New search system problems, suggestions etc

Alex,
A few people have mentioned that they highlight while reading posts to keep their place, and that the magnifying glass gets in the way and is annoying. In the future maybe there could be a way to turn it off if you want to? Just a thought. Thanks

Alex,
A few people have mentioned that they highlight while reading posts to keep their place, and that the magnifying glass gets in the way and is annoying. In the future maybe there could be a way to turn it off if you want to? Just a thought. Thanks

It would involve adding another database query so probably not. If anyone is using IE8 it already has a pop up of it's own if you highlight so I think it's the way of the future. If it really bothers someone the answer is to log out, you won't see it

It would involve adding another database query so probably not. If anyone is using IE8 it already has a pop up of it's own if you highlight so I think it's the way of the future. If it really bothers someone the answer is to log out, you won't see it

That pretty much sums up why I use Firefox. I hate any type of pop-ups as they are intrusive to my browsing experience. Basically, it seems like I have three choices: accept the pop-ups when I click into text, log out and accept the ads or stop visiting.

Anyone know of any browsers that can disable this feature?

firefox seems to have a lot of layovers. Of course I think those are made by other users.

I use operah, and the magnifying glass shows up, but you have to click on it to pop up the search window.

So when I'm scrolling i just have to move the mouse over a little bit before i start highlighting again.

I am having problems this evening with the search feature.

I am on a thread, and do an advanced search by username (to find where I last posted, and read to current). The search works fine. I click on the link, but it takes me to a different page, days prior, without that post. I then click to advance the thread, and it doesn't advance properly. It gets "stuck" and it appears days from the thread are missing.

I went back and forth a few times (thinking I was crazy!), and posted on the thread wondering what happened, and then suddenly the days reappeared.

Then they disappeared again. The thread goes back a few days, even my most recent post from tonight is gone.

I refreshed, and they reappeared.

This all just happened now, 10:50-11:00 PM Central, 02-01-2010 on the Food Pictures thread found HERE

On the suggestions side (amid all the problems this morning :) ), I'm finding that I am frequently calling up the search function accidentally - and that can't be pleasant for the servers if a lot of people are doing searches accidentally...it certainly on the face of it seems convenient, but it too easy to call it up. I think it should at least confirm that you want to perform a search.

> I'm finding that I am frequently calling up the search function accidentally

I used to do the same, the new search helped me to quit that habit to select constantly text on the page I read, draining my mouse battery like crazy. It will help you also. :)
However, I will provide everyone with an acceptable solution. I will move the search icon a little higher, so it does not get anymore on the mouse way.

About the server load, do not worry. There is virtually no server load generated by search engine.

> I'm finding that I am frequently calling up the search function accidentally

I used to do the same, the new search helped me to quit that habit to select constantly text on the page I read, draining my mouse battery like crazy. It will help you also. :)
However, I will provide everyone with an acceptable solution. I will move the search icon a little higher, so it does not get anymore on the mouse way.

About the server load, do not worry. There is virtually no server load generated by search engine.

It depends on the sensitivity of your mouse, but I also do a lot of cut-and-paste of actual text and in doing so often end up initiating a search. Perhaps if the icon was moved to the left side instead of the right - most people copy left-to-right...

Hi!

I am having a search problem:

When I am in the "Disneyland (California)" Forum, and when I attempt to search within that forum, I am getting WDW search results, not Disneyland search results. So, although I am selecting "Search this Forum", it is searching everywhere and pulling results from other forums, like Disney Dining, etc.

I am attempting to search "Fantasmic" within the Disneyland forum, but keep getting WDW results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Thanks for reporting the issue, I fix it.
Please try again the search into Disneyland (California) (or any specific forum) and let me know if it solved the issue for you.

Thanks for reporting the issue, I fix it.
Please try again the search into Disneyland (California) (or any specific forum) and let me know if it solved the issue for you.

Yes! The search function seems to be working correctly now; thank you!

:goodvibes :) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter