yet). It's looking like prices for DL Half reduced a bit, and would be same as for Avengers. I would stay tuned.

Since runDisney doesn't do refunds or deferrals, seems like the races shouldn't sell out so fast. Basically, people will probably wait longer to purchase (due to the holidays) or wait to determine whether or not they can actually make to the races. Kind of like it used to be, instead of the frenzy it has become.

It looks like the rundisney.com site is starting to update "events" pages with registration prices (but not registration dates yet). It's looking like prices for DL Half reduced a bit, and would be same as for Avengers. I would stay tuned.

I just went and checked my Active invoice from this year - looks like some Wine & Dine events went up.

I really hope, Dopey 2018 will not sell out that fast. February is way too early for me as an "international traveler" to book this :worried:

The only reason I can think of for these early registration dates is rD must feel the sell out times is slowly tapering off and this give people a bigger window to decide.

I'm curious about the AP'ers registration dates. If the DL 1/2 reg. date is Dec 13.....wondering how soon is the AP reg. for the race ??

Have they announced that APs still get early registration? :scratchin

Very interesting question. There is no longer a mention of early registration in the event pages for W&D or DLH (although I didn't see registration dates there either). Even more interesting was when I went to the Annual Passholders benefits on the MDE page through Disney.com. There is no longer a mention of early registration as being an AP benefit. At least not that I could find.

Very interesting question. There is no longer a mention of early registration in the event pages for W&D or DLH (although I didn't see registration dates there either). Even more interesting was when I went to the Annual Passholders benefits on the MDE page through Disney.com. There is no longer a mention of early registration as being an AP benefit. At least not that I could find.
I haven't heard anything about it going away, but still...hmmmm....

They used to have early registration with - gasp! - a discount for Disney Visa cardholders, and that's gone. So them taking away early registration is not unprecedented.

From the Passholder site:
"The Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will take place August 31- September 3, 2017 at the Disneyland® Resort in California. The early registration period for Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Annual Passholders will begin on Thursday, December 8, 2016 at Noon EST / 9:00 a.m. PST and remain open until 8:00 p.m. EST / 5:00 p.m. PST on Monday, December 12, 2016 or until capacity limits are reached."

So they've changed it from Tuesday to Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter